Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Here is another UMP endorsement video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159103949

UMP 2020

The UMP is great at close to mid range and the Uzi is insane at close range. SMG's are drat good, especially with an extended magazine. If there's a chance I'm still going to be going into buildings I prefer to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Now we just need to get a P90 up in here.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Just wanted to give another shout out to ChocoTaco's stream (https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco) which someone had previously posted about in this thread. I watched for a couple of hours last night and found it really helpful and informative.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Pfft, not Soviet enough.
I just want a revolver that doesn't take seven days to load.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

We don't need new guns. We need an animation for getting inside a car.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Neon Belly posted:

I'd be down for this but if you want a bullet hose maybe the PPSh-41 is a more fitting alternative.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
also the ability to get back in to a motorcycle after you park it next to a building. i swear i have done this 3 or 4 times, and each time i try to get back on to ride it the graphics start clipping like crazy and i can't really move in any direction

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Here is another UMP endorsement video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159103949

UMP 2020

Really great if you can't aim.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Pleads posted:

If you're (bad) like me and keep getting out-gunned or out-camped, I found it very refreshing to drop into Asia servers (or wherever you're unranked) to gently caress around with the fresh meat. People were just laying in open fields while I got some practice with the 4x since I'm poo poo with it.

Good for confidence, and also shooting practice!

Playing with lovely players is not a good way to improve your skills! It's better in the long run to get better the hard way, playing against players that are better than you.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

fletcher posted:

Playing with lovely players is not a good way to improve your skills! It's better in the long run to get better the hard way, playing against players that are better than you.

It definitely does not do anything for your tactics and you have to be mindful of developing bad habits, but it was a lower-stakes environment to get practice with guns and scopes and a fun change of pace from the tense camper whack-a-mole of NA servers :unsmith:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ice Fist posted:

Wait what? I guess I described it wrong. He was asking why it took so many hits to kill people and, numerically, it doesn't. I mean, a couple hits to the dome or four or five to the chest depending on the weapon doesn't seem like that much to me.

Yea I was just laughing because 4 shots vs 6 shots at any range is a big deal, especially with how easy it is to heal up behind any cover. This is why I generally don't go for the m4; I used to love it because its so easy to hit people but it just doesn't have the damage of the AK or the long range laser accuracy of the m16. Scar rarity led me to not care about it anymore. I don't drop my ak or m16 for it, the only full auto I'm every doing is with a smg but ymmv.

I just learned this after way too many games but drat is it important when people are actually able to hit headshots on you at range while running:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Look at this guy and his fake news. A level 3 with 1 hp will survive a headshot with a Kar and the next bullet in your head will kill you. A level 2 will not survive a KAR, and you'll be two shot in the head by any AR.

lvl 1/2 helmets are the same, take any damaged lvl3 helmet no matter what the damage

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea I was just laughing because 4 shots vs 6 shots at any range is a big deal, especially with how easy it is to heal up behind any cover. This is why I generally don't go for the m4; I used to love it because its so easy to hit people but it just doesn't have the damage of the AK or the long range laser accuracy of the m16. Scar rarity led me to not care about it anymore. I don't drop my ak or m16 for it, the only full auto I'm every doing is with a smg but ymmv.

I just learned this after way too many games but drat is it important when people are actually able to hit headshots on you at range while running:

lvl 1/2 helmets are the same, take any damaged lvl3 helmet no matter what the damage

Isn't it a 60% damage reduction for a level 3 helmet no matter how much health is left? So you will always survive the single bullet because it would only do 40% damage which with any health on the helmet left would allow you to survive.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Croccers posted:

Pfft, not Soviet enough.
I just want a revolver that doesn't take seven days to load.

It would help if the animation for the revolver didn't have you loading 9 bullets into it.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Got my first solo chicken dinner last night, and a fully modded suppressed Uzi was definitely the MVP. It just melted 3 players in Yasnaya. Having never really paid much attention to the Uzi, I was impressed.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hamelekim posted:

Isn't it a 60% damage reduction for a level 3 helmet no matter how much health is left? So you will always survive the single bullet because it would only do 40% damage which with any health on the helmet left would allow you to survive.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, I don't know the actual damage reductions. All I care about is that an AWM and m24 are the only two guns that can 1shot ko someone with a lvl 3 1 hp helmet, no other gun can. To me this is important because I'm not going to get one shot by a kar or an sks.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Does the difference in DPS really matter in a game about hiding in bathrooms and hoping nobody sees you? Higher levels of play notwithstanding, it doesn't seem to make much difference which gun you use besides it's range and accuracy, aside from strict weapon upgrades.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Does the difference in DPS really matter in a game about hiding in bathrooms and hoping nobody sees you? Higher levels of play notwithstanding, it doesn't seem to make much difference which gun you use besides it's range and accuracy, aside from strict weapon upgrades.

Maybe if you ever come out of the bathrooms you'll find out.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

you're right it doesn't matter what gun you have if you can't hit anything

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Once you start getting frustrated at losing fights to an akm after hitting someone 5 times with an m4 come back and update me. I also don't ever run into people hiding in bathrooms randomly, but I don't count chasing people to a house and them taking cover in it as "hiding in a bathroom". gently caress, I wish people hid in bathrooms more. Clearing houses with 3rd person when you know which room someone is in and they aren't covering the front door is one of the easiest parts of the game. I guess I just don't spend any amount of time in houses because that is both Really Boring to me and a Losing Strategy. Like idiots who try and take cover in wizard towers... you gon die my friend

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Neon Belly posted:

It would help if the animation for the revolver didn't have you loading 9 bullets into it.

if only we could load like idris elba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQv9PO8sXk

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, I don't know the actual damage reductions. All I care about is that an AWM and m24 are the only two guns that can 1shot ko someone with a lvl 3 1 hp helmet, no other gun can. To me this is important because I'm not going to get one shot by a kar or an sks.

fyi the M24 can't one-shot someone at full HP with a level 3 either, it's just the AWM (and crossbow/shotguns)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

LGD posted:

fyi the M24 can't one-shot someone at full HP with a level 3 either, it's just the AWM (and crossbow/shotguns)

! Thanks, good to know

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I'm still hilariously trash at this game, but here's my best result so far;

I didn't even see another player until it was down to about 12.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

willroc7 posted:

Maybe if you ever come out of the bathrooms you'll find out.

SHED KIDS AFRAID TO LEAVE HIS SHED

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Completely false, a person with a lvl 3 helmet gets a MASSIVE headshot advantage over anyone else. Pick up any lvl 3 helmet with 1hp over any lvl 2 helmet with full health.

Also lol "2 bullets...marginal advantage"

How does armor health work because I assumed it was just bonus health

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How does armor health work because I assumed it was just bonus health

Getting shot in the chest does 1x damage. Arms/leg is half that, and a headshot is 2.5x chest damage. Chest armor/helmets mitigate damage received against HP, at expense of their durability. However, a 1 durability piece of armor still will give the full block before it breaks, which is why a 1 durability of level 3 is better than a full level 2 if getting shot once.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 14, 2017

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I was in a field, running towards the zone, probably around to 30. Had a SKS with no optics, buggy started driving towards me. I thought about lining up and going for it, then just decided to hide for cover behind a nearby shed.

I forgot those half-blown up sheds are destroy-able and got flattened. What can you do but laugh.

There is definitely some weird invisible poo poo going on but I don't think it's cheating, I got popped by a guy who literally was not there on my screen until the death screen, I have a feeling it has to do with the way assets load. I only really run into weird stuff like that on the first game each time I boot it up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So what % does each level of armor absorb?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So what % does each level of armor absorb?

30/40/55 for each set. Helmet health is 80/150/220; armor health is 200/220/250.

Armor also gives you an additional 50 to capacity making L1 backpack and armor equivalent to L2 and no armor (or L2/armor equivalent to L3/no armor).

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Super late game where it's only a handful of people (less than 10) you basically always want to have a level 3 on even if it's nearly shreded. A headshot. Decent shots with a kar 98 or worst an AWM could end your game, so you basically want to tank the initial blast as much as possible.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTk5mZWL3gE

Anyone seen this before? I'm aware of my own terrible play

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parallel Playa posted:

Seen a person get shot to death in PUBG? Yeah, a few times.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hey guys, I got a new video up that may or may not be enjoyable. Warning: It's UMP heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccIBONvRNsw

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Seen a person get shot to death in PUBG? Yeah, a few times.

Astute observation, friend, but let me help you out: look towards the houses at 0:05 and 0:15. Also, that was some rapid firing of the SKS (although the guy he killed was using one too so that could've been it).

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 14, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parallel Playa posted:

Astute observation, friend, but let me help you out: look towards the houses at 0:05 and 0:15. Also, the that was some rapid firing of the SKS (although the guy he killed was using one too so that could've been it).

Oh I just watched it again not on my phone and it's a lot more obvious now :downs:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
turned this

into this

I looted 2 houses from start to finish

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
PALMS ARE SWEATY

MOM'S SPAGHETTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-XJR2Pcgg

Three minutes of hot tactical laying on your belly in a field action. MGS4 taught me well.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Parallel Playa posted:

https://pubg.me/player/nader11ndeu

You'd think with speed hacks like those he'd have better stats.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

PALMS ARE SWEATY

MOM'S SPAGHETTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-XJR2Pcgg

Three minutes of hot tactical laying on your belly in a field action. MGS4 taught me well.

Nice spot at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Parallel Playa posted:

It looks like he was exploiting some bug maybe, he tried jumping against that wall a few times & maybe that's what caused it to happen?

• Locked thread