Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Wow, guess it had to happen sometime. I mean for me it's been dead since Simone came, I liked Mike for a while but then he turned into a hyperdouche. Anderson's been there the whooooooole time. Well actually I guess there was another guy at first when Rikki Rachtman was there right? Wow, now that's a name I didn't think I remembered....

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I thought all of us late 70's kids grew up with Riki on Headbangers Ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
1986 baby, right after Gen X, so I'm like the oldest a millennial can get.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks!

I think it's that when you're really into something, as I was in the 90's with Loveline, you just assume everyone else into it is in your same demographic. Unless you're that creepy middle aged guy blasting Taylor Swift.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Scudworth posted:

Drew announced several years ago that he considers entertainment/advice his career now and he's letting go of his various medical commitments.

That seems almost like selling out.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

1986 baby, right after Gen X, so I'm like the oldest a millennial can get.

I think millennials start around 1982

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

African AIDS cum posted:

I think millennials start around 1982

I actually thought it was 79, because I've always thought I just made the cutoff for generation X.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Apoplexy posted:

He considers it moving into a second career, like many people do at some point in life. And he's still helping people with their medical issues.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Better to just not practice instead of half assing it like I'm sure he was for years.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I can't say I've listen to any post-Adam Loveline, but it's still a bit of a shock.

But, did people still call in? I just assumed that in this day and age teenagers using a telephone to ask some old dudes at a radio station questions about sex was something that would never happen

Apoplexy posted:

I think in Pinskian logic he's doing it to "cut through the media's BS and to really help people in need"
Of course last time I saw him on HLN he was just another head talking about Lindsey Lohan but whatever

LFO
May 9, 2009
yeah, people still call in.

man, RIP. i'm gonna miss loveline a lot :(

in this interview, drew reveals he was not getting paid at all for the last few years of loveline. wow..

LFO fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 22, 2016

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
drat, definitely the end of an era. I still listen to the Carolla Era episodes on a daily basis. I've caught some of the recent episodes, and they seem a bit lacking. Entertaining here and there, but none of the chemistry from Drew & Adam. Even so, the show was still a great idea, and extremely helpful to young people.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Drew doing Loveline for free for the past few years is loving hilarious, considering all the poo poo Adam gave him for it during his tenure. Yes that's right, Drew has done Loveline for free twice in his life. Adam's not around to extract millions of dollars for a terrestrial radio contract anymore... oh and it's not the 90s.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
drat :(

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Wow, guess it had to happen sometime. I mean for me it's been dead since Simone came, I liked Mike for a while but then he turned into a hyperdouche. Anderson's been there the whooooooole time. Well actually I guess there was another guy at first when Rikki Rachtman was there right? Wow, now that's a name I didn't think I remembered....

Mike Dooley was there until '99 when Anderson took over.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I'm going to feel the same way the Simpsons ends. I'm sad its gone, but its been dead for years. I'm sure there is still lots of awesome moments in both, but I can't be help but think of the golden old times surrounded by such modern mediocrity.

How'd Mike become a douche? I listened pre and post Simone and though Mike was alright, it just wasn't the same. I felt Drew became kind of the douche.

We will never have anything like classic Loveline again. The internet changed everything. The insane lonely teen calling from some isolated Minnesota, reaching out to the only people they knew. That feeling of adventure, intimacy, empathy and shared lunacy will never be replicated.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
You should post that last paragraph somewhere to Adam and drew or something. Well said.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, given the whole easily understood backlash against Drew... him not taking a wage for Loveline is pretty commendable.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
He just wanted to save those babies.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Are they actually going to officially end the show or are they going to try to have it hobble along with some hack "love doctor"

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

rear end Catchcum posted:

You should post that last paragraph somewhere to Adam and drew or something. Well said.

awww thanks. Would they even care anymore? I don't know what 1999 Drew (the guy who said stated then his fear was that his role of celebrity and medical professional would one day become convoluted) would think of modern Drew. 1999 Adam would be ecstatic with the money primarily.

WDIIA posted:

Are they actually going to officially end the show or are they going to try to have it hobble along with some hack "love doctor"

I could tolerate say Dr. Bruce (Christian and from that third rate medical school Adam never heard of) and possibly, and I dunno Probst or DAG.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 22, 2016

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

CatchrNdRy posted:

We will never have anything like classic Loveline again. The internet changed everything. The insane lonely teen calling from some isolated Minnesota, reaching out to the only people they knew. That feeling of adventure, intimacy, empathy and shared lunacy will never be replicated.

Fantastic :tipshat:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

CatchrNdRy posted:

more children should suffer for my entertainment

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Riptor posted:

more children should suffer for my entertainment

If you have an Apple product, don't worry, they do.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

GreenNight posted:

If you have an Apple product, don't worry, they do.

#woah

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Tonight's ep is definitely gonna get hosted somewhere for different timezone fans, right? Like all the other Adam returns eps?
:ohdear:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Scudworth posted:

Tonight's ep is definitely gonna get hosted somewhere for different timezone fans, right? Like all the other Adam returns eps?
:ohdear:

Probably a safe bet, all things considered. I'm glad you posted in here because I totally would've forgotten it was today.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What time and what station in la?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

and i assume a live stream?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Should be 10pm on KROQ if my memory serves me right.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Does DAG even associate with carolla anymore? It'd be great it if he showed up even if it was just a phone call

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
He was in road hard so I'm guessing.

Stream is at http://player.radio.com/listen/station/kroq Sounds like a ton of people are there.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 29, 2016

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

We live chatting this thing?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

why the gently caress is this woman in studio??

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

MIKE SHUT HER MIC

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This origin story is fascinating. Adam did a whole episode of Loveline as Birchem and they just kinda threw it together for MTV when Ricky didn't want to do TV.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Also you're a scrub if you're listening to the stream. I busted out my radio and tuned it in to KROQ.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

Also you're a scrub if you're listening to the stream. I busted out my radio and tuned it in to KROQ.

The eliminated it in my city by like 2004 and it was on a day delay :mad:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
You can see a live stream here: https://www.facebook.com/worldfamouskroq/videos/vb.107938243423/10153605578658424/?type=2&theater

Though they just desynced it from the audio for some reason.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

WEH posted:

The eliminated it in my city by like 2004 and it was on a day delay :mad:

If i weren't so stoned I'd drive down to the studio and say hi after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

If i weren't so stoned I'd drive down to the studio and say hi after.

cmon man take em back to poo poo city

• Locked thread