Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Favre is also in the middle of a major welfare scandal. To super online people like us Rodgers pulling his recent nutty stuff stands out more but will probably be much easier to sweep under the rug in the long term compared to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rodgers is just like normal weirdo white QB conservative dickhead.

Farve is literally stealing money from poor people to get a loving vollleyball facility for his daughter.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Favre has that stupid “iron man” consecutive starts record which will never go away. Also, he went to one more Super Bowl than Rodgers, even if they both only have one ring.

Favre also has the most INTs record, while Rodgers has the best INT:TD ratio over some thousands of throws. We’ll see if he ruins that with another season of football though.

My gut feeling - Favre goes down in NFL history as a Paul Bunyan figure while Rodgers is an, “oh yeah, that other guy who played for the Packers and was really good… but let’s talk more about BrEtT fArrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!”

Definitely first ballot Hall of Famer though.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Brett gets credit for bringing the Packers back to relevance after being bad for so long. Unfairly or not, Rodgers will always be QB 2b because of that. There are elements of Farve's story that are straight up mythic, from being drafted as an afterthought by coach who said Favre would never play QB as long as he (the coach) was in the league to the game he had after his father died. Rodgers may be technically better but that's the point. Methodical perfection is less open to myth making than passionate play.

What's funny is that after Starr, Farve and Rodgers deciding who was the fourth best Packers QB is a game of what about that guy?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pops Mgee posted:

Rodgers has 1 and a half more mvps than Favre and a Superbowl mvp. You could make the argument that he’s number 2.

favre played to win, rodgers plays to pad his rate stats. at least favre made a second super bowl

favre as paul bunyan is a great comparison

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
since 2012 here's two qbs to choose from

qb a: 142 games, 4866 attempts, 66.8% completion, 7.6 y/a, 7.7 ay/a 261 ypg, 97.8 rating

qb b: 161 games, 5547 attempts, 65.3% completion, 7.5 y/a, 8.2 ay/a, 258.9 ypg, 103.4 rating

so yeah, basically just a slightly better kirk cousins, and despite GB's wr issues lately cousins dealt with worse in washington

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Darth Brooks posted:

What's funny is that after Starr, Farve and Rodgers deciding who was the fourth best Packers QB is a game of what about that guy?

Lynn Dickey?

(I’m way too young to have seen Lynn Dickey play.)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
How is Arnie Herber not automatically green bays 4th best quarterback?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Blake Bortles.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trying to imagine the concept of the bears' 4th best quarterback.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PneumonicBook posted:

How is Arnie Herber not automatically green bays 4th best quarterback?

I don’t know who that is, sorry.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Of course not, he played in the 40s, threw to Don Hutson, and led green bay to 4 championships.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Talk about a who's who of "how the hell is he still in the league?"

https://twitter.com/maxgerbs/status/1614022390153109506

Glad Agnew is still doing stuff, he was always fun to watch.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bears top 4 QB’s:

Sid Luckman
Jay Cutler
Rex Grossman
Jim McMahon

Choose your own rank order, I sure don’t know.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean, after Luckman and Cutler, you're probably looking at ... Jim McMahon and Rex Grossman? Kyle Orton?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I personally wouldn't stay but the NIL money can probably come close to what he'd make in his first year in the NFL. And maybe he just doesn't want to play for the Texans.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If Stroud comes out, I still think trading with Houston to move down a spot and then trading again for a team that wants Stroud (Colts?) would bring an impressive haul.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think we can all agree that whatever strategy the bears use in the draft will blow up in their face because they are the bears.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think we can all agree that whatever strategy the bears use in the draft will blow up in their face because they are the bears.

I mean, yeah. It kinda goes without saying.

They'll get a huge haul and then use it to draft a special teams jammer, a fullback from Rutgers and a highly touted edge rusher whose legs suffer from Greg Oden-itis.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They'll draft the shittiest cornerback in a draft filled with great cornerbacks. Basically their strategy for wide receiver in last year's draft.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
This NFCN thread needs more discussion about the team that is actually still playing.

https://twitter.com/GovTimWalz/status/1613928906632974336

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Bears top 4 QB’s:

Sid Luckman
Jay Cutler
Rex Grossman
Jim McMahon

Choose your own rank order, I sure don’t know.
Orton> Grossman not even close

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kramer is better than both of them lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SirPablo posted:

This NFCN thread needs more discussion about the team that is actually still playing.

https://twitter.com/GovTimWalz/status/1613928906632974336

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Stroud knows he could never survive the scrutiny of briefly trailing against Northwestern in a game with 60 mph gale force winds and downpours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-k66VrmQo

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

Kramer is better than both of them lol

Didn't Kramer get beat out for the starting job by loving Dave Krieg and then Rick Mirer?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Timby posted:

Didn't Kramer get beat out for the starting job by loving Dave Krieg and then Rick Mirer?

Kramer was just always hurt. And when he wasn't hurt they kept trying and failing to find someone better lol

They traded a first for Rick loving Mirer so they had to try him, and then he played like 4 games before they got him up out the paint

I'm pretty sure Kramer has the best Bears passing season ever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wonder if Goff is a top four Lions QB. People with clearer memories of Scott Mitchell weigh in. I guess Greg Landry is third.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
Bobby Douglass, the original Justin Fields?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

I'm pretty sure Kramer has the best Bears passing season ever.

Almost positive that's Cutler.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wonder if Goff is a top four Lions QB. People with clearer memories of Scott Mitchell weigh in. I guess Greg Landry is third.

1 attempt
1 completion
75 yards
1 touchdown
158.3 rating

The best quarterback in Lions history is Tom Kennedy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The lack of Rodney Peete in this discussion is crazy. His Tecmo-Bowl stats were amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Timby posted:

Almost positive that's Cutler.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think he honestly might make an argument for Top 4 post-merger. In my lifetime the Top 4 pre-Goff were probably

1. Stafford (no poo poo...)
2. Erik Kramer
3. Jon Kitna
4. Charlie Batch

I think Goff makes that list easily.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mitchell was definitely better than Charlie Batch.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm the 26/27 TD/INT ratio

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AFC North legend Charlie Batch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

HootTheOwl posted:

Orton> Grossman not even close

Rex Grossman is more appreciated for the Sexy Rexy/Unleash the Dragon stuff than anything that happened on a football field.