Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pubic works project posted:

Do you guys think a Mariota/Carr platoon is enough to advance in the playoffs or should I try to trade for Goff and do a Goff/Carr one?

I'm thinking of offering a Sanders/Mariota/J.Williams combo for Goff/Mixon.

Goff isn’t going to be better than Mariota after this week moving forward.

But Mariota and Carr aren’t going to be that great moving forward either.

Go try and trade for whoever has Keenum sitting on their bench, or whoever the guy’s other qb is who has River’s rostered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm surprised it only took hundreds of goons posting in one thread 11 whole weeks for an actual collusion to occur

Something about a number of monkeys randomly pressing keys on typewriters for eternity

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Luckily the commissioner in this league is not a total tool and killed both of those trades before they could go through. Phew. I was about to go ballistic in the Facebook group chat we have.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

Luckily the commissioner in this league is not a total tool and killed both of those trades before they could go through. Phew. I was about to go ballistic in the Facebook group chat we have.

A Good Commissioner.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
McFadden waived, just in case you were still holding on to him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21568646/dallas-cowboys-waive-veteran-rb-darren-mcfadden

https://twitter.com/dmcfadden20/status/934807410954375169

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Um, actually he's still the guy to own. They are just keeping him even fresher!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Where are all my Burkhead believers now?

Wooooooooo

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Wooooooooo
:dance:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spermy Smurf posted:

Wooooooooo

Feels good having him as my RB5.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Feels good having him as my RB5.

I learned my lesson and he's my RB2 now

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I learned my lesson and he's my RB2 now

The guys ahead of him before now were Ingram, Gurley, Perine, and Duke Johnson. I was flexing Perine this week and can't really complain about getting 14.5 points in half PPR. I guess I'm playing the matchups from now out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The guys ahead of him before now were Ingram, Gurley, Perine, and Duke Johnson. I was flexing Perine this week and can't really complain about getting 14.5 points in half PPR. I guess I'm playing the matchups from now out.

Bell is my 1, followed by CJ/Booker, Morris, Woodhead...I whiffed a loooooot this year. This team is making playoffs based on a ridiculous PA differential and not because of any actual decisions I made

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Bell is my 1, followed by CJ/Booker, Morris, Woodhead...I whiffed a loooooot this year. This team is making playoffs based on a ridiculous PA differential and not because of any actual decisions I made

That's fantasy!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

KareemHunt doesn’t even look bad. I hate KC right now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Diqnol posted:

KareemHunt doesn’t even look bad. I hate KC right now.

Is Tyreek a healthy scratch today or what.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is Tyreek a healthy scratch today or what.

Alex Smith

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Goddamn Julio

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
HAHAAHAH MY OPPONENT WAS PREDICTED TO PUT UP 97 POINTS THIS WEEK AND HE SCORED 58 ALONE WITH JULIO HAHAAHAH FANTASY IS loving STUPID

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
HOW THE gently caress DID NELSON AGHOLOR GET A loving FUMBLE RETURN FOR A TD HOW THE gently caress DO PEOPLE KEEP PUTTING UP 160+ ON ME EVERY loving WEEK

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

HAHAAHAH MY OPPONENT WAS PREDICTED TO PUT UP 97 POINTS THIS WEEK AND HE SCORED 58 ALONE WITH JULIO HAHAAHAH FANTASY IS loving STUPID

In my BML I still have Bell, Ingram, Graham, and Hyde to play...

I already won thanks to Brady, Julio, and Chargers D

:smug:

Next week I will score 8 total points.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alfalfa posted:

In my BML I still have Bell, Ingram, Graham, and Hyde to play...

I already won thanks to Brady, Julio, and Chargers D

:smug:

Next week I will score 8 total points.

Yep, cus Julio literally put up double his top points this week and the guy I'm playing lost last week with 71 points and is now on track for 220 this week soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

How are adult professional athletes dumb enough to fight in a professional football game?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos posted:

Karma sucks.

Fuckin up the chill rear end chat thread smdh

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looks like in my other league I’m going to be picking up Keenum to replace Smith and bench Hunt.

Man the wheels really fell off there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Karma sucks.

I also gave cooking advice to a guy who's mom can't cook anymore and talked a guy through his messy divorce in that thread and still got hosed during those weeks too

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Doltos posted:

I also gave cooking advice to a guy who's mom can't cook anymore and talked a guy through his messy divorce in that thread and still got hosed during those weeks too

Well you're also a Knicks fan so it could just be fate

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Well you're also a Knicks fan so it could just be fate

I have a great family, a great life, I was fortunate to be born during a time of amazing scientific and medical advances, but holy gently caress am I the unluckiest fucker when it comes to games of chance

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Karma sucks.

Lmfaoooooo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

From what I know about you I'd be waiting on that karma train to hit your fantasy team any day now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm having to choose between Brees and Smith in one league, and damned if I don't always pick the wrong one for the week. This week, I'm going Brees.

Looks like I chose wrong again. :sigh:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well I guess Mark Is dead.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dkj posted:

How are adult professional athletes dumb enough to fight in a professional football game?

They play an adrenaline fueled violent competitive sport.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Akib Talib is a childish rear end in a top hat, and he got into Crabtree's head last year with the neclace yank (which IIRC was not punished at all), so when he did it again today, Crabtree who was already really pissed at this guy lost his poo poo.

It's not an actual excuse for Crabtree's behavior of course. The right thing to do would be brush it off, and then maybe after the game, make jokes to the press about how Talib is such a childish rear end in a top hat.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Why the gently caress does Andy Reid not want to use Hunt anymore? Is he bad now? Is Andy Reid just Dumb?

E: According to ESPN the Bills have given up the second most points to RBs and Hunt only got like 3 points. What the gently caress??

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Akib Talib is a childish rear end in a top hat, and he got into Crabtree's head last year with the neclace yank (which IIRC was not punished at all), so when he did it again today, Crabtree who was already really pissed at this guy lost his poo poo.

It's not an actual excuse for Crabtree's behavior of course. The right thing to do would be brush it off, and then maybe after the game, make jokes to the press about how Talib is such a childish rear end in a top hat.

It's just another Tuesday in the AFC West

sorry your Crabtree didn't get points

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
MY ARM TAPED SON

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottbarrettdfb/status/934981686860894208

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've said it all season that Drew Brees turned into a fantasy irrelevant QB not because he sucks but because Kamara is scoring like every time he touches the ball it feels like.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

I've said it all season that Drew Brees turned into a fantasy irrelevant QB not because he sucks but because Kamara is scoring like every time he touches the ball it feels like.

It's also because Brees is game managing the poo poo outta the Saints, and not in a bad way. Watch him run that offense and put everyone in the right position and not only get it to the open guy but to the correct open guy. And then the runs they draw up are beautiful. It's goddamn masterful and forget the Rams or Eagles, the Saints are my favorite offense to watch. Brees is putting on a clinic this season.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Russel Wilson, 2014. 118 carries for 849 yards (7.2 YPC).

The Saints o-line is doing work, with the primary back at 5 YPC (most of anyone with 100+ carries). But we also know that elite change of pace backs tend to do better on a per-carry basis than the primary back. That's essentially what Kamara is serving as in this offense, in spite of his higher than average carries for that role. He's a great player having a great season, but I wouldn't expect him to perform at this level next season or the season after -- I don't think supporting two RBs at this level of performance is sustainable, and if they lose Ingram it will change his role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastor Travis
Jun 5, 2008
And to think, If it wasn't for JuJu being out I probably wouldn't have my share of Robby Anderson's Treasure. He posted the high score in my matchup this week. Outside of Russell Wilson at #2 my three highest scores are all from players that were on less than 70% of starting lineups. (D. Lewis and Funchess were the others.) 43% starting Mr. Anderson seems pretty low in retrospect, but that could have easily been me.

• Locked thread