Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
... Benjys girlfriend is pretty hot.

What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Benjy is looky pretty decent these days as well, seems to have finally lost that chubby cheek look.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I love how Benjy tries and how everyone tries to stop him. He's a good fit on the show, he bounces between annoying and funny, and funny because he is annoying for me. I love when they try to talk to him and he just does his horrible thing and it never works out, but it is usually entertaining in short bursts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

I love how Benjy tries and how everyone tries to stop him. He's a good fit on the show, he bounces between annoying and funny, and funny because he is annoying for me. I love when they try to talk to him and he just does his horrible thing and it never works out, but it is usually entertaining in short bursts.

I used to like Benjy, but then it turned into a thing where he would say something they didn't expect or didn't approve of, and they would just say "Benjy vortex" over and over again. Another good reason to stick Doug Goodstein in a trash can and send him up and down the elevator.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

prefect posted:

Another good reason to stick Doug Goodstein in a trash can and send him up and down the elevator.

One of my favorite things about the Stern show is just despising a random staffer or hanger-on despite the fact that they probably get three minutes of airtime per year. I hate Ross Zapin personally.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I despise Benjy. Everything about him is schtick and some due in part to cover up embarrassing physical attributes that he can't come to terms with like being fat, bald and short. He really so desperately wants to be that subversive guy like Andy Kaufman but he'll never achieve it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Spacemonkey57 posted:

One of my favorite things about the Stern show is just despising a random staffer or hanger-on despite the fact that they probably get three minutes of airtime per year. I hate Ross Zapin personally.

Ross Zapin is supremely loathable. He's vile.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Benjy is so concerned about what others think of him and he tries so hard to act like he doesn't care. Look at the monster lifts on his shoes, which he seemingly wears everywhere he goes.

Those lifts are hilarious. They're like a good three to four inches tall, and he makes no attempt to color them in or anything.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Those lifts are hilarious. They're like a good three to four inches tall, and he makes no attempt to color them in or anything.

I believe most are supposed to be black as they best blend in. 2-3 inches of sheer white would draw a lot of attention. For instance, if you look at his left foot(camera left) and don't focus directly in on the lift itself, the lift plays itself off as a shadow. In that shot it would almost look like he's leaning back on his heel, hence the shadow being created under the show when in reality they're hilarious lifts.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 26, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, I had no idea he did that. How do they not rag on his rear end constantly?

I'd rather be a small and sad short man than a goober in Herman Munster boots trying to gain a pathetic 2 inches that even a child would notice the true source of in person.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I remember as a kid I would sign up for all sorts of stupid catalogs, one of them was an entire catalog about shoes with lifts in them for me. The whole idea was hilarious to me, so I saved up and ordered a pair (I'm 6 foot and was never short) and it was like wearing special ed shoes, they are stupid and awkward and look dumb.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I believe most are supposed to be black as they best blend in. 2-3 inches of sheer white would draw a lot of attention. For instance, if you look at his left foot(camera left) and don't focus directly in on the lift itself, the lift plays itself off as a shadow. In that shot it would almost look like he's leaning back on his heel, hence the shadow being created under the show when in reality they're hilarious lifts.

He should just buy a pair of black boots and put lifts in those. He looks like he's the smuggest mentally retarded person out there.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Looks like Stuttering John is getting a divorce and according to the National Inquirer it is because of John bashing Howard a few years back.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Good for her. John treated her like a slave/maid, not a wife. The stories about how he used to sit on his rear end and pick up a cellphone to call her from inside the house to come bring him more beer is disgusting.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
that's the reason for a divorce?

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
I demand the Suzanne dial-a-date, let's kick that stutter into high gear!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
also she looks like Rocky Dennis. Or Sloth.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Beth Stern, Flying High https://twitter.com/#!/HowardStern/status/195669117557149697/photo/1

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Beth Stern, Flying High https://twitter.com/#!/HowardStern/status/195669117557149697/photo/1

Is there any person in the world with a more pointless existence. Holy poo poo.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Hahahaha Tony N' Tina's Wedding.

Look if anyone has never heard the week long ball busting Howard gave Fred over his wife kissing someone in that play then you must do it now.
Its classic Howard and you get pissed off Fred.

Its 5 Parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNQqJJcaQA

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Benjy is so concerned about what others think of him and he tries so hard to act like he doesn't care. Look at the monster lifts on his shoes, which he seemingly wears everywhere he goes.

Inspired me to do some :google: and this is funny http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Benjy_Bronk

quote:

Benjy 'Zax' Bronk (born March 16, 1926) claims to be a male heterosexual, a writer, and a comedian on something he calls The Howard Stern Show, but only if you give him twenty minutes to "sort of" answer the question, or five to remove his clothes.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hahahaha Tony N' Tina's Wedding.

Look if anyone has never heard the week long ball busting Howard gave Fred over his wife kissing someone in that play then you must do it now.
Its classic Howard and you get pissed off Fred.

Its 5 Parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNQqJJcaQA

I'm surprised Fred didn't kill him over that, he was loving insane trying to break everyone up back then.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ragle posted:

Inspired me to do some :google: and this is funny http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Benjy_Bronk

That might be seven minutes if he has to take off his stilts first.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Maybe it's just me, but Artie is annoying lately on NWA. Nick has no ability to keep him in check the way Howard did, so he purposely derails the show all the time now.

The show is still good overall but it fell off a bit. The interviews have always been painful, though.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Slaine posted:

Maybe it's just me, but Artie is annoying lately on NWA. Nick has no ability to keep him in check the way Howard did, so he purposely derails the show all the time now.

The show is still good overall but it fell off a bit. The interviews have always been painful, though.

Aside from the theory that he's once again dancing with sweet Lady H, I'm sure he gets bored doing a sports show and is resentful about the constant stream of stupid notes from DirecTV and tries to derail the show as much as possible.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

Aside from the theory that he's once again dancing with sweet Lady H, I'm sure he gets bored doing a sports show and is resentful about the constant stream of stupid notes from DirecTV and tries to derail the show as much as possible.

I am eager to see how much Artie derails the NFL draft.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

Slaine posted:

Given how terrible the interviews usually are, I like that Artie derails all the time, even when it is really awkward. The bitter defeat in Nick's voice when he tries to force the discussion to sports is my favorite part of the show. I just wish they were even more clear that the bosses are constantly ordering more sports less Artie.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Cadence posted:

Given how terrible the interviews usually are, I like that Artie derails all the time, even when it is really awkward. The bitter defeat in Nick's voice when he tries to force the discussion to sports is my favorite part of the show. I just wish they were even more clear that the bosses are constantly ordering more sports less Artie.

Completely agree with this. Half my enjoyment of N&A is Artie being awkward and weird and spiteful of the bosses orders.

I popped open Artie's twitter and died laughing

quote:

Here my trainer explains to me why people laugh when I tell them I have abs. http://pic.twitter.com/V1mljqWR

quote:

Here my trainer laughs while I pass a kidney stone. http://pic.twitter.com/RrxM4eOL

quote:

Here my trainer and I share an ice cold vodka after a good work out. http://pic.twitter.com/bgtGGPvx

quote:

Here my trainer uses a fellow gym member to explain to me that I am not good looking http://pic.twitter.com/QMt4e5Eo

quote:

Here my personal trainer explains that he's taking my car http://pic.twitter.com/RlalNCrQ

Artie's expression. In every pic.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Cadence posted:

Yeah, I'm fine with Artie hijacking and/or derailing things. Nick tries to treat it like legitimate sports talk, and Artie needs to be there to remind him that it's not. The woman who called up the other day to talk about hockey and Artie shut it down mere seconds later was hilarious.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I popped open Artie's twitter and died laughing

I knew Artie had put on a bunch of weight since the post-rehab pictures from last year, but drat.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Vakal posted:

I knew Artie had put on a bunch of weight since the post-rehab pictures from last year, but drat.

I think he said on air that he was 340 or 350. The rehab people encouraged him to get addicted to something that wasn't drugs.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

At some of his worst points on the show he was around 300 on the scales. You can really see the difference, that's a lot of extra weight even for a fat guy.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artie looks loving terrible. When he first joined the show he wasn't skinny, but he looked good and he has a very handsome face when he's not strung out or bloated.

Art's addictions make me sad :(

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I've listed to N&A for the past few days, and Artie definitely sounds like he's on something. And holy poo poo he's gotten huge.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Artie looks like a hobo who died at a buffet, sweet little baby gorilla, I love you :unsmith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I don't know if I feel sorry for Artie or the whores that have to gently caress him.

I still don't understand how he was 300lbs AND doing heroin. I thought that poo poo made you skinny.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He dips his cake in whipped cream.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Artie loves pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bonzo posted:

I don't know if I feel sorry for Artie or the whores that have to gently caress him.

I still don't understand how he was 300lbs AND doing heroin. I thought that poo poo made you skinny.

Opiates usually have appetite suppressing side effects not to mention potential nausea issues for beginner or light users but eventually all of that passes for heavy users and they go back to being their normal selves with regards to food. It's not that it makes you gain weight per se, it's just if you were already a fat gently caress who ate a lot it isn't going to stop you in the long run(see: Chris Farley, Jim Belushi).

There was probably a period where Artie lost some weight over the first 3-4 months or so but we never really got to see that and once he got seriously addicted he just basically slept and ate all day and that puts pounds on for anyone.