Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ShaneB posted:

There's a zero percent chance he hasn't watched both of those numerous times.

Yeah Cedric understands that if you can't stand the heat, get off Mickey Rourke's sex grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Those promos are straight out of A Link Between Worlds

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I think I've posted this here before, but I was going through my old support tickets while submitting a refund request (M1G2 I clicked a creature in my hand, tapped a mana, hit undo and it reset the game, crashed my MTGO and when I opened it the game had restarted) and I found a screenshot I attached when Spin into Myth was bugged in Future Sight (the creature you fatesealed didn't get put on top of their library)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are you guys sure the "I'm going to become a wrestler" line wasn't just a joke?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

fadam posted:

Are you guys sure the "I'm going to become a wrestler" line wasn't just a joke?

Listen to the podcast. It's entirely 100% not a joke.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Casual magic players are awful. My local Facebook group is already talking about how Torment of Hailfire should eat a ban.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Retromancer posted:

Casual magic players are awful. My local Facebook group is already talking about how Torment of Hailfire should eat a ban.

I like them. These are the folks who I throw my bulk cards at by the end of FNM and they think its christmas.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Retromancer posted:

Casual magic players are awful.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Retromancer posted:

There's nothing wrong with playing casually. The people you're describing aren't even really casual players, they usually show up to FNMs and PPTQs pretty consistently. I'd really describe them more as "bad and opinionated".

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Those people are great because they increase the prize pool at FNM but they never win anything so more packs for meeeeee

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Lone Goat posted:

Those people are great because they increase the prize pool at FNM but they never win anything so more packs for meeeeee

True but sometimes the "listen to me voice strong and very wrong opinions for 5+ minutes after the match" tax can make it not worth it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ThePeavstenator posted:

True but sometimes the "listen to me voice strong and very wrong opinions for 5+ minutes after the match" tax can make it not worth it.

A lot of overlap with the I only lost because of mana issues (every single game) crowd too.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'd much rather play in a very good 8 man pod where I fight for 2-1 or better than consistently go 5-0 or 4-1 in a 4 pod draft FNM.

It gets tiresome clowning on people who always have the most miserable attitudes about why they lost. Maybe stop playing 4c in Amonkhet without fixing if you feel like you're getting color screwed all the time? Or don't complain about how you were cut on colors when you pass a P1P7 Scaled Behemoth.

-------

To jump tracks, a local store is doing a Chaos draft on Wednesday. One of the store employees is going to enter with 15 Standard Showdown packs, opening 5 per draft "pack." This option isn't allowed for anyone else. Fair for Chaos or too stupid for even Chaos?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

PJOmega posted:

To jump tracks, a local store is doing a Chaos draft on Wednesday. One of the store employees is going to enter with 15 Standard Showdown packs, opening 5 per draft "pack." This option isn't allowed for anyone else. Fair for Chaos or too stupid for even Chaos?

They and whoever sits near them are going to have substantially higher quality decks due to the amount of rares they'll see first. It'd be more interesting to distribute the packs among all the drafters, and have everyone open a regular booster and a showdown pack at the same time.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

Pontius Pilate posted:

A lot of overlap with the I only lost because of mana issues (every single game) crowd too.

pretty sure i've posted this already but my favorite occasion of this was someone telling me that the "snow" mechanic was total bullshit (and used to be banned?) after I beat him, my out that game was hoping he would forget to attack with his lethal mutavault for 4+ turns and he did not dissapoint

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

little munchkin posted:

pretty sure i've posted this already but my favorite occasion of this was someone telling me that the "snow" mechanic was total bullshit (and used to be banned?) after I beat him, my out that game was hoping he would forget to attack with his lethal mutavault for 4+ turns and he did not dissapoint

were you playing skred or something?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

SoftNum posted:

were you playing skred or something?

yea. i don't know why scrying sheets of all cards would set somebody off

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Hot ban take: invisible stalker should be banned in triple innistrad draft

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

little munchkin posted:

yea. i don't know why scrying sheets of all cards would set somebody off

You get to play with a land that draws you an average of 1/3 of a card every time you activate it, that's clearly imba

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

ThePeavstenator posted:

What's worse, this guy or the 'been playing magic a long time, now listen to me endlessly express my opinions on cards to seemingly no one'?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Carl Killer Miller posted:

What's worse, this guy or the 'been playing magic a long time, now listen to me endlessly express my opinions on cards to seemingly no one'?

Those people are cool and have good opinions.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I would rather get good unsolicited advice than bad unsolicited advice.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Molybdenum posted:

Hot ban take: invisible stalker should be banned in triple innistrad draft

It barely makes the list behind jitte, pack rat and glorybringer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i guess i'd consider myself casual these days but man when i play magic i just wanna have a good time. i found the easiest way to diffuse salty players who are bad and don't know why they are bad is to ask them if they want to play again, then clown them even harder. also wrestling rules you dorks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Elyv posted:

You get to play with a land that draws you an average of 1/3 of a card every time you activate it, that's clearly imba

In practice, you either draw a free land and are further into your deck, or you are drawing a spell. Or you have six lands on top so you draw nothing but lands for three turns instead of six turns and then you're dead anyway, stupid Martyr/Proc in Standard led to some hilariously unlikely poo poo.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Entropic posted:

It barely makes the list behind jitte, pack rat and glorybringer

Small set rare, rare, rare.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Elyv posted:

for the small, small opportunity cost of playing a deck consisting of mostly cards that zero other decks in the format would want to run

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the haters. I just received 24 tickets from MTGO tech support due to an inconvenience. Two free drafts. Awesome.

Also, MTGO helped me step my game up big time, limited especially. Does the limited experience on XMage compare to the limited experience on MTGO assuming there is one?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Listerine Hangover posted:

gently caress the haters. I just received 24 tickets from MTGO tech support due to an inconvenience. Two free drafts. Awesome.

Also, MTGO helped me step my game up big time, limited especially. Does the limited experience on XMage compare to the limited experience on MTGO assuming there is one?

Getting better at limited is the main reason to play on MODO. I wouldn't bother with anything else for that.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Listerine Hangover posted:

Limited on xmage is terrible. Most people drop either after the draft or after one round.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Does wrestling still carry the guarantee of CTE if you do it for any moderate period of time like the NFL?

e: also lol at the guy who fell down trying to do a cartwheel going straight for wrestling.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

A big flaming stink posted:

e: also lol at the guy who fell down trying to do a cartwheel going straight for wrestling.

Hahahhahaha thank you for reminding me of that

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Another MTGO bug - I added all my chests to my binder to sell to bots, and the icon changed to this:

Sea Gate Oracle is a cool dude and my friend.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Pastimes keeps up their past GP success by letting their domain for GPs lapse: http://www.mtggp.com/

Wizards is still linking to it and it's how you register!

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

hi friends!

I'm looking at my old collection and want to get some idea what it's worth. What's the go-to for an online platform?

Deckbox I see used a ton but mostly for trading, which I won't be doing any of. On the other hand, tcgplayer seems to be the gold standard for valuing, and they've got a 'Collection Tracker' in beta.

Any thoughts?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The answer is always tcgplayer. Use the collection tool.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Nosre posted:

hi friends!

I'm looking at my old collection and want to get some idea what it's worth. What's the go-to for an online platform?

Deckbox I see used a ton but mostly for trading, which I won't be doing any of. On the other hand, tcgplayer seems to be the gold standard for valuing, and they've got a 'Collection Tracker' in beta.

Any thoughts?

How big is your collection? How much do you want to get proportionally to your collections on paper "value"? How many hours do you want to waste staring at stupid pieces of cardboard?

A really, really easy way to digitize your collection is to use Scryglass, an app on Android. It costs money but trust me just being able to flash everything under a camera is worth far more than the pittance they ask for.

If you want to move your collection, you'd probably be best served by the mtg thread in SA Mart

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

tcgplayer it is!

Thanks for the app suggestion, too. I found a free one on IOS called MTG Manager with a scanner function that worked pretty well, but if I get deeper into this project maybe I'll upgrade. Not unloading anything at the moment (though the Chinese are worrying), just trying to start getting a ballpark on total value. It's also a very fun exercise since I was playing heavily around 2003-2005 so I'm finding stuff like a 7x stack of Chalices, 6x Phyrexian Tower, 4x Reanimate in the common pile...

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

1064x768 sic desktop for all the wrestling fans. honestly i prefer pre revision wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The cartwheel isn't until about 8:00 in, the rest of the video is worth watching for the sheer silliness of it.

https://youtu.be/5yhBiJuQumQ