Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you laugh now but in 20 years the world will recognize goth skunk for the intellectual powerhouse he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Where's his skull

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
philosophizing whilst yiffing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

drinking alone in the study, the mark of a true intellechtshooel

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

he's drinking mt. dew code red in that picture

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

I still remember where I was when the CIA, FBI, and seal team 6 had their joint press conference concluding that gamergate wasn't sexist, racist, homophobic or bad. I was checking out at Ralph's and silently pumped my fist into the air. I showed the cashier the stream on my phone and she pulled up a wicked grin and nodded sternly. Finally we were cleared and could arrest Anita sarkeesian.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol that would suck to be born in 1988 so all your old handles would have the hitler number

I have a great accidental photo of a buddy running in race waving to us where he just so happened to get the number 1488. So it's a blonde blue eyed dude who is smiling and seemingly in mid-heil with the Hitler number plastered on his chest. Perfect blackmail material if he ever runs for office. Or maybe a campaign poster if the world keeps going down the toilet.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Jul 21, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So wait is skunk against lauren southern or for her

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
for her,
he tagged the sweet maiden in the reply so she could see he was defending her honor against the bad man

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

It takes a skunk to fully appreciate a woman sprayed with animal fluids.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i stand with goth skunk

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BONGHITZ posted:

i stand with goth skunk

well have fun in the cesspool kiddo, not my preferred ground but bless your heart

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/unsavoryagents/status/885562376040308736

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

"i poo poo into my own mouth, people are constantly telling me not to poo poo in my own mouth but they cant stop me, the poo poo-in-own-mouth man, father of the own-mouth-making GBS threads movement"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

IS THIS EDGY ENOUGH FOR YOU?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

He's trying so hard, bless him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Tim Gionet radicalizing further into white nationalism. Now yelling at passing teenagers while wandering the streets alone.

https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/887746807945506816

This guy's life must be hell.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
He understands teenage boys, and knows that the best way to get them to stop saying something is to act scandalized by it.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

I think he's losing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocygQSBP8w&t=5361s

Creepy observation: His eyes and the general (affected) way he acts reminds me of ISIS fighters. Like cult members. He's all over the place but there's an intense focus after radicalizing into a cause. Military-style jacket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LCpzIslZMs

He doesn't explicitly endorse terroristic violence but is hinting at it more and more. Stuff must be done now, etc. No more waiting. But responding to commenters about beating a kid on the street up, he says no, I'm not going to do that. Or joining the Klan, he's not, "but maybe you should join the Klan."

I mean uh, I've got a few thoughts on why there are clear similarities between this rear end in a top hat and ISIS/cult members as well as why he seems to be using coded language to signal to his base that they should become violent....

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prester Jane posted:

I mean uh, I've got a few thoughts on why there are clear similarities between this rear end in a top hat and ISIS/cult members as well as why he seems to be using coded language to signal to his base that they should become violent....
That's why I subscribed to your Patreon.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

drinking alone in the study, the mark of a true intellechtshooel

But enough about CSPAM posters

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ancestery dot com PROVED my purity

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

That's why I subscribed to your Patreon.

By the way sorry I haven't put much material out the past few weeks, been dealing with some anxiety. (My anxiety is like an winter storm in Alaska. unpredictable and there is little that can be done except to wait it out.) Hopefully my head clears up soon because there is a wealth of good stuff to write about at the moment, especially with this Lost Boys stuff.

Actually speaking of the Lost Boys/Alt-Right I have been thinking of doing a small series of podcasts detailing my experiences with an obscure wave of Narrative convergence that swept across the midwest in the early aughts because Jesus Christ are there some similarities between what I experienced and what is happening right now. There are just so many similarities that I don't know where to begin describing them all (from the obsession with melee combat to the weird initiation rituals) and the only way I can really imagine trying to do so is verbally rather than in written form.

What really put me over the edge was finding out that a bunch of the alt-right enjoys VNV Nation. For those who don't know VNV Nation is a spectacularly mediocre electropop band with a lead singer who cannot carry a tune in a bucket (and has a terrible singing voice even if he could). However the lyrics of VNV Nation songs appeal directly to the sensibilities of Narrativists and as a result Ronin (the lead singer for VNV Nation) was widely considered to be an angelkin who had come to Earth to write music meant to help us cope with the cruelty of saving humanity from itself. Back in the early aughts VNV Nation concerts in the midwest were practically Otherkin conventions- as in I was literally not the only Otherkin who went to a VNV Nation concert specifically to meet (and potentially recruit to my quasi-cult) other people who believed themselves to be Otherkin. More than once I wound up at a Denny's after a VNV Nation concert with a group of disparate social outcasts who were all trying to find recruits for our personal Inner narrative's/cults.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Jul 22, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

There are a couple different ways I agree with him.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prester Jane posted:

By the way sorry I haven't put much material out the past few weeks, been dealing with some anxiety. (My anxiety is like an winter storm in Alaska. unpredictable and there is little that can be done except to wait it out.) Hopefully my head clears up soon because there is a wealth of good stuff to write about at the moment, especially with this Lost Boys stuff.

Actually speaking of the Lost Boys/Alt-Right I have been thinking of doing a small series of podcasts detailing my experiences with an obscure wave of Narrative convergence that swept across the midwest in the early aughts because Jesus Christ are there some similarities between what I experienced and what is happening right now. There are just so many similarities that I don't know where to begin describing them all (from the obsession with melee combat to the weird initiation rituals) and the only way I can really imagine trying to do so is verbally rather than in written form.

What really put me over the edge was finding out that a bunch of the alt-right enjoys VNV Nation. For those who don't know VNV Nation is a spectacularly mediocre electropop band with a lead singer who cannot carry a tune in a bucket (and has a terrible singing voice even if he could). However the lyrics of VNV Nation songs appeal directly to the sensibilities of Narrativists and as a result Ronin (the lead singer for VNV Nation) was widely considered to be an angelkin who had come to Earth to write music meant to help us cope with the cruelty of saving humanity from itself. Back in the early aughts VNV Nation concerts in the midwest were practically Otherkin conventions- as in I was literally not the only Otherkin who went to a VNV Nation concert specifically to meet (and potentially recruit to my quasi-cult) other people who believed themselves to be Otherkin. More than once I wound up at a Denny's after a VNV Nation concert with a group of disparate social outcasts who were all trying to find recruits for our personal Inner narrative's/cults.
Woooooaahh. I know about VNV Nation and that's nuts. Makes sense now that I think about it though. It's cult-ish music. Those podcasts sound great. Keep at it.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Jul 22, 2017

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

After concert denny's is always strange

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Brooklyn Brawler cosplay?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prester Jane posted:

This is amazing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

ancestery dot com PROVED my purity

ancestery dot com PROVED my impurity

my lineage comes from the filthiest and most aids-ridden criminals and rapists

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Woooooaahh. I know about VNV Nation and that's nuts. Makes sense now that I think about it though. It's cult-ish music. Those podcasts sound great. Keep at it.

Ronin is a middling techno musician and lacks the self awareness to acknowledge that he simply cannot sing- but he does possess true genius. He has found a way to lyrically tap into the Grand Narrative to a degree that no other artist really has. (I have no idea if Ronin is himself a Narrativist- he just happens to have the peculiar gift of writing exactly what a Narrativist wants to hear.)

An angsty manchild posted:

Have I no control?
Is my soul not mine?
Am I not just man destiny defined.
Never to be ruled- nor held to heel

Comprehend and countermand.
Synchronous guidance- I choose my way

We are the kings of wisdom- the fools as well.
We are the Gods to many. We are humbled men.

We who build great works just to bring them down.
We who make our roles so we never fail.

So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel?
That I carry a sword on a battlefield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nomNwSWIhlw

If you think you are some noble warrior of truth caught up in an epic struggle against evil then the message of the above lyrics is likely to be very appealing to you.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Jul 22, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prester Jane posted:

Ronin is a middling techno musician and lacks the self awareness to acknowledge that he simply cannot sing- but he does possess true genius. He has found a way to lyrically tap into the Grand Narrative to a degree that no other artist really has. (I have no idea if Ronin is himself a Narrativists- he just happens to have th peculiar talent of writnig exactly what a Narrativist wants to hear.)

If you think you are some noble warrior of truth caught up in an epic struggle against evil then the message of the above lyrics is likely to be very appealing to you.
Yeah I listen to a lot of that electro-industrial crap so I'm quite familiar. VNV Nation's music is what you wanna listen to while standing on a mountaintop with your fist raised into the sky. And the band has Nation in the title so... yeah I can see why the alt-right likes it. It's a bit too megalomaniacal for me I have to say. But since you say no other artist has tapped into it like he has... well I'm trying to think of somebody else and I'm coming up empty.

While I'm on the subject, the best industrial music cult leader is (ex-KMFDM) Raymond Watts of PIG, which is also Lowtax-approved. All hail the Lord of Lard.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/881682342749896704

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9NaBY9Vz10

:worship:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yo where can I find these Prester Jane pods?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Yinlock posted:

You could have just said you're Australian.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yo where can I find these Prester Jane pods?

I have to make them first, probably be a couple weeks before I release the first one. I need to wait for the month to cycle around to buy a decent mic- all I've got at the moment is a supershitty headset mic (that has seen some hard use as a result of Battlefield1). Judging by the interest though this is definitely a project I will be prioritizing in the near term.

Edit: The more I think about it the more material I have to add that is super relevant to the current situation. Ezboards (now yuku) was unintentionally one of the true forerunners of modern social media. The website was essentially a place to host message boards that were each separate communities but could be accessed with a single account. Narrativists were thick as poo poo on Ezboards as a result of a huge range of occult/paranormal oriented communities. There were hundreds of Otherkin and Vampyre (as in assholes who believed they were literally vampyres and would either "drain energy" from "donors" or drink actual human blood) alone, and those communities were collectively smaller than the Wiccan/Pagan/ghosthunting/generic new age communities on Ezboards.

Ezboards also had what essentially amounted to 4chan/the alt-right as well. Everquest communities were the biggest non-Narrativist users of Ezboards and there were literally a few thousand active Everquest communities. Communities specific to specific Everquest servers were the largest of these. And this is where it gets interesting.

You see Everquest was a game where the GM's enforced the social contract something fierce (known as the "Play Nice Policy" or PNP) and this naturally lead to a ton of griping from certain sectors of the community. So Everquest decided to try an experiment by making a special PVP server wherein the PNP could not be enforced. The result was basically proto 4chan- the notorious Sullon Zek community.

Sullon Zek wound up being a server populated less by people who wanted to play Everquest and more by people who wanted to conduct organized trolling campaigns outside of Everquest. These organized trollings campaigns were called "Jihads" (9-11 had just happened at the time) and they caused signigifant disruption to other Everquest servers, a huge range of Ezboards communities, and a small battery of targets-of-conveniance who had the misfortune of raising the ire of a community of trolls. Early forms of doxxing and cyber-stalking were the orders of the day. In the end Everquest was forced to severely curtail what they allowed on Sullon Zek and Ezboards eventually just automatically banned (without issuing refunds in some cases) every single Sullon Zek community that popped up. They even had a custom "Get the gently caress off our website" splashpage for the closed Sullon Zek communities.

Although a virus wiped out much of the records of all this, there are still bits and pieces of it preserved on the web if you know where to look. Some examples:

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 09:20 on Jul 22, 2017

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Tim Gionet radicalizing further into white nationalism. Now yelling at passing teenagers while wandering the streets alone.

https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/887746807945506816

the logo is an especially nice touch

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjU4tYYVbY

Every time i hear about VNV i cant ever not think of how butthurt they got over epsilon minus, and how they and their fan club ended up doxxing me because they thought i made it at first

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Yinlock posted:

You have no idea how hard it is to resist making a joke about Australia when you lead with this.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

sneakyfrog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjU4tYYVbY

Every time i hear about VNV i cant ever not think of how butthurt they got over epsilon minus, and how they and their fan club ended up doxxing me because they thought i made it at first

Genuinely interested in hearing the story behind this. Also that video is some Grade-A satire.