Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

FizFashizzle posted:

This is when Trump became dril.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I no longer enjoy this if he does.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Waiting for the Fox & Friends clip with excoriate in it. I'd even bet that it was on screen.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

8 pages over a goddamn typo. I'm going back to sleep.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

may you never wake

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Booyah- posted:

may you never wake

same tho

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

awesmoe posted:

Carter Page is immensely, amazingly, astonishingly stupid and I desperately want him in front of every committee and every microphone that can be found

There's something about this guy that makes me want him kept away. I think its how he seems so desperate to be involved and seen as a player. I guess I worry that he'd fall on a grenade pushing some bullshit story for the admin if it meant he got to look like a Big Deal. ( and also bank whatever other perks a bunch of super rich and connected fuckers could come up with to sweeten the pot )

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Pollyanna posted:

To be fair it was a "typo" in the same way weird messages from a relative who suffers from some degenerative brain syndrome is a typo. Except this is grandpa crazy being the President of the (at least for now) the most powerful nation in the world.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 31, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
he meant to put out a booty call to his fefos

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this is good for ...

Jeb ... ? ... :(

jeb :(((((

JEBBBBBBBBBB

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pollyanna posted:

You and I both know it'll be a typo that launches the nukes.

Also pro username post combo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Night shift needs something to poo poo post about.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ought ten posted:

This will be gone in a sec so I'll add the screenshot https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/869766994899468288

Lol at the bots that were already submitting likes and retweets.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/axios/status/869879115981221888

https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status/869881812302036998

https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status/869880965824475136

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I wake up and covfefe happened.

Thankfully the Washington Post is on the case:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Who didn't see this coming?

Woooo!!!! Coal power gently caress yeah!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

So much for the moderating and adult influence of Ivanka and Kushner.

Also someone should tell this loving turd that this isn't his inane reality TV shows and that no one cares about the big reveal of his mock deliberations because no one actually believes he's thinking carefully about these things

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/intelligencer/status/869886628734447616

this is excellent news!!! for donald!!!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Except he deleted the post like a bitch. But now he's trying to claim it as I knew would.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Well, Republitards distinguishing themselves as "deplorables" was a pretty good method of separating them from people with functioning brains, but now we can remove all doubt with a new signifier

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/869887986095280128

Also, just lol if anyone thought for a second that Trump gave a poo poo about the Paris climate accords, or that Jared loving Kushner or Barbie was going to even attempt to sway him or care at all.

e: <snip> fiiiiiiiiine

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 31, 2017

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Jared and Ivanka were able to influence him on social issues because 1) He doesn't give a gently caress about conservative social policy and 2) They want to maintain their New York credibility. They obviously have some influence over him but I think both would have to really fight Trump to make any impact on something he's made a decision about and are totally unwilling because challenging Trump seriously would carry a strong chance of falling out of favour. Neither would be willing to put the fate of the planet ahead of their own comfort.

Also I think the Paris accords are the kind of thing Trump has a strong opinion on because 1) Environmental protection laws have caused him inconvenience in the past.

That's the list, I think that's genuinely all Trump knows about this and all he wants to know. He doesn't give a poo poo about the short term, observable impact of environmental protection. Keeping a species of grass from going extinct is less important to him than being able to build his golf course however he likes. He assumes everyone else thinks as he does so would have assumed environmental protections wouldn't matter on land he was going to buy (because he wouldn't give a gently caress about it) and when it turned out to matter assumed there was some nefarious alternative motivation for enforcing them (because he wouldn't give a gently caress about it). He also cannot comprehend the longer term effects of environmental damage because he can't see it with his own eyes and doesn't understand science. Ivanka and Jared were never going to persuade him to stay in the Paris accords because it would require changing his mind on something not just stopping him from siding with someone else. If you're not able to make a case for why doing something would make more money in a way that someone who's understanding of economics requires immediate and tangible results you won't be able to persuade Trump.

Like literally, if you can't point to why signing the Paris accords will get the US more money (and more money than other countries who are signatories) then you won't persuade Trump it's a good idea. And not something like, 'macroeconomic forces will see a massive restructuring of the energy market which we are well positioned to capitalise on'. I mean like, 'we're going to set up carbon taxes that will severely punish EU nations and the developing world by making them pay us for sequestering waste products' type argument. It would have to involved direct and tangible payments from other countries to the US for Trump to think it was a good deal.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Josh Lyman posted:

We all agree the correct pronunciation is cov-FAY-fay, right?

fay-fay is clearly the right pronunciation for the second and third syllable and the accent is on the second syllable, but is cov- pronounced as in cov-en or cov-ert?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I think the person most able to influence The Donald is whoever was last in front of him because he's a befuddled old piece of poo poo whose brain is rotting to its core and we're all subject to it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Sure glad the internet has incredibly important #covfefe business to distract from Trump just pulling out of the Paris Agreement.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought it was pronounced cov-fief. It's about the planned return to theocratic feudalism.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Meh, any other republican president would have done the same bullshit re:Paris accords

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

double nine posted:

Meh, any other republican president would have done the same bullshit re:Paris accords

Not sure this is true at this point

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Good news

Under the terms of the deal, the U.S. cannot officially withdraw until November 2019.

Bad news

But even an announcement that the country is looking to leave the deal shows that the White House has no plans to meet earlier targets for slashing greenhouse gas emissions.

That much was already clear. In March, Trump ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to review the Clean Power Plan ― a sweeping regulation passed by former President Barack Obama to limit emissions from the utility sector, by far the country’s biggest emitter. The policy was already stayed by the Supreme Court in February 2016 as a result of a lawsuit filed by former Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, who is now Trump’s head of the EPA. Without the Clean Power Plan, the U.S. wouldn’t even come close to meeting its goals laid out in the 2015 Paris Agreement.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_592dae29e4b0c0608e8bb885?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Good news

Under the terms of the deal, the U.S. cannot officially withdraw until November 2019.

We really need to knock those 2018 elections out of the park.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Well, Republitards distinguishing themselves as "deplorables" was a pretty good method of separating them from people with functioning brains, but now we can remove all doubt with a new signifier

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/869887986095280128

Also, just lol if anyone thought for a second that Trump gave a poo poo about the Paris climate accords, or that Jared loving Kushner or Barbie was going to even attempt to sway him or care at all.

e: wait a minute, Jared loving Kushner... JFK... :tinfoil: Maybe these guys would like to take an open-top drive around Dallas, lots of nice grassy knolls this time of year

What an awful loving post. "Republitards" and assassination talk. You loving moron.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ramos posted:

We really need to knock those 2018 elections out of the park.

Even then, a Democratic Congress can't just re-join the Agreement. Only the executive can do that.

They could pass legislation that brings the US into compliance with it though without being an official member of it, but Trump would almost certainly veto.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

terrorist ambulance posted:

What an awful loving post. "Republitards" and assassination talk. You loving moron.

thank you for your concern

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

The New Republic posted:

First of all, middle Americans go to church. Not temple. Church. God and Jesus Christ play important roles in their lives. Elite liberals are fine with expressions of faith among African Americans and Latinos, but we often seem to assume that white people who are religious are conservative. It’s not remotely the case.

Second, politics simply doesn’t consume middle Americans the way it does elites on the coasts. Many of these people have lots of friends—and sometimes even spouses—who are Republicans. They don’t sit around and watch MSNBC and talk politics. They talk kids, and local gossip, and pop culture, and sports. They don’t have a position on every issue, and they think Democrats and Republicans are equally to blame for partisan rancor and congressional gridlock.

Third, their daily lives are pretty different from the lives of elite liberals. Few of them buy fair trade coffee or organic almond milk. Some of them served in the armed forces. Some of them own guns, and like to shoot them and teach their kids how to shoot them. Some of them hold jobs in the service of global capital and feel proud of their work.

Fourth, they’re patriotic in the way that most Americans are patriotic. They don’t feel self-conscious saluting the flag. They don’t like it when people bad-mouth our country. They believe that America is mostly good, and that the rest of the world should look more like America.

:barf::barf::barf:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's right though. That post sucks. But fit being offensive even, really, just because "republitard" is something an unoriginal idiot would say

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

WeAreTheRomans posted:

thank you for your concern

it's worth pointing out people in the various incarnation of the Tormp thread have been perma'd for less. Lowtax really, really hates having to talk to the Feds

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Drone posted:

Even then, a Democratic Congress can't just re-join the Agreement. Only the executive can do that.

They could pass legislation that brings the US into compliance with it though without being an official member of it, but Trump would almost certainly veto.

Trump veto'ing is kind of a moot point, if there's a democratic congress, he's getting impeached as fast as possible and even if another Republican lines up and doesn't get impeached as well for all sorts of shared Russian connections, they'll probably stick with the Paris Agreement.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Glazier posted:

Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

:barf::barf::barf:

That's one of the most excitingly bad takes I've seen in a while, but I especially enjoy

quote:

Second, politics simply doesn’t consume middle Americans the way it does elites on the coasts.

Just because you have bad opinions and don't understand anything about the world, doesn't mean you can't cover your truck in MAGA stickers and spend all day parroting RWM talking points. How's that for being "consumed by politics"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ramos posted:

Trump veto'ing is kind of a moot point, if there's a democratic congress, he's getting impeached as fast as possible and even if another Republican lines up and doesn't get impeached as well for all sorts of shared Russian connections, they'll probably stick with the Paris Agreement.

This is a sweet thought and I appreciate it but c'mon

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

This is a sweet thought and I appreciate it but c'mon

But c'mon what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Booyah- posted:

this is good for ...

Jeb ... ? ... :(

jeb :(((((

JEBBBBBBBBBB

No, it's Gorka. The Dragon of Budapest shall rise! GORKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

• Locked thread