Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

SW players getting dogpiled, wow. They're probably ok with that tho. :)

Awwuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Awwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I like the grey and gold/brass scheme, but that’s about all I like.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm continuing my painting adventure through the Legions because I'm an indecisive gently caress with a door-knocking evangelical.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Endman posted:

I'm continuing my painting adventure through the Legions because I'm an indecisive gently caress with a door-knocking evangelical.

:devil:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Endman posted:

That’s a great Word Angel!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
plz stop being so ruff on the space wolves :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It’s knot that bad.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sorry to interrupt the bad legion jokes but i had two questions:
are the rules for legion malcador squadrons in print anywhere?
how would a squadron of malcadors target enemies? superheavies in 7e can still fire at multiple targets, right?

space wolves are bad btw

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how would a squadron of malcadors target enemies? superheavies in 7e can still fire at multiple targets, right?

space wolves are bad btw

They're in the latest red book. In the Heavy Support slot, no less.

I believe they can all fire as they like, as long as they each fire at least one weapon at the same thing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Smashed together a few more crows this weekend. I adjusted the necks to look more proportionate. Really love the attitude of these models.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

space wolves are bad btw

BRT has it all right. Super heavies can shoot at multiple targets so each unit in a squadron can target whatever it wants

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Truly a loss...

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

i dont get it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
That's a pretty meta loss edit.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just ordered a glaive. :negative:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

I just ordered a glaive. :negative:

:unsmith: Six weeks...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can feel the ban hammer getting ready

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

There is no requirement for quality!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember what I agreed to do. Tyranids I guess. Barbed Hierodule is here, might as well do him.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

I don't even remember what I agreed to do. Tyranids I guess. Barbed Hierodule is here, might as well do him.
No Tyranids in 30k.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

I can feel the ban hammer getting ready

My body is ready.

My account is not.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

No Tyranids in 30k.

I got an exemption due to being a cool guy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Been testing out a theme for my 'corpse crows' cult and militia allies. These are two different recipes, but side by side they look almost identical. Looking for feedback on the scheme overall:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I prefer the lower one because the lighter coat lining and ankle bindings provides a bit more contrast without being distracting. They're both great but the top one has the same problem you've mentioned with some of your Iron Hands Warriors: they're really great and gritty but are almost too universally worn and the whole thing blends together. Helms are great and are bright enough to probably let you get away with even more contrast in other places :discourse:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thanks and that's a good point. I was planning on sticking them onto these yellow bases to match the rest of my army, but I could put them onto reddish ones to make the model pop more. Humm... definitely will highlight the foot bindings more. I could do the rolled sleeves white too maybe?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I like the bottom. Great concept for a cult. Xenos influenced? Tzeentchian?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks and that's a good point. I was planning on sticking them onto these yellow bases to match the rest of my army, but I could put them onto reddish ones to make the model pop more. Humm... definitely will highlight the foot bindings more. I could do the rolled sleeves white too maybe?

Coating lining and bindings of the bottom one, green sleeves of the top one imo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I went to the open day at Warhammer World yesterday. Spoke to FW for ages. It was a really good day out.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I went to the open day at Warhammer World yesterday. Spoke to FW for ages. It was a really good day out.

loving oval office.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Did you get them to reveal that we are going to see Sexy Snake Fulgrim before they finish releasing the missing units from the first three books? He is obviously after the next wave of Custodes.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah, the Heresy didn't really come up.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:retrogames::rip::retrogames:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Way to completely waste a visit.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Joe comes in here and pours dry salt over our sand castle

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

So...

Wolves?
Ultramarines?
Fists?
World Eaters?

I can't decide. I've got a big pile of models, but can't commit to a legion and haven't painted them as a result.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Cessna posted:

So...

Wolves?
Ultramarines?
Fists?
World Eaters?

I can't decide. I've got a big pile of models, but can't commit to a legion and haven't painted them as a result.

World Eaters are the best if you hate yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Cessna posted:

So...

Wolves?
Ultramarines?
Fists?
World Eaters?

Out of this bunch, I'd recommend Fists (unless the thought of painting yellow makes you want to jump off a bridge). They're a pretty balanced legion, with strong traits, and good builds for melee, ranged, or a mix of the two.