Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Blockhouse posted:

uhhhh

lup is the dead red robe my dude

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I was replying to somebody implying Lupe lost her body due to becoming a lich and existed only in an umbrella, but she clearly had her body in every world including the current arc world. And this world allows bodies to be regrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I am Lup. I am also Scotty.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
Very much enjoyed the visit of our favourite banana boy in this video:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-16-eurogamers-best-of-e3-2017

Stumiester fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 17, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fatherboxx posted:

Things I look forward each E3 now instead of videogames: john vignocchi getting shitfaced and good boys in the pool

basically the last two E3s have both had the same highlights. Johnny V being Johnny V, good good pool boys, and the Polygon team on GB's show at the tail end when everyone's nice and silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAOBqx5gAk

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeXb3mbs_k

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Stumiester posted:

Very much enjoyed the visit of our favourite banana boy in this video:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-16-eurogamers-best-of-e3-2017

"It's my legacy, it's my living legacy"

-Griffin "Banana Boat" McElroy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Here lies Griffin McElroy

He ate a banana wrong

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
hey what was the deal with Simone suddenly saying russ in a real low voice while talkin bout bein Reggie's therapist? Did he walk by? it was weird, almost like a tic

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Polygon staff uses the word Russ as a swear, because he's like God spilled a person.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
In the chat for PUBG it's such a common occurrence that the letter R has become a common exclamation amongst the spectators.

Finally caught up on that the other day. I love Russ's child-like "accidental" setting off of flashbangs, "ear contact", friendly fire, and (when not venturing wildly off) clinging to Griffin so closely as to be a tactical liability. Lots of laughs particularly in these latest 2 eps.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh please, they live in a world of magic and dragons and poo poo there's definitely got to be a way to get a ghost out of an umbrella so she can kiss another ghost.

Don't be such a pessimist.

I mean, they have a way to clone bodies based on genetic material. And they have her identical twin. It shouldn't be too hard to get Lup a new body.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
McElroy adjacent, but Polygon have really been killing it with their E3 coverage this year.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like how this thread is slowly evolving into the McElroy Bro's empire and Polygon thread, like the Earwolf thread is slowly evolving into the Earwolf and UCB Adjacent comedy thread.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Justin was one of the 16 founders of polygon and came from the same place as Chris Grant, so the brothers have had a healthy influence on the site as a whole.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Jeez, the creamers thing from Pool Boys might be my favorite thing this week.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Kenny Logins posted:

Jeez, the creamers thing from Pool Boys might be my favorite thing this week.

"Maybe we were the real Creamers all along..."

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Snooze Cruise posted:

I like how this thread is slowly evolving into the McElroy Bro's empire and Polygon thread, like the Earwolf thread is slowly evolving into the Earwolf and UCB Adjacent comedy thread.

It's also the defacto max fun thread

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I want to be a subject of the McElroy Boy Empire. I want to be annexed, forcefully yet gently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If there were no people how did Taako go to Bard College?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Who What Now posted:

If there were no people how did Taako go to Bard College?

He found some Fantasy Khan Academy videos.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I was replying to somebody implying Lupe lost her body due to becoming a lich and existed only in an umbrella, but she clearly had her body in every world including the current arc world. And this world allows bodies to be regrown.
We have no reason to believe this world can grow new bodies without a sample, do we? I thought Barry had regrown himself from corpse bits. Merle (was it Clint? Headache) only came back because blood.

I'm pretty sure this is the last world one way or another; no more resets. IIRC the sequence was 1. Lup dies alone (woes). 2. Boys show up and notice skeleton, red robe, and staff. 3. Without Taako's wanting it, umbrella consumes staff. 4. Umbrella gives cryptic advice from time to time.

e:

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Justin was one of the 16 founders of polygon ...
Holy poo poo! Is that why it's called polygon?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

We have no reason to believe this world can grow new bodies without a sample, do we? I thought Barry had regrown himself from corpse bits. Merle (was it Clint? Headache) only came back because blood.

There is no longer a sample of her body, but here is a sample of her identical twin. She and Taako are genetically identical. A second Taako body could be a suitable replacement for her own.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

2. Boys show up and notice skeleton, red robe, and staff. 3. Without Taako's wanting it, umbrella consumes staff.

I think it's actually Boys arrive, find a red robed skeleton with an umbrella, Merle tries to grab it and gets flung across the room. Taako sees that and wants in, picks up the umbrella and it accepts him as its owner.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ariong posted:

There is no longer a sample of her body, but here is a sample of her identical twin. She and Taako are genetically identical. A second Taako body could be a suitable replacement for her own.

Oh, excellent point. She'd have to transition again, but presumably Elf Magic is on top of that.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Jade Mage posted:

I think it's actually Boys arrive, find a red robed skeleton with an umbrella, Merle tries to grab it and gets flung across the room. Taako sees that and wants in, picks up the umbrella and it accepts him as its owner.

(headdesk) Quite right. Didn't the Umbrastaff eat another magic item once?
e: Apologies for double post.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
More than once, I think the count is as 3.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

(headdesk) Quite right. Didn't the Umbrastaff eat another magic item once?
e: Apologies for double post.

It ate Jenkin's wand, I think.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 18, 2017

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, excellent point. She'd have to transition again, but presumably Elf Magic is on top of that.

I like to think that that's why Taako got into transmutation magic in the first place. :3:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Holy poo poo! Is that why it's called polygon?

Watch and enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=potlb5d2y8w

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Griffin is a little baby!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

holy gently caress Gamernista is so good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/arbys/status/876831943953797120

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Arby's working hard to remove Travis's blue checkmark

edit: I forgot Arby's Witch was monster factory and not mbmbam

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2017

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
gently caress you Arby's, now I'm rewatching the Dark Souls Monster Factory while I'm supposed to be working. Thanks a lot

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/876835356741685249

Arby's social media team is not fooling around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember it. Which Monster Factory was it in?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWwhzYa1K4

Clint no!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PostNouveau posted:

The Dark Souls: Pizza Edition special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

PostNouveau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

e: Beaten. Not removing the link though, you should watch this episode at least twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Clint yes! :pervert: