Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shugojin posted:

I don't know if anyone can handle the Eclipse. Three out of three people who went in and survived are absolutely not okay.

Griffith, Casca, Guts, Skull Knight, all the apostles, the God Hands... That's a lot more than 3! Also none of them are okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Probably not, but again, the big significant factor of this is that they'll see what Caska saw during The Eclipse. Which means I really, really hope that Miura knows what he's doing here because her POV is possibly the most horrible of the three. Any failure to take it as seriously as it should would possibly gently caress up everything.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I hope we get a good showing from my long lost best friend Judeau

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Griffith, Casca, Guts, Skull Knight, all the apostles, the God Hands... That's a lot more than 3! Also none of them are okay.

True :v: I was only thinking of the ones who were human when they went into this particular one though.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Crabtree posted:

To be fair, at least the girls have had something of a prep course for The Eclipse in the Troll Arc, the Horse, The Pagan Cult from Conviction, probably some other terrible things I'm forgetting. It probably won't loving matter, because what they'll see, hear and possibly even feel in there IS GOING TO BE FROM CASKA'S PERSPECTIVE so - um - good luck with that.

That's uh, hm. Wow.

Hopefully it will be like this: :yikes:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
There won't be any physical feeling anyway. The last chapter had a POV of Guts giving her the 'ol salami and all Farnese had to do was cover up Scheirke's eyes while she waited for that memory to pass and return to the all-ages film we enjoy. I'm not sure HOW they're perceiving all this, but it really does strike me as walking through a gallery of TV screens and watching videos loop.

However, the upcoming scene in question will be interesting from a first-person. I mean, she was shell-shocked just short of a psychosomatic reaction like temporary blindness or paralysis. I'm not sure she was fully cognizant of her surroundings at that point as her mind had already started to shut down and block out all of the trauma that kept getting worse and worse by the moment.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Crabtree posted:

Which means I really, really hope that Miura knows what he's doing here..

Of course he does.

By which I mean they will get over their Eclipse trauma by drinking girl pee.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

So, I've been rereading the thread after reading the manga, and it's been really interesting but I didn't realise how long he went on break for at one stage. How long has he been back doing monthly releases and do we know how long it might continue?

Also lol at all the people complaining about the movie's animation given what we have now.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Cavelcade posted:

Also lol at all the people complaining about the movie's animation given what we have now.

I tried watching the very first anime episode and just couldn't... The gifs and clips posted here give me a laugh, but also a cry because I can never recommend it show to anyone. And getting someone to read 350+ chapters of a manga instead is...not likely.

drat it, though, I love Serpico and the Berserk armor clip up there, just... no. Maybe I'll get the Warriors game if it goes on sale this summer. Even though I've heard it's not great, it's got to be better than the anime.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

morcant posted:

I tried watching the very first anime episode and just couldn't... The gifs and clips posted here give me a laugh, but also a cry because I can never recommend it show to anyone. And getting someone to read 350+ chapters of a manga instead is...not likely.

drat it, though, I love Serpico and the Berserk armor clip up there, just... no. Maybe I'll get the Warriors game if it goes on sale this summer. Even though I've heard it's not great, it's got to be better than the anime.

I like busting out The Walk Animation one to people I know who like Berserk just because it's so awful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

So, I've been rereading the thread after reading the manga, and it's been really interesting but I didn't realise how long he went on break for at one stage. How long has he been back doing monthly releases and do we know how long it might continue?

he's been back for like 3 months, he's probably taking a break after next or the one after at a guess.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

morcant posted:

It definitely looks better than the anime. They use clips from the movies for the Golden Age stuff, which sucks because honestly their cutscenes look better than that too.

Also they really nailed the berserker armor, it's so fun to use.

But be aware that it's also just a musou game. So if you like those, it's good, but if you don't it's not gonna change your mind.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this weeks ep is a clip show but i think they might have 2d animated some (very few) parts of the old episodes so they're actually better than most of the show...

And they actually decided to put Ash Crow on the re-birth of Griffith this time. Like they should have to begin with.

this show is so loving strange.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cavelcade posted:

I like busting out The Walk Animation one to people I know who like Berserk just because it's so awful.

He normally does like 4-6 chapters monthly then takes a long break and so we end up getting about 6 or so a year

I know I quoted the wrong post but that's a pain to fix on my phone so gently caress it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they just got too far behind in schedule with the exhausting effort of realizing berserk in perfect animated form

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you. Where is this from?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

i saw it on reddit. i would assume that its just a one-off

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Missing the rest of the party sliding slowly to the right for no apparent reason.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
If it's only a bunch of dreams, why do they bother fighting off the aggressors? These things mean something or Casca wouldn't be psychologically broken.

Remember that Shierke was overwhelmed by a water spirit. She was shocked when she found the darkness that was Guts' true form. Farnese is still learning her witchcraft. There's also every reason to believe that the merging of the planes allows manifestation, even within dreams. If Silat could appear so easily just to visit Guts, what will be required to release Casca's mind when the Eclipse layer alerts all the apostles that there's a sacrifice on the planet to be chomped?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
There seems to be two aspects to the Gloomy Wastes (had to look that name up).

On c350p4 they're watching what might as well be a TV screen. It's probably a swirly magic cloud of memories or firing neurons, but effectively it's a flatscreen TV. While skimming back through the chapters, each fragment is a separate memory that they get to watch when they pick it up. It's a video game: Collect item; watch mandatory cutscene.

The monsters that are attacking them (well, mostly the dog) are symbols of whatever it is that's keeping her mind broken. It's not the deepest metaphor, but it's visually badass.

So far nothing has broken through the screen and attacked them. But maybe that's what other people in the thread are worried about. That when the poo poo gets real, the memory will leap through their fourth wall and brutalize everyone.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

They're definitely not just watching, Farnese has mentioned feeling Casca's emotions as they view her memories.

I doubt that the God Hand are gonna like jump out of the eclipse memories or whatever but it's gonna be rough.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah, they have no idea what they are walking into.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

threeagainstfour posted:

Yeah, they have no idea what they are walking into.

the fact that we do just makes everything so much worse

there is no mystery, just misery

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
why the .5 episode now? Isnt there only like 3 episodes left in the season? Or is this going to be more then 12 eps?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They couldn't make the CG bad enough in time and needed an extra week.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So what would be the theoretical climax be? Casca tricking Griffith into making himself vulnerable for an attack? Making him finally admit that he regrets the loss of the real band for a hollow dream that never ends?

guts ruins enough of griffith's plans that he gets desperate and sacrifices the city, or it was his plan all along and he sacrifices the city. he succeeds and guts somehow finds a way through and kills him, or guts stops him before it happens. griffith is killed when momentarily distracted at his dream finally coming true

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

Its from Street fighter.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
guts and caska team up with their moon boy son to forcefully reclaim his own body back from Griffith (through the power of love, of course). Griffith lives out the rest of his mortal life in the body he had before that fateful eclipse before dying alone and humiliated as an utter failure. and a bird poops on him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sindai posted:

They couldn't make the CG bad enough in time and needed an extra week.

heads roll when an intern presents a clip they made running at 60fps with textures

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shugojin posted:

I don't know if anyone can handle the Eclipse. Three out of three people who went in and survived are absolutely not okay.

Guts not informing them exactly what happened to Casca before they embark on the quest to restore her mind feels like a real dipshit maneuver.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
In this issue of Berserk, Guts is going to describe the abject horrors of the torture, rape massacre and cannibalization of everyone he ever liked by indescribably monstrous deformations of mankind, to a nine year old girl.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Law Cheetah posted:

guts and caska team up with their moon boy son to forcefully reclaim his own body back from Griffith (through the power of love, of course). Griffith lives out the rest of his mortal life in the body he had before that fateful eclipse before dying alone and humiliated as an utter failure. and a bird poops on him

And Zodd challenges him to a rematch because he only followed him because he was stronger after all. Then he goes to live with Guts and Caska and Moonson and becomes the weird uncle to the group, fully rounding off the family.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Law Cheetah posted:

Somehow old Capital City has to be restored after Falconia is destroyed, and tongueless broken beggar Griffith should be seated on a street corner in the narrows with a clear view of the castle in the sky, just like when he was a boy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

skasion posted:

In this issue of Berserk, Guts is going to describe the abject horrors of the torture, rape massacre and cannibalization of everyone he ever liked by indescribably monstrous deformations of mankind, to a nine year old girl.

If your choices are to spoil the movie or let them watch it blind...

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

As far as I;m concerned these really lovely funny parts are the only part of the new series worth seeing.

Surprisingly Dope fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 3, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

are any images of the apparently redone scenes from the latest episode up yet, because there's no way I'm watching a loving recap episode

general chaos
May 20, 2001
I don't see any redone scenes. It just looks like a clip show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lmao a loving recap? REALLY?