Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP Log Lady :smith:

And Dougie too I guess?

I have so many questions.

Roadhouse song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TBj1DveSng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Also that was Sunset Boulevard on TV that seemed to "wake up" Cooper. It's a Billy Wilder noir-ish film about Hollywood that's one of the best films ever made and probably Lynch's favorite film based on his answers to that question combined with how much it obviously influenced his work

Not a coincidence Lynch named his own Twin Peaks character after a minor character from that film and it was cute to see it used like this here

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

also, the leaked episode preview blurbs look spot on so far.

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

So that girl who said she was waiting for someone and ended up freaking out on the floor is a stand in for the audience waiting for Coop, right?

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
The numbers Phillip Jeffries spits out are the same as the coordinates from Ruth Davenport's arm btw.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, that "Get Gordon Cole." moment. The way the camera zooms way in on Coop. I gasped at the same time he did lol

kaworu posted:

Also that was Sunset Boulevard on TV that seemed to "wake up" Cooper. It's a Billy Wilder noir-ish film about Hollywood that's one of the best films ever made and probably Lynch's favorite film based on his answers to that question combined with how much it obviously influenced his work

Not a coincidence Lynch named his own Twin Peaks character after a minor character from that film and it was cute to see it used like this here

Sunset Boulevard is also (obviously) what Gordon's name is a reference to, according to the man himself in A Slice of Lynch.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Zmej posted:

also, the leaked episode preview blurbs look spot on so far.

Do you have a link to those?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guess Coop is coming back next week. Might actually open with him sitting with the Fireman from the beginning of the season.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Little Mac posted:

Do you have a link to those?
yup!
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6tox8l/s3e18_did_this_russian_streaming_service_just/dlmgvee/

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Solice Kirsk posted:

Guess Coop is coming back next week. Might actually open with him sitting with the Fireman from the beginning of the season.

Or we just won't see him at all next week and that will be left for the double finales! I bet that will happen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also feel bad for whatever Bobby and Shelly's kids name is. Even though her hubby was a dick. Maybe now she'll start dating Richard. Follow in her mother's shoes again.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Bunch of oldass comments alluding to Twin Peaks 2017. Was the songlist revealed that far ahead of time?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

quotin dis so it doesn't get lost in the thread.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ed and Norma, all that matters.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Mark Frost apparently brought back the Cyril Pons character in the end credits, when exactly did he show up because I'm totally blanking on any news reporters this episode?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Poor Jeffries just can't get his coopers straight. I'm guessing Naido is Judy.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

FauxLeather posted:

Mark Frost apparently brought back the Cyril Pons character in the end credits, when exactly did he show up because I'm totally blanking on any news reporters this episode?

Might be the dude who was walking his dog.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Glove Guy is my new favorite character. Go Glove Guy!

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If anyone didn't catch it the credits overlay changed at the very end to this:

http://imgur.com/a/y9mwP

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good old door opener.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Glove Guy is my new favorite character. Go Glove Guy!
This episode gave even more weight to the theory that in the finale he’s gonna have to kill Evil Coop via arm wrestling and that makes me so loving excited.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

LostRook posted:

If anyone didn't catch it the credits overlay changed at the very end to this:

http://imgur.com/a/y9mwP

God that character looks way too much like the murdering girl from the original Ring movie Ringu about to climb out the loving screen at me :gonk:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Please give a warm round of applause to the Roadhouse announcer, who has been increasingly living it up with every consecutive appearance.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was the woman who James likes whose husband glove guy punched the same woman who was reduced to tears when James performed Just You And I at the Roadhouse?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This episode was loving incredible! Except the Audrey scene which I am going to pretend didn't exist because god dammit

I'm worried that everything with Steven is because he's killed Becky :( the way Donna's sister was talking to him it definitely seems like he did something real bad, and then the last shot in that scene is the outside of their trailer. But this is just a theory, not saying for sure.

Oh my god I'm so happy, no way we don't get Coop back next week. Also the 3-15 thing sorta made sense - he came out of the socket in 3, and returned to it (in a sense) in 15.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Was the woman who James likes whose husband glove guy punched the same woman who was reduced to tears when James performed Just You And I at the Roadhouse?

Yeah

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

lol i'm really really worried this whole thing will end up being Audrey's dream.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I’m really interested to see what Evil Coop and Richard talk about in the truck, if we even get to see that at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

lol i'm really really worried this whole thing will end up being Audrey's dream.

Like a St. Elsewhere type thing?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

holy poo poo

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Isn't Chuck the guy who told Tina about seeing Billy? And that he had taken Billy's truck?

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

TheMaestroso posted:

Isn't Chuck the guy who told Tina about seeing Billy? And that he had taken Billy's truck?

Far as I know, yep, or they have the same name.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Not trying to start a poo poo show here, but what don't people like about Audrey's scenes? The atmosphere of dreamlikeness is totally on point and both performances are hilarious

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Holy poo poo.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

Not trying to start a poo poo show here, but what don't people like about Audrey's scenes? The atmosphere of dreamlikeness is totally on point and both performances are hilarious

I really don't get it either. I think everyone disliked the first Audrey scene as well as the episode it was on, so now they're just disposed to hate all of those scenes? I think they're fascinatingly bizarre, given that she's clearly not in reality (it seems?) and yet is still interacting with reality on some level.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The second one was good, but this one and the first one are just Audrey yelling and being a huge goddamn rear end in a top hat and I get zero entertainment value out of them, using any possible interpretation of that term

Reminder to read over your reply if you make one and make sure there isn't anything about how anyone with a different opinion to you is less intelligent

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Check the thread: I totally called Phillip Jeffries being a giant psychic teakettle like 8 weeks ago.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

As long as the Audrey scenes aren't a million years long like that first one I can handle em.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This episode gave even more weight to the theory that in the finale he’s gonna have to kill Evil Coop via arm wrestling and that makes me so loving excited.

I think he's gonna fight Sarah Palmer to save Naido from whatever's inside Sarah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

FauxLeather posted:

Please give a warm round of applause to the Roadhouse announcer, who has been increasingly living it up with every consecutive appearance.

I love this guy. Also Teakettle Bowie's one of the funniest things this season.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I thought the first one was extremely poorly paced in an uninteresting way instead of an unnerving way. The second one was great, this one was ok.