Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Parallel Playa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTk5mZWL3gE

Anyone seen this before? I'm aware of my own terrible play

drat yeah that's fishy as hell..

while I haven't seen that level of possible cheating, I did get killed by a guy who seemed to be toggling crouch a thousand times a second. no clue how considering the animation is pretty deliberate and slow. it could have been some whacky desync or something tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://pubg.me/player/nader11ndeu

You'd think with speed hacks like those he'd have better stats.

I saw, yeah. It does look like speed hacks though, doesn't it? I've never made hackusations in this game before and thought it might be desync, but the timing on the speed-ups seems way too convenient.

Tonetta posted:

It looks like he was exploiting some bug maybe, he tried jumping against that wall a few times & maybe that's what caused it to happen?

That's what I thought at first, but he does it perfectly twice in a row. I dunno, I'm not sure it's hacks but I thought it was worth posting.

E2: streaming some games again

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 15, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

willroc7 posted:

Nice spot at the end.

Haha thanks. I guess he was in a bush towards the edge of the field most of the time? He should have known where I was from me lighting the other dude up. I was certain he was going to crawl up behind me so I cranked my headphones listening for any movement noise over the sound of my heart pounding. :v:

e: that fucker on the hill took 6 rounds plus fall damage too

Vaniljcola
Jul 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl3og6xt2kw

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Enigma89 posted:

Super late game where it's only a handful of people (less than 10) you basically always want to have a level 3 on even if it's nearly shreded. A headshot. Decent shots with a kar 98 or worst an AWM could end your game, so you basically want to tank the initial blast as much as possible.

Especially because in the late game your cover is basically going to be trees and grass so the chance of getting domed is extremely high.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope they improve jumping over small obstacles and climbing hillsides. The pathing is horrendous and it takes me like 5 tries to jump over even the shortest fence.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Also, have they mentioned having a custom mode in the future? I think it would be fun to play longer matches sometimes.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Pair of Ugly and Bad Goons: https://www.twitch.tv/thepeavstenator

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Popete posted:

I hope they improve jumping over small obstacles and climbing hillsides. The pathing is horrendous and it takes me like 5 tries to jump over even the shortest fence.

Vaulting coming soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fezKaCu9_JY

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Popete posted:

apparently there's gonna be a mantling system eventually

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Popete posted:

it takes me like 5 tries to jump over even the shortest fence.

It's not that hard, you run and then jump.

I don't want a mantling system because I dont want to go into a mantling animation as I'm getting shot at which was a huge issue in APB.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

groza looks so weird

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Popete posted:

Also, have they mentioned having a custom mode in the future? I think it would be fun to play longer matches sometimes.

There already is an option for custom game modes (look for the CUSTOM GAME button below region selection). Currently only prominent streamers have access to create custom games though, I'm sure they'll open it up eventually to everyone.

Last night Grimmmz did a first person only custom game. I tried to join when he opened it up to non-subs but it filled up too quick :( Then somebody leaked the password so he didn't do anymore of them

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Popete posted:

This happened to me earlier. Got stuck in the falling animation while trying to jump through the broken part of the waist high wall. When I 'landed' it stuck me in the prone position with no way to get up so I had to shoot my gun till the guy I was following found and shot me.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i can't wait for floor is lava mode

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Shotguns are hot bullshit now https://streamable.com/lorz1

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This game owns

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Good soup! posted:

This game owns

yup. best online shooter in probably over a decade

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Neon Belly posted:

It would help if the animation for the revolver didn't have you loading 9 bullets into it.

lol, the pump shotgun also has you load six shells into the five round chamber.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Shotguns are hot bullshit now https://streamable.com/lorz1

The server probably had them punching you in the head as you rounded the corner therefore never getting a shot off.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I just did the entire pump animation for a shot that didn't happen. Shotguns are unusable if your squad likes to play on foreign servers

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My Logitech G930s are dying. I love these things but what is one level up from that headset?

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Chard posted:

My Logitech G930s are dying. I love these things but what is one level up from that headset?

G933 They fix a lot of the problems the G930's had.

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
Does anyone have a simple breakdown of the final screen when you die. I really want to know if I was close to killing the guy at the end of the round. As of right now, there is no simple way of knowing how much damage I did to my opponents. If there was anything that this game should have is something akin to CS damage given and damage dealt feed when you hit the console button. That really helped me understand how bad I am at games.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SnakesandScorpions posted:

Does anyone have a simple breakdown of the final screen when you die. I really want to know if I was close to killing the guy at the end of the round. As of right now, there is no simple way of knowing how much damage I did to my opponents. If there was anything that this game should have is something akin to CS damage given and damage dealt feed when you hit the console button. That really helped me understand how bad I am at games.

If you only hit one person in a round, the most points you can get for Hit Points is 20. So, 19 is the highest you could go without killing/downing them. If I am remembering this correctly.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hockles posted:

If you only hit one person in a round, the most points you can get for Hit Points is 20. So, 19 is the highest you could go without killing/downing them. If I am remembering this correctly.

I'm pretty sure that's for Solo only and then the numbers are arbitrarily different for other modes. For example one kill in solo is 20 points, but only 15 in duo and 10 in squad. The problem with getting a good read on it, is you can also do damage to downed opponents. If I wasn't so lazy, I could probably leave the Live Tracker on on PUBGTracker and figure it out on a per match basis, but that's too much clicks for something that doesn't result in kills.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I definitely did exactly 15 points of damage to 1 person in a duo and he was still alive and killed me, so that may not be entirely correct.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu5eSWic3_w&t=3s

Soundless recording but a fun ending to my least mobile round yet.
We drove out, picked a house at random and held it by the skin of our teeth.
Worked out okay!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I picked up the game tonight and got into a bunch of matches including some Squad matches with two other goon buddies. One of them had been on the fence about getting the game but after just one round all of his prior reservations went out the window.

Best part of the night was when we started way outside the circle and had to run for most of the map, desperately hoping for a vehicle but never getting one. Finally we ran up and stole one out from under the noses of some other players, gunned it toward the center of the circle with the intention of holing up in a building, then crashing the car into said building in a fiery explosion which killed all of us.

We are bad; game is good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't know what it is about the mil base apartments but the sound of footsteps never seem to match up with where the person actually is. So often it'll sound like someone is below me and then, surprise, I take take six rounds to the back of the head from the complete opposite direction.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Hockles posted:

I definitely did exactly 15 points of damage to 1 person in a duo and he was still alive and killed me, so that may not be entirely correct.

he could have been boosted up, also 15 might be just short of 100 or something stupid, but the number otherwise is more or less correct

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
For whatever reason when I tried to play today it was so laggy as to be unplayable. Dunno why but hopefully I can sort it out because this game is fun as hell.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I guess this is pretty obvious but if you're having a cover-shootout with somebody you could easily hit each other for well above max damage due to the use of healing items.

A couple of days ago I had a match where I did 100 damage and only killed two guys. I am a scrub.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm pretty sure that's for Solo only and then the numbers are arbitrarily different for other modes. For example one kill in solo is 20 points, but only 15 in duo and 10 in squad. The problem with getting a good read on it, is you can also do damage to downed opponents. If I wasn't so lazy, I could probably leave the Live Tracker on on PUBGTracker and figure it out on a per match basis, but that's too much clicks for something that doesn't result in kills.

? You're saying a 100-0 kill isn't 20 damage in duos or squad?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In a Squad game tonight, I had 5 kills, 50 kill points and 96 hit points, which is 646 damage according to one of the stats websites. That means its 15 hit points per 100 damage, but I'm only getting 10 kill points per kill. In Solo, it's all 20 and 20, I think.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tonetta posted:

he could have been boosted up, also 15 might be just short of 100 or something stupid, but the number otherwise is more or less correct

If 15 is the death number, it would have to have been funky with the percentage because I charged into the room at the beginning of a map and hit him in the face/chest with an Uzi.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/bumpk

Gotta love when full auto becomes safety's on for a half second.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 15, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/bumpk

Gotta love when full auto becomes safety's on for a half second.

This has only ever happened to me once and I fill auto all the time with my UMP, as evidenced in my videos. Therefore I'm going to go with my default answer and say get a better computer you scrub.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

PALMS ARE SWEATY

MOM'S SPAGHETTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-XJR2Pcgg

Three minutes of hot tactical laying on your belly in a field action. MGS4 taught me well.

Congrats. It always freaks me out when the circle gets that small and you don't see them. It's like, "Where the hell could they possibly be? Are they outside the circle eating damage? Am I laying on them? Am I pregnant with them? How is this even possible?" It was making me nervous even knowing you were going to win. This game...

• Locked thread