Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Hey, that's crazy! Like literally pardoning a murderer to own the libs?

I'm rarely emotionally impacted by news but this conjures a visceral reaction of disgust. This performative stupidity must be a mental illness.

Like not just somebody who did financial crimes or some kind of weird espionage thing that could be argued to have been in the service of some "good" purpose, like pardons have typically been used for. Just a legit loving convicted murderer.

That's WILD WEST JUSTICE i guess :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Almost Smart posted:

I’m not even sure you can take to the streets and protest this massive miscarriage of justice without painting a target on your back that some chud is just dying to take a crack at.

perfect

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What a piece of poo poo mom

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
18 is an adult, like yeah its a teen number, its an adult.

also is this the kid adult with a kid with a highschooler so Bobert is a grandma with two highschooler parents?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

i was thinking about trump closing his eyes in court, and how he made a point of saying he does so to "take it all in" or whatever, and i'm not even so convinced that he's sleeping but rather that he's dissociating due to narcissistic injury. he is fundamentally allergic to the reality of it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Junk posted:

i was thinking about trump closing his eyes in court, and how he made a point of saying he does so to "take it all in" or whatever, and i'm not even so convinced that he's sleeping but rather that he's dissociating due to narcissistic injury. he is fundamentally allergic to the reality of it
Yeah, he's imagining himself hitting five straight hole-in-ones on one of his stupid golf courses. If you pointed a shotgun mic at him and turned up the gain all the way, you'd probably hear him humming songs from Cats to himself.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

PhazonLink posted:

18 is an adult, like yeah its a teen number, its an adult.

also is this the kid adult with a kid with a highschooler so Bobert is a grandma with two highschooler parents?

Also 'shoplifting' is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

He was stealing credit cards, and involved in identity theft. Not pocketing gum packets.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He’s just taking it all in, like 6 of the 8 hours he’s in court every day. Just drinking it in, planning, strategizing in silence and seeing the plan on the back of his eyelids laid out before him. Sometimes it amazes him how great his victory will be that he nods his head and even leaves his mouth slack, shocked at his own genius.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Junk posted:

it's a boring droning court room and he's old. most of us would fall asleep too.

the bullshit part comes in where he pretends he isn't and then we all have to pretend that, for the first time in 70+ god drat years trump is deep in silent contemplation and a zen like state of understanding.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

A police investigation into Republican operative Ali Alexander is still ongoing, a spokesperson for the Johnstown Police Department in Colorado confirmed to the Daily Dot on Wednesday, and has now extended to Texas. The Daily Dot reported in April of last year that a case had been opened into allegations that Alexander used promises of advancement in the conservative movement to try and groom underage boys.

Alexander is also accused of offering jobs to the boys, who were in the orbit of Nick Fuentes’ fascist America First movement, in exchange for send him sexual images and videos. The Daily Dot reported last week that a video of Fuentes admitting that he knew about the grooming allegations swirling around Alexander long before they went public had resurfaced on X after Fuentes had his account reinstated.

If only he could travel back in ti…

quote:

This is going to sound kooky for y’all on Cozy, but you guys don’t understand the esoteric. What if I told you that all of us are of capable of traveling – well, not all of us, cuz you’re not smart enough – what if I told you that there a lot of people capable of time traveling, they just don’t know it?

“What if I told you that time traveling is easier than you think? It requires a lot of discipline and no machines. What if I told you that the reason why the New World Order wants you to focus on fiction stories about machines is they don’t want you to know that everyone has access to time travel.

“Then, what if I told you that the reason that those of us fight is that we are each pulling from time itself. (Responds to onscreen question: Yes, of course the Jews time travel. That’s what makes the apostasy so great.) So what if I told you that I could prove that I’ve time traveled before?”

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Three Olives posted:

Well Trump just admitted being a party to the hush money payment so...

Seriously, am I missing anything? Because I thought one of the major hurdles the prosecution had clear was connecting Trump to the NDA with Trump's defense being "It was just my scummy lying lawyer going rogue, I had nothing to do with it" and now he is claiming his NDA with Stormy is actually perfectly good and legal?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

it's a boring droning court room and he's old. most of us would fall asleep too.

the bullshit part comes in where he pretends he isn't and then we all have to pretend that, for the first time in 70+ god drat years trump is deep in silent contemplation and a zen like state of understanding.

i meant dissociating in the trauma response sense, not the inner peace sense

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he posted way worse.

welp, he certainly plays to stereotype

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

:lol:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Oh hey look, the exact thing all those Punisher logo wearing assholes should be up in arms about. Oh well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL mfer sleepin' in his court sketches

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What a piece of poo poo mom

On one hand, her child is a paedophile so I completely agree with disowning him.
On the other hand, his dad is a paedophile and she knew that when she met him, and the two of them raised their child to be a paedophile.
In short, the entire family should be thrown into a volcano or something because there's no redeeming that poo poo.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Sleep well, my cheeto faced prince"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL mfer sleepin' in his court sketches

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Boy, if one of my loved ones was murdered, and the governor just pardoned the killer for shits and giggles, I’d definitely be getting some ideas right about now.

In Minecraft.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Greg is a turd eating doodoo head

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bugsbunnysawingtexasoff.gif

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Bugsbunnysawingtexasoff.gif

They keep yelling about wanting to secede and be an independent country. We really should let them.

And then build a wall around texas and make them pay for it.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

SyNack Sassimov posted:

They keep yelling about wanting to secede and be an independent country. We really should let them.

And then build a wall around texas and make them pay for it.

many people in texas would love to do just that

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Tucker Carlsonishly: "Is murder legal in Texas? It seems like it."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It brings me no pleasure to report that Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States, died today, mid-Truth.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

kazil posted:

It brings me no pleasure to report that Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States, died today, mid-Truth.

Oh please let this be a Cave of Caerbannog moment and have the writer of this abomination of a reality die.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
How likely is Trump going to be found guilty on this hush money case? I've been following along with everything, but I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out what it means. They had Cohen on the stand, and the defense was grilling him, but I don't know if its going to hurt Trump or not.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

kazil posted:

I find it so funny that Soros is the continual boogeyman. I have a theory that most Republicans hate him because he has given away most of the money he made, and still has a very enjoyable and impactful life. Dude has donated over 30 billion dollars over his life, and I think that is why he is the boogeyman; he shows that you can afford to give away a lot of money when you are ridiculously wealthy.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

How likely is Trump going to be found guilty on this hush money case? I've been following along with everything, but I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out what it means. They had Cohen on the stand, and the defense was grilling him, but I don't know if its going to hurt Trump or not.

It's kind of impossible to say without knowing what the jury is thinking. Also keep in mind that everything you read here is filtered through people live tweeting, so their bias is included, intentional or not. But it seems pretty obvious he did it, I mean he's already been convicted of fraud, and this is just another type of fraud. If the jury does their job, he should be found guilty.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I find it so funny that Soros is the continual boogeyman. I have a theory that most Republicans hate him because he has given away most of the money he made, and still has a very enjoyable and impactful life. Dude has donated over 30 billion dollars over his life, and I think that is why he is the boogeyman; he shows that you can afford to give away a lot of money when you are ridiculously wealthy.

I wish they would instead just loving pay taxes

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
just to note my uncle was in a wheelchair for 40 years and was a pretty awesome guy. gently caress abbot you wheely bin trash.
i can't wait until next election when you won't be able to tell if the "abbot pardoned a pedophile" ads are pro or con.

greg abbott and lou costello
"who's on first?"
"a pedophile!"
*texas crowd roars*

Junk posted:

i meant dissociating in the trauma response sense, not the inner peace sense
no offense meant to you, i meant what the chuds want us to think.
personally i doubt trump has the ability to dissociate. he'd have to be aware and accept what's going on. dollars to donuts trump thinks he's being intimidating by sitting with his eyes closed.
totally out of my rear end but i think his attorneys convinced him to strike that pose so people wouldn't be able to tell when he falls asleep. they convinced him it would be "intimidating" and all "eyes would be on him" and...if he does actually fall asleep...you saw that tweet that mentions when one of his eyes open? he pictures the entire court trembling at his silence. trump only understands flattery and fear.
what you're describing is a higher evolved creature than a trump

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

John Yossarian posted:

I think the odds would be relatively high, given that there were convictions of people involved in aspects of this case, most notably Cohen and Weisselberg. The case has to prove that Trump had knowledge of the criminal behavior and encouraged or directed such behaviour. Typically to be found guilty of a crime you must have a guilty act, the actus reus, and the guilty mind, the mens rea. In this case the guilty action has been fairly well established; in that the check was given to Stormy Daniels and paid for in a manner which violates campaign finance laws.

So the two most prominent options for defense would be that Trump did not communicate to the actors in question (Cohen/Wisselberg) and that they did these crimes of their own volition in order to help Trump win the presidency and then ride his coattails to greatness. This argument's strengths are that Cohen is a known liar and had a hungry ego. The argument is, however, undermined by the level of involvement Trump had in the day to day operations in this realm. For this defense to work the Jury would have to believe that Trump was not involved, which is hard to believe given the testimony, and also hard to believe based on all the poo poo he tweets.

The second option would be to claim that no illegal action occurred; and there are a few ways to approach this. One way would be to claim that Trump was being "extorted" and while his actions may have had political ramifications, the intent would be to save his marriage or family from embarrassment. This is a relatively weak option, as it doesn't seem realistic. Another way to argue that no illegal action occurred would be to find an expert witness and have them come and give false meanings and definitions and interpretations of the law such that Trump is, according to their expert campaign finance witness, operating within the bounds of the law. This is the last issue that was being discussed between the judge and attorneys today. I think that the defense has their best shot with this, in that if they can convince just one juror that their warped definition of the law is what should be enforced, then it would be reasonable to acquit.

If I had to lay out odds, I would go 75/25/0 for Guilty/Mistrial by hung jury/innocent.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

jokes posted:

I wish they would instead just loving pay taxes

:hmmyes:

Tax Billionaires until they ain't. Then do it again until they are merely 100milliionares.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I think the odds would be relatively high, given that there were convictions of people involved in aspects of this case, most notably Cohen and Weisselberg. The case has to prove that Trump had knowledge of the criminal behavior and encouraged or directed such behaviour. Typically to be found guilty of a crime you must have a guilty act, the actus reus, and the guilty mind, the mens rea. In this case the guilty action has been fairly well established; in that the check was given to Stormy Daniels and paid for in a manner which violates campaign finance laws.

So the two most prominent options for defense would be that Trump did not communicate to the actors in question (Cohen/Wisselberg) and that they did these crimes of their own volition in order to help Trump win the presidency and then ride his coattails to greatness. This argument's strengths are that Cohen is a known liar and had a hungry ego. The argument is, however, undermined by the level of involvement Trump had in the day to day operations in this realm. For this defense to work the Jury would have to believe that Trump was not involved, which is hard to believe given the testimony, and also hard to believe based on all the poo poo he tweets.

The second option would be to claim that no illegal action occurred; and there are a few ways to approach this. One way would be to claim that Trump was being "extorted" and while his actions may have had political ramifications, the intent would be to save his marriage or family from embarrassment. This is a relatively weak option, as it doesn't seem realistic. Another way to argue that no illegal action occurred would be to find an expert witness and have them come and give false meanings and definitions and interpretations of the law such that Trump is, according to their expert campaign finance witness, operating within the bounds of the law. This is the last issue that was being discussed between the judge and attorneys today. I think that the defense has their best shot with this, in that if they can convince just one juror that their warped definition of the law is what should be enforced, then it would be reasonable to acquit.

If I had to lay out odds, I would go 75/25/0 for Guilty/Mistrial by hung jury/innocent.

Thank you for the response. Those odds look good, but who knows when it comes to a jury. I'm just so loving tired of all this, and wish he would just gently caress off and die already. :(

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

John Yossarian posted:

Thank you for the response. Those odds look good, but who knows when it comes to a jury. I'm just so loving tired of all this, and wish he would just gently caress off and die already. :(

Maybe someone from Texas will get sick of all of Trump's protesting outside the courthouse and do the needful thing with their truck roll coal and choke him out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Legally, how miserable can we make Alito until he resigns?
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/16/us/justice-alito-upside-down-flag.html