Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The vocal animation in witcher 3 are impressive without it even being pre-rendered or a cut scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

graybook posted:

I think it was insinuated she brought some space STD on the ship?

Mordin said there was a varren STD going around, which meant someone had sex with a varren. Fans just kind of decided it was Kelly, maybe due to her enthusiastic "noooo cerberus isn't racist, we love aliens" line.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Len posted:

The girl who feeds your fish? There wasn't anything broken with her was there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIr3MPhpis

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

TontoCorazon posted:

The vocal animation in witcher 3 are impressive without it even being pre-rendered or a cut scene.

It's also cool you can skip dialog per line and the voice overs keep up. Most games it just skips all of it or its not voice acted.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kruller posted:

The line delivery on his sigh when he realizes the bullshit he's about to have to do is amazing. The animation for it coupled with the voice acting really sells that Geralt just does not give a gently caress about this guy's problem, but needs his info.

I'm posting the cutscene because it really needs to be seen to be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSfbyEbfxs&t=318s

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love in Witcher 3 there's actual exchange rates for different country's money.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Bear! Run, you stupid piece of poo poo!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

I love Geralt's sarcasm so much.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

The girl who feeds your fish? There wasn't anything broken with her was there?

She's a racist.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

She's a racist.

I live in nowhere ohio, you get used to banging racists.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Elfgames posted:

I live in nowhere ohio, you get used to banging racists.

What up nowhere Ohio buddy? And I agree with this. My ex wouldn't buy her daughter anything with "the black princess on it" when she was shopping for toys or clothes.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Finally they're appealing to my fetish.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I'm finally playing through Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and oh my god, this game is full of so many tiny things that make it great. But my favorite is probably after you kill someone with your revolver(s), at the end of the fight, he'll blow on them to cool them off. It's just so neat.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Galick posted:

I'm finally playing through Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and oh my god, this game is full of so many tiny things that make it great. But my favorite is probably after you kill someone with your revolver(s), at the end of the fight, he'll blow on them to cool them off. It's just so neat.

Wait till you see it with dual sawed offs

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot posted:

She's a racist.

You're thinking of Ashley.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alteisen posted:

You're thinking of Ashley.

Ashley's right. Her stance is that when push comes to shove, aliens will look after their own interests rather than jumping to humanity's defense even against a common enemy. Guess what 90% of Mass Effect 3 consists of.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's such a shame that she won't make it to the third game to see her beliefs vindicated because Kaiban has more content

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cythereal posted:

Ashley's right. Her stance is that when push comes to shove, aliens will look after their own interests rather than jumping to humanity's defense even against a common enemy. Guess what 90% of Mass Effect 3 consists of.

To be fair, they are all getting their own poo poo pushed in by Reapers.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, they are all getting their own poo poo pushed in by Reapers.
And then when you help them out, they spare some extra points for you to take Earth back so like, Ashley is still a wrong racist that hates my cool space-buds.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In Fallout: New Vegas any items left in a Mojave Express dropbox can be accessed from any other Mojave Express dropbox, like the item boxes from Resident Evil.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Guy Mann posted:

In Fallout: New Vegas any items left in a Mojave Express dropbox can be accessed from any other Mojave Express dropbox, like the item boxes from Resident Evil.

Before I played New Vegas I asked what a good spot was to store my loot really early on. Somebody mentioned those to me and explained how they worked. It prompted like three replies from other people who put many hours into the game and had no idea about their functionality.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mierenneuker posted:

Before I played New Vegas I asked what a good spot was to store my loot really early on. Somebody mentioned those to me and explained how they worked. It prompted like three replies from other people who put many hours into the game and had no idea about their functionality.

Well they never tell you at all in-game that they have that function, which is why despite playing through the game like a zillion times I only just learned about it.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Guy Mann posted:

Well they never tell you at all in-game that they have that function, which is why despite playing through the game like a zillion times I only just learned about it.

I believe it tells you when you activate it the first time, but by then you may be understandably sick of tutorial popups. This is assuming you activate it at all, which is also not guaranteed because most players would just see [EMPTY] underneath it and keep going.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

New Vegas is a stellar game but going back after 4 and all the great settlement building, it's really painful to hop back to Novac all the time.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm replaying L.A. Noire, and in this playthrough I've been taking advantage of your ability to press X while driving in order to get directions from your partner. It's more convenient than glancing down at the radar and it's especially useful in instances where you're near a confusing highway loop and the radar isn't clear about exactly which way to take to get to your destination. Anyways I'm at the Vice desk and I decided to ask Roy Earle for directions. He told me to turn left, but that seemed really wrong in comparison with my radar...so I asked again, and he said left again. Confused, I paused the game and checked the map. Left was a dead end and made absolutely no sense. Why was he telling me to go left? So I unpaused the game and asked him for directions with X one more time, and he replies in an exasperated tone "I don't know which way to go!"

Oh, that explains it. I have to admit it was pretty funny.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Dragon's Dogma

I picked this up when it came to Steam recently. After playing games for a few decades, I don't feel like I got a lot of really 'memorable' moments, but I got one from this game.

When I was first playing the game, I went exploring one day, and found myself at-night in a completely unexplored area with no camps or towns. I just resolved to keep pressing forward into the pitch black. In the middle of a forest, all of a sudden, I heard this sound like huge, flapping wings; and I just don't remember the last game that made me feel so powerless. I couldn't see more than 10 feet in any direction. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck, and I just groped my way away from that sound.

Later found out there was a drake there, but the way I found it, and the whole experience was such a great one for me. I played that game til I was sick of it, but just a few months later, I'm about ready to pick it up again.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I really love how alt-tab friendly Stellaris is. It's great to just hop in and out when nothing big is going on and not have to worry about the game exploding on me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Lavender posted:

Dragon's Dogma

I picked this up when it came to Steam recently. After playing games for a few decades, I don't feel like I got a lot of really 'memorable' moments, but I got one from this game.

When I was first playing the game, I went exploring one day, and found myself at-night in a completely unexplored area with no camps or towns. I just resolved to keep pressing forward into the pitch black. In the middle of a forest, all of a sudden, I heard this sound like huge, flapping wings; and I just don't remember the last game that made me feel so powerless. I couldn't see more than 10 feet in any direction. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck, and I just groped my way away from that sound.

Later found out there was a drake there, but the way I found it, and the whole experience was such a great one for me. I played that game til I was sick of it, but just a few months later, I'm about ready to pick it up again.

The game's atmosphere on your first playthrough is great and your first drake encounter is pretty amazing if you're under levelled. What I love about it though is that it's Berserk. The dev team really did their best to nail the atmosphere of that series as best they could without just straight up being a Berserk game and the NPCs and story are full of references to it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nuebot posted:

The game's atmosphere on your first playthrough is great and your first drake encounter is pretty amazing if you're under levelled. What I love about it though is that it's Berserk. The dev team really did their best to nail the atmosphere of that series as best they could without just straight up being a Berserk game and the NPCs and story are full of references to it.

Dark Souls was inspired by it too, but it was a little more on-the-nose about it.

Artortias in the DLC straight-up has the one-handed-sword broken-arm fighting style.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

In the console version you could get Guts' and Griffith's armour sets.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Nuebot posted:

I never realized there was so much rape in Dragon's Dogma.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With Witcher 3 I liked the way they handled the Baron's Family and the rebirth of Dea. It was definitely helped by the Baron's voice acting during the funeral at his Threshold where the Baron renounces his actions and apologises to his unborn daughter for all the crimes he commited in a night of rage and grief.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Also Witcher 3, in the newest DLC there is a cemetery with readable grave stones:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

BioEnchanted posted:

With Witcher 3 I liked the way they handled the Baron's Family and the rebirth of Dea. It was definitely helped by the Baron's voice acting during the funeral at his Threshold where the Baron renounces his actions and apologises to his unborn daughter for all the crimes he commited in a night of rage and grief.

That whole part of the quest is the most emotionally charged and haunting things I've ever seen in a video game. Good stuff.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cleretic posted:

Dark Souls was inspired by it too, but it was a little more on-the-nose about it.

Artortias in the DLC straight-up has the one-handed-sword broken-arm fighting style.

There are a ton of things in Dark Souls too, yeah. There are a few armor sets across from the games that look a lot like a few from Berserk without being direct inserts even.

The Lone Badger posted:

In the console version you could get Guts' and Griffith's armour sets.

Yeah, I think people are still trying to mod it back in. Also there's a character who looks a lot like Caska and the quest line with the princess loosely mirror's Griffith's storyline before the sacrifice.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just done the play to attract Dudu in Witcher 3. My brother hated the godlings, but I don't mind them. I find them kinda cute in a weird way. They're the only characters who aren't just enormous assholes for no reason, they just lack boundaries, and they're just so happy to see Geralt when he gets them talking :3:. Everyone else has an agenda or a drama, but the Godlings are always in pretty good spirits, and even when something happened like with Johnny's voice, they are pretty proactive about it when they have backup.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

BioEnchanted posted:

Just done the play to attract Dudu in Witcher 3. My brother hated the godlings, but I don't mind them. I find them kinda cute in a weird way. They're the only characters who aren't just enormous assholes for no reason, they just lack boundaries, and they're just so happy to see Geralt when he gets them talking :3:. Everyone else has an agenda or a drama, but the Godlings are always in pretty good spirits, and even when something happened like with Johnny's voice, they are pretty proactive about it when they have backup.

Little sad things in games - once you complete the whole quest, Johnny's codex entry updates to say the Witches killed him after they found out he helped you.

Man, that whole long questline is something game developers need to learn from.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

bewilderment posted:

Little sad things in games - once you complete the whole quest, Johnny's codex entry updates to say the Witches killed him after they found out he helped you.

Man, that whole long questline is something game developers need to learn from.

They don't kill him but if you go back and talk to him you find he had to leave his home and look for another one deeper in the swamp because the witches drove him out. I think this only happens if you let the spirit in the whispering hillock go free, because it takes the orphans away which makes the witches mad, which is why they punish gran and johnny

Unless there's something more that can happen after that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

By the way, question about Witcher Lore. Are the Witcher's mistaken about the mutations taking away their emotions, because it seems like it more just suppresses them. Geralt definitely feels quite a bit, not just towards Yennifer and Triss but when he finds Whoreson Junior he definitely is being emotional in his decisions to beat him to a pulp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

By the way, question about Witcher Lore. Are the Witcher's mistaken about the mutations taking away their emotions, because it seems like it more just suppresses them. Geralt definitely feels quite a bit, not just towards Yennifer and Triss but when he finds Whoreson Junior he definitely is being emotional in his decisions to beat him to a pulp.

They're not robots, I guess you can say it suppresses them down. It kinda reminds me of Dr Manhattan.