Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
So...how was the finale?

I'm listening to a random no guest from 2001, is it better than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CatchrNdRy posted:

So...how was the finale?

Ehhhhhhh

Depends what you mean by “better”. Funnier? The 2001 episode probably has it by a mile. The last episode didn’t really answer any calls or anything, was just talking about the show and its history and reminiscing about some of the funnier moments. It wasn’t particularly funny on its own, but it was somewhat sentimental and nice to listen to.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

CatchrNdRy posted:

So...how was the finale?

I'm glad I listened to it, but I don't feel the need to ever listen to it again.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I was bored, so I put a spear through my penis

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
If I find you stealing my underwear again, this is what's gonna happen

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy behavior

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Sit your moist rear end down.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
So listening to the final ep something struck me, and it was something I guess I'd had an inkling of before when I'd listened to the odd Mike episode, but the problem with the modern show was that they talked way too much about sex, whereas classic loveline kinda didn't.

The advice given on the old show almost always got waylaid into the mental state and living situation of the person calling. A dude calls up about his penis size and we get into why he hates his job, a girl calls in about her abusive boyfriend who just got out on parole and we start talking about dad. It was rarely actually about sex, and it was way funnier, more engaging, and insightful than stupid questions of the week that turned the later incarnation of the program into an aural Cleo magazine.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
The show became poo poo, modern radio is poo poo, and soon it will follow in Loveline's blundering footsteps

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Matt Pinfield's new two hour show called "2 Hours With Matt Pinfield" took over the LL slot on 93X in the Twin Cities.

Matt looking hearty and hale, yessir

e: Also Matt's personal website is broken, gud jorb Mat

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 3, 2016

LFO
May 9, 2009
Drew talked about his feelings about the last loveline episode on this episode of his own podcast:

http://drdrew.com/2016/224/

Sounds like he was unhappy w/ loveline for a few years before Catherwood quitting gave him the impetus to.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

LFO posted:

Drew talked about his feelings about the last loveline episode on this episode of his own podcast:

http://drdrew.com/2016/224/

Sounds like he was unhappy w/ loveline for a few years before Catherwood quitting gave him the impetus to.
I like that Adam has promised to be nicer and I also like that the Adam and Drew podcast is going to be more caller focused from now on.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

There's no cookies in my box

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
The world is your oyster, because that's all the world is.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Levonorgestrel! Put that wiffle ball bat down and come in the house!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Zahgaegun posted:

Matt Pinfield's new two hour show called "2 Hours With Matt Pinfield" took over the LL slot on 93X in the Twin Cities.

Matt's a pretty good radio DJ I'm sorry I said bad things about you Matt i luv u bby

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Jesus.
So you guys don't like the Adam and Drew podcast? I know Adam is pretty shrill, and the insanely stupid/rando callers are missing, but man... Sometimes its not so bad. This recent one : "who's gonna put that in my mouth" is pretty funny. I used to listen to Loveline all the time as I fell asleep, so I do that with the podcast now, and it totally woke me up with laughter. Drew reciting this story of the lady who rear ended him making GBS threads everywhere, I don't know. It just seemed so different then the Drew I remember. It's kinda funny just hearing him break character and saying gently caress over and over.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-adam-and-dr.-drew-show/id584543823?mt=2&i=369191392

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Solvent posted:

Jesus.
So you guys don't like the Adam and Drew podcast? I know Adam is pretty shrill, and the insanely stupid/rando callers are missing, but man... Sometimes its not so bad.

I dunno, I gave it well over a year and all it did was convince me that Adam is irredeemable and Drew isn't far behind. Even disregarding political beliefs I just think they're completely out of touch with people.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ace on the House whenever Ray screams at Adam to shut up is still the best of the Carolla podcasts

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I think that recently Adam said he was gonna stop being such an rear end in a top hat, so you should check it out now that they're five times a week

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think that recently Adam said he was gonna stop being such an rear end in a top hat, so you should check it out now that they're five times a week

I don't believe him

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think the last straw for me was when he went on a 10+ minute rant about how his maid unplugged his iphone charger to vacuum and forgot to plug it back in, forcing him to use a backup iphone that was “slow.”

Between that and his relationship with Lynette and Drew becoming clear its just hard to go back.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

I don't believe him

I listened to a few recent ones and he is definitely trying to be way more humble now, sure, he's not the same guy he was 15-20 years ago but then again who is?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I haven't listened to anything post-Loveline, but did Adam ever get anyone to come into Westwood one to fart on their head?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I like stuff Adam came up with to insult people without saying a word that would need anderson to blank out, I still use douchenozzle to this day

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

criscodisco posted:

I haven't listened to anything post-Loveline, but did Adam ever get anyone to come into Westwood one to fart on their head?

I listened to this saga recently, surprisingly Anne/etc. were actually pretty keen for it but the original caller backed out by not picking up their phone. In the end it never happened.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Cached Money posted:

I listened to a few recent ones and he is definitely trying to be way more humble now, sure, he's not the same guy he was 15-20 years ago but then again who is?

No one is the same, but a lot of people actually become better

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

I feel bad when Adam rips into Drew but usually Drew says something stupid (that Adam sometimes doesn't pick up on) that makes me feel less bad. For example, in one past episode, Adam was yelling at Drew the whole episode about touching the microphone but then a few minutes later Drew was gushing about Uber and how using it makes a statement (a positive statement) and then I feel less bad. Drew is obviously a smart guy but he says some things that feed into Adam yelling at him, sometimes I think on purpose. I also figured that if Drew really hated it, he wouldn't be doing the show. Still, it's painful to listen to and usually I just use the 15 second skip ahead feature on my phone.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Doesn't Drew get large sums of money to say nice things about Uber? He was shilling for them pretty hard over on Loveline at the end and we all know how much he loves undisclosed advertising posing as a personal opinion.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

we all know how much he loves undisclosed advertising posing as a personal opinion.
Honestly, this is a huge stain on the 1990s/early 2000s Loveline era. Every time I hear him mention some brand pills I baulk. I don't even know if they are the ones he is shilling but still.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Uber is one of the Adam network podcast sponsors, they've been doing Uber ads for ages. It's not really a secret.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The Experiment posted:

I feel bad when Adam rips into Drew but usually Drew says something stupid (that Adam sometimes doesn't pick up on) that makes me feel less bad. For example, in one past episode, Adam was yelling at Drew the whole episode about touching the microphone but then a few minutes later Drew was gushing about Uber and how using it makes a statement (a positive statement) and then I feel less bad. Drew is obviously a smart guy but he says some things that feed into Adam yelling at him, sometimes I think on purpose. I also figured that if Drew really hated it, he wouldn't be doing the show. Still, it's painful to listen to and usually I just use the 15 second skip ahead feature on my phone.

I think Drew is one of those people who just seems to thrive on having his balls busted, hence his bobcat wife.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Drew's son drives for Uber.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Has Adam taken a shower yet?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Lampsacus posted:

Honestly, this is a huge stain on the 1990s/early 2000s Loveline era. Every time I hear him mention some brand pills I baulk. I don't even know if they are the ones he is shilling but still.
It was wellbutrin.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You're gonna pass up a party?

Sounds more like trouble than a party!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I was shot when I was 15, but I survived ....

I survived getting shot, but not everybody does

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
What a tough thing your body is! It's meant to withstand:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
CHILDBIRTH! Nobody's EVER died doing THAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I was on a plane a couple of days ago and the plane hit rough turbulence and dropped so fast my head hit the top of the luggage compartment then slammed me back into my seat. I'm going to keep my seatbelt tighter if I fly again.

PSAs never lie.

• Locked thread