Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

Probably going to kill myself soon.

Robocop and Amazing Spider-Man 2 have shipped and should be here this week.

Too much money.

Bro I dropped over a grand on Transformers this last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ShimSham posted:

With my growing SW Black Series collection, today I cleared a handful of WoS off my shelf. Are you in the U.S?

Edit: Of those I'd be willing to part with
- Bart
- Bartman
- Moe
- Barney
- Otto
- Homer (in underwear)
- Itchy and Scratchy
- Mayor Quimby
- Smithers
- Sideshow Mel
- Captain McAlister
- Bumblebee Man
- Chief Wiggum
- Lou (cop)
- Patty (Marge's sister)

All are loose, good condition. The majority of them look great, a few have a little paint from other figures in random spots (I bought a lot of them loose on eBay over the years) and I have most, if not all, their accessories. Most of the accessories I've kept in bags so I'd have to go through all of them and pick them out.

Louisgod posted:

I have a ton of WOS figures sitting around I don't need too. I'll dig them up later and try to put a picture up.

Sounds good! I'm in Ohio, so shipping shouldn't be a problem. If either of you are interested in DCUC, I have a box full of them that I can trade. Classic Kenner Star Wars as well, but those are in storage at my parent's house.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Cloks posted:

Sounds good! I'm in Ohio, so shipping shouldn't be a problem. If either of you are interested in DCUC, I have a box full of them that I can trade. Classic Kenner Star Wars as well, but those are in storage at my parent's house.

Not interested so much in a trade, I'm trying to get rid of stuff moreso. I'll give you that whole list for Paypal $20 + shipping (should be able to get them all into a small-ish flat rate box) or $1.50 each if you want to pick and choose. (treating Itchy and Scratchy as one, since they came packaged together originally)

you can PM me with details and all if you're interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cloks posted:

Can you toss up a list of the DCUC you've got? I might be interested.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

Probably going to kill myself soon.

Robocop and Amazing Spider-Man 2 have shipped and should be here this week.

Too much money.
If you kill yourself, can I have all your stuff? :ohdear:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ShimSham posted:

Not interested so much in a trade, I'm trying to get rid of stuff moreso. I'll give you that whole list for Paypal $20 + shipping (should be able to get them all into a small-ish flat rate box) or $1.50 each if you want to pick and choose. (treating Itchy and Scratchy as one, since they came packaged together originally)

you can PM me with details and all if you're interested.

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you in a bit.

I'll also put up some pictures of my DCUC for anyone interested

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cloks posted:

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you in a bit.

I'll also put up some pictures of my DCUC for anyone interested

If you still need them, I have the original WoS Bart (with Santa's Little Helper) and Lisa (with Snowball II), plus most, if not all, of their accessories.

And if you have DCUC Captain Boomerang from wave 18, I would be very interested in a trade!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If you still need them, I have the original WoS Bart (with Santa's Little Helper) and Lisa (with Snowball II), plus most, if not all, of their accessories.

And if you have DCUC Captain Boomerang from wave 18, I would be very interested in a trade!

I would be interested in Lisa but I don't have Captain Boomerang.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Double post! Here are my DCUC figures.

If anyone's interested, I can sell them to you via PM OR take the thread to SA-Mart so I get banned if I take your money and don't deliver.

Edit: Six dollars each, five each if you compliment me on the poses. Imperiex is 25.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cloks posted:

If anyone's interested, I can sell them to you via PM OR take the thread to SA-Mart so I get banned if I take your money and don't deliver.

Edit: Six dollars each, five each if you compliment me on the poses. Imperiex is 25.
I'm interested in that Cyborg Superman, I'll shoot you a pm!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cloks posted:

Sent a PM about a few figures. Speaking of figures to get, wonder if anyone got the Annihilus BAF left leg and left arm for sale. It's all I need to complete him now. I know both parts are in the Movie Beast figure, but don't really want that crappy figure and he tends to go for about $25 in box.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Cloks posted:

Is that the glow-in-the-dark Specter variant?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Dr. Platypus posted:

Is that the glow-in-the-dark Specter variant?

That it is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You know, I am thinking of making a all purpose action figure trade thread in SA Mart, since there still stuff I want to get from my "Old Action Figure" thread, but at the same time want to get rid of some Marvel Legends characters I bought that I honestly regretted.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rirse posted:

You know, I am thinking of making a all purpose action figure trade thread in SA Mart, since there still stuff I want to get from my "Old Action Figure" thread, but at the same time want to get rid of some Marvel Legends characters I bought that I honestly regretted.

There used to be one - a general BST would be nice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Posted the thread just now, if anyone got any suggestion on stuff to put in the OP, feel free to suggest. I got to add some other stuff to my own buy list later, but I just wanted to get this off the ground first.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686743

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glad I didn't pull the trigger at the last moment for the Sideshow Vader, it looked a bit thin. I hope Hot Toys nailed the "bulk" of Vader since Prowse was a freaking body builder at the time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Slight toy rant:

I went out to snag that 6 inch Keaton Batman figure at TRU today, got there around 2:30ish and I saw one Blu Ray sitting on the rack. You have to buy both the Blu Ray and the figure for the deal to work. Not a single Batman in sight. I asked one of the employees about it, and they said they were not only out of stock in the store, but the entire region was on backorder.

Then I got kinda mad when I realized NECA has been retweeting people buying 10 of the loving things just to scalp. Although, I wish I could figure out what happened to that missing figure that should've been partnered up with the Blu Ray.

If anyone can snag me one, I'd appreciate it greatly. I don't want to pay 50 bucks for the drat thing.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

CelticPredator posted:

Slight toy rant:

I went out to snag that 6 inch Keaton Batman figure at TRU today, got there around 2:30ish and I saw one Blu Ray sitting on the rack. You have to buy both the Blu Ray and the figure for the deal to work. Not a single Batman in sight. I asked one of the employees about it, and they said they were not only out of stock in the store, but the entire region was on backorder.

Then I got kinda mad when I realized NECA has been retweeting people buying 10 of the loving things just to scalp. Although, I wish I could figure out what happened to that missing figure that should've been partnered up with the Blu Ray.

If anyone can snag me one, I'd appreciate it greatly. I don't want to pay 50 bucks for the drat thing.

They have it online but it says backordered, so don't know how well that will work out.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55363786&cp=&parentPage=search

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think the entire state of Colorado is on backorder. I just called one that's about an hour and half away, and even that one is sold out. kinda blows. :negative:

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 10, 2014

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

CelticPredator posted:

I think the entire state of Colorado is on backorder. I just called one that's about an hour and half away, and even that one is sold out. kinda blows. :negative:

I was at TRU on Sunday and saw a big stack of them locked up in the Blu-ray/video game section and didn't even know what they were.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I picked up the figure and the blu-ray last friday. I was looking at the purple Video game figure and my wife came up to me and said "You know they have a way better looking black one at the movies section, right?" My TRU had put them out (apparently early) and the figure was scanning (at 24.99), but the movie was not scanning. I didn't realize they weren't supposed to be out yet, and apparently neither did the empoyees, so after waiting 45 minutes for them to figure poo poo out they finally just did an override for me. So I got the figure and movie for only 24.99. When I went they had about 7 Batmen, and I went back today and they were sold out.

But yeah, I stopped by my local comic shop to get the Queen Alien, and they had just the Batman figure for $55. Screw that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't even know they were out already. I didn't see any at Toy R Us when I went to work today, with not even a spot where they would had been at.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It didn't drop early at my local TRU. I kept checking. But it may have dropped Monday, but I couldn't make it that day or until later yesterday. I hope NECA makes more, or something.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 10, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Have you guys seen the LED clear boxes from Ikea?

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60241544/

I was at their store on Monday and they are loving awesome. 9" squared and stacked up would be awesome!

HT Robocop and Spider-Man 2 came in today. Took a quick peek at Robocop and he's goddamn amazing, I can't wait to get my "80's icons" lined up and on display!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Vintersorg posted:

I was at their store on Monday and they are loving awesome. 9" squared and stacked up would be awesome!

Alright. It's gotta happen. No sense fighting it.

I want a Cabin in the Woods diorama from every poster in this thread by January.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

boom boom boom posted:

Alright. It's gotta happen. No sense fighting it.

I want a Cabin in the Woods diorama from every poster in this thread by January.

We should each just contribute a picture of one cube and then stitch them all together. :aaa:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Vintersorg posted:

HT Robocop and Spider-Man 2 came in today. Took a quick peek at Robocop and he's goddamn amazing, I can't wait to get my "80's icons" lined up and on display!

This is amazing and awesome and look to be made for Expedit (or the new line that's exactly like Expedits) on the one hand.
On the other, holy poo poo is $35 per a bit pricy.

But I need a bunch of them so badly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ideally one of the cubes should be just stuffed full of figma schoolgirls.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These are perfect for Figmas now that you mention it. Esp. with all the extra base stuff you can addon. The LED's should really highlight the translucent accessories.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
They are perfect for my dildo collection, and my Marvel Legends, together at last.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

boom boom boom posted:

Ideally one of the cubes should be just stuffed full of figma Billy Herrington.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

They are perfect for my dildo collection, and my Marvel Legends, together at last.

Someone let the Lego thread know, finally something to pair with their cum stained jorts

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spider-Man and Robocop are Hot Toys best figures to date IMHO.

As per usual with HT, the detail is freaking amazing and the sturdiness of both these are impeccable. Robocop is heavy as he should be - not full diecast and I thought it would bother me but it doesn't at all. In certain light you can see the purple/blue hues from the film. It's a great touch! I do wish we were able to remove his helmet and showcase the Peter Weller head but I have no doubts that they ran into issues with that. However, it would have been nice for a swappable head. I am not sure if this one is easy to remove so you could get the battle damaged one they are coming out with later on here. One issue I had was with the hands, there is only two fists, the spike USB and two articulated ones. The articulated hands are nice.... except when holding the gun. It's very awkward and the fingers dont hold it securely, the plastic gun (there is a diecast one that goes into the thigh holster) sorta just floats there. You can get it looking good with some fiddling but it would have been nice to have a "gun hand".

Spider-Man is loving great too! Very flexible which is expected but the biggest thing is the hands!! Instead of replaceable hands you replace the top half only! There is about 5 different pairs you can mix and match, fists, ones to hold the webbing, splayed ones and the required \m/_ one. The lines on the suit are all raised up and there is actually a warning in the instructions to not rub it too much or it'll ruin it. The head cannot come off either but whatever, I wouldn't pose it with Garfields head. The base itself has this giant pole that allows you to bend it in any which way. Tons of things you can do with it. I'll need to try out some more poses but I want to be careful with breaking it in so I dont snap anything off. I had his left boot come off but it was easily reattachable.

I think I am nearing the end of HT collecting tho. I have the movie icons ive always wanted for the most part. The only thing left is a good 80s Stallone character. I know they did Rocky before but an updated one with their current artists would be nice. Perhaps Rambo as well, who knows. Either would be great tho! Not too interested in Marty McFly (both budgetary and while I like BttF, I dont adore it like the movie figures I have already).

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
TRUs and Targets near me (Austin, TX) are suddenly awash in Black Widows and AIM/Hydra henchmen, so it looks like refresh waves are heading out, for anyone still looking for those figures.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was at Toy R Us today checking my hours for next week and they had about five of the Batman with the Blu-Ray on the shelf out. Guess they were just put up today...I bought one for myself. :toot:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

I was at Toy R Us today checking my hours for next week and they had about five of the Batman with the Blu-Ray on the shelf out. Guess they were just put up today...I bought one for myself. :toot:

Where were they in the store specifically?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Where were they in the store specifically?

Collector's Section, which is where they have the TF2, Diablo, Bioshock, Predator, Alien, other more adult figures. In my store it the other side of the section with Transformer figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Collector's Section, which is where they have the TF2, Diablo, Bioshock, Predator, Alien, other more adult figures. In my store it the other side of the section with Transformer figures.

Awesome, thanks, gonna stop by there on my way home to see if they have him and I didn't want to wander around aimlessly and look like a huge loser. If I'm going to wander into a children's toy store in a nice pair of slacks and dress shirt I need to look like I know what I'm doing god dammit