Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glenn is getting pooped on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Race Realists posted:

oh my loving god he is every single nerd libertarian teenager

its like ive time traveled to 2003

https://twitter.com/LoganMinor27/status/1163126004493238272?s=19

if he actually believed in the market, he'd delete his account

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

paul_soccer10 posted:

good

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
lmfao

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh Glenn, last-minute bootlicking won't save you, the assassins don't read your twitter.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Capitalism encourages innovation, if we where communist we would still be on flip phones

oh no how terrible

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
under communism people would still design websites with desktops in mind

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pomp posted:

:ussr:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why is it that libertarians and fascists go together so well

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They're basically the same thing, except one is FYGM, the other is FYGO

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Libertarians believe in a natural order that exists outside the political and that “politics” represents an intrusion into this natural state, although for them capitalism is the whole of nature (and probably also statutory rape). This belief has all the basics in common with the fascist desire to destroy politics and enforce the natural order of domination.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Uncle Wemus posted:

A=A :smuggo:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Uncle Wemus posted:

there's a pipeline.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Race Realists posted:

https://twitter.com/LoganMinor27/status/1162893378910113792?s=19

why do they all think this is some sort of sickburn?

https://twitter.com/LoganMinor27/status/1163098589222047746?s=19

why is it always some rando living in the middle of Bumfuck, MidWest?

My macro econ class focused mostly on Keynesian economics which was a big step in de-chudifying me

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
instead of confronting proud boys why dont you occupy langley? :smug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1163135382478655488?s=20

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Libertarianism is a position you can remain at as long as you don't think too hard about what its ideas imply. If you start thinking about it beyond the bare surface level stuff peddled by mainstream "libertarian" pundits you end up at the idea that those who have deserve it and those who don't, don't, and from there you're basically sliding into fascism or increasingly esoteric neo-monarchism that insists it's not fascism but is only fooling itself.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/1162853054099537920
tom arnold continues plowing his own unique furrow

Billy Joel supremacy continues unabated.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

cargo cult posted:

instead of confronting proud boys why dont you occupy langley? :smug:

*books another appearance on Tucker Carlson*

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/1162853054099537920
tom arnold continues plowing his own unique furrow

This is so condescending lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Pomp posted:

under communism all smart phones would have a headphone jack

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

Oh Glenn, last-minute bootlicking won't save you, the assassins don't read your twitter.

Or listened to the Chapo Episode where he spent like a third of the episode defending Moro and the people who voted for Bolso. The only time I saw him as livid as he ever is to anyone of the left that gives him poo poo about... anything was when Bolsominions dug up his mom's facebook.

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames

Pope Guilty posted:

Libertarianism is a position you can remain at as long as you don't think too hard about what its ideas imply. If you start thinking about it beyond the bare surface level stuff peddled by mainstream "libertarian" pundits you end up at the idea that those who have deserve it and those who don't, don't, and from there you're basically sliding into fascism or increasingly esoteric neo-monarchism that insists it's not fascism but is only fooling itself.

well, you end up there or an ancom

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kunster posted:

Or listened to the Chapo Episode where he spent like a third of the episode defending Moro and the people who voted for Bolso. The only time I saw him as livid as he ever is to anyone of the left that gives him poo poo about... anything was when Bolsominions dug up his mom's facebook.

he also misstated trump's base and the chapo boys didn't correct him even though they're one of the most vocal about how bad the media is at talking about his actual base.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kunster posted:

I'd never heard of GG before chapo but that interview prob went something like

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel bad for Glenn because he’s going to die in a camp or just bayoneted by local police on a school sport field. I can’t really take pleasure in mocking him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

X=just incredibly heinous poo poo, stuff that'd make Caligula blush
it's a surprisingly accurate meme

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Libertarians believe in a natural order that exists outside the political and that “politics” represents an intrusion into this natural state, although for them capitalism is the whole of nature (and probably also statutory rape). This belief has all the basics in common with the fascist desire to destroy politics and enforce the natural order of domination.

It's this. You can see where they intersect where Dorothy Thompson describes the humiliated narcissist, someone who believes in their innate superiority which has been held down by some combination of society, the state, and modernity.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Libertarians naively accept capitalism as inherently good and ignore its contradictions or blame them on insufficient liberty. Fascists are libertarians whose faith has been shaken, they still tend to hold onto principles of capitalism but they shift blame for its failures onto certain capitalist subjects. Their vision of successful capitalism changes from a systemically-pure paradise of opportunity and peace (with occasional "self-defense"), to a world where the entrepreneurs can still elevate themselves but those who get in the way can be actively violently eliminated.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I mean hes not wrong that American foreign policy institutions are evil and need to be stopped, but for some reason he thinks that Trump is going to help stop them lol

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
nobody has done more to gently caress up american foreign policy than trump

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

whole lotta deleted tweets in the past couple days

paul_soccer10 posted:

I mean he's echoing some dumb poo poo from one of the Red Scare podcasters, so he should get roundly mocked.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

capitalism is probably also statutory rape
They're not wrong about that part though??

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I feel bad for Glenn because he’s going to die in a camp or just bayoneted by local police on a school sport field. I can’t really take pleasure in mocking him.

he's rich, he's going to bribe his and his husband's way to safety

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

My countenance collapsed. I was mortified, praying silently that my son had neither originated nor disseminated the offensive memes

FYAD mods, come pick up your new forum subtitle

Uncle Wemus posted:

they're both ideologies centered on maintaining privileged groups; the size and role of the state is just a debate on tactics

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

ogresque posted:

nobody has done more to gently caress up american foreign policy than trump

this poo poo really can't be fixed for the next 50 years or so either, when you tear up treaties and trade agreements you can't just have the next guy handwave all that away

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Relevant Tangent posted:

he's rich, he's going to bribe his and his husband's way to safety

"I immediately said: this is like an automatic factory, let us say a flour mill connected to some bakery. You put in at the one end a Jew who still has capital and has, let us say, a factory or a shop or an account in a bank, and he passes through the entire building, from counter to counter, from office to office – he comes out at the other end, he has no money, he has no rights, only a passport in which is written: You must leave this country within two weeks; if you fail to do so, you will go to a concentration camp."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
god i loving regret bringing up grenwald at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
You people are loving crazy. First you allege Glenn Greenwald is somehow polishing the reputation of Moro and Bolsonaro and now you are cheering him getting killed by right wing elements like he is some kind of Ernst Rohm figure? Did I cross into another universe?