Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Yuki Whoa-noda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Thanks Ants posted:

That's because Yuki is good

yep. Yuki ftw

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

daslog posted:

F1 needs to come up with some kind of way to measure Dirty air coming off a car and then require the teams to meet a minimum threshold so the cars can follow each other.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Congrats on the boring race F1.

Congrats to Lando for forcing Max to wake up from his nap and try for the last 3 minutes.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
“Only Max could achieve a podium with that crap of a car. Lando should have won the race with ease, followed by Ferrari.
Perez got stuck in 2021 with only defending against Hamilton. What was he and RBR thinking? It was obvious even for me that it could cost them the race.

RBR is nowhere and they are going backwards. Soon even a driver like Max won't be able to make up for the gap.

And BTW, competing at two world class events (with stronger competition in iRacing) on the same day and winning both, should tell you how special this guy is.”

THIS IS WHAT VERSTAPPEN FANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wait what Max fans think he's outperforming a bad car rather than Perez just being wank?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tsunoda is pretty impressive. Too bad he fell back but eh.

Ricciardo is washed until proven otherwise.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Thanks Ants posted:

Wait what Max fans think he's outperforming a bad car rather than Perez just being wank?

Yes the narrative among certain parts of the fanbase it’s that it’s the 5th best car and the Mercedes-Benz engine has a 50HP advantage.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The last time Mercedes-Benz had that kind of advantage was 2016. It’s actually been worse than the Ferrari and Honda since 2022 by some margin, and was surpassed by Ferrari in 2017-2018/early 2019 (oil burning thing.) and Honda in 2021.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

THIS IS WHAT VERSTAPPEN FANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

every single one of them?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Who is the little gnome man that's been walking about the paddock this weekend. He's been in the background of loads of coverage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Ted Kravitz has just radioed in to let me know that Lando is a good lad and Perez is a binman, can anybody confirm?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Ted Kravitz has just radioed in to let me know that Lando is a good lad and Perez is a binman, can anybody confirm?

This is what I heard as well

Frond posted:

The last time Mercedes-Benz had that kind of advantage was 2016. It’s actually been worse than the Ferrari and Honda since 2022 by some margin, and was surpassed by Ferrari in 2017-2018/early 2019 (oil burning thing.) and Honda in 2021.

Those McLaren boys sure are performing miracles

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

everyone is saying this :hai:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

FAUXTON posted:

every single one of them?

Yes.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

drat, so much bitterness.

Max just lives racing and Perez is poo poo.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

perez has always been poo poo too it's no revelation lol. dude's claim to fame is being called a tire whisperer, an insanely variable thing especially year to year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember when McLaren gave Perez a shot after he overperformed in a Sauber and then realized their mistake after just one season, what's Red Bull's excuse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The problem Red Bull have is who wants to be the #2 at their team, a place where you're going to be reminded constantly that you're playing a support role. Sainz could be given a contract tomorrow to drive for them and I'm sure he'd rather wait for the end of the year.

Alaois posted:

remember when McLaren gave Perez a shot after he overperformed in a Sauber and then realized their mistake after just one season, what's Red Bull's excuse

Those McLaren years were dark times. poo poo cars in a team run by Eric Boullier.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 19, 2024

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
put ricciardo back at red bull obviously

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
for some reason schumacher's weird 4 stopper in france just came to mind. remember when ferrari could strategise?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

F1 needs to come up with some kind of way to measure Dirty air coming off a car and then require the teams to meet a minimum threshold so the cars can follow each other.

Why do people keep suggesting this literally impossible to measure and enforce idea

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Why do people keep suggesting this literally impossible to measure and enforce idea

They should make me head of the FIA and whenever Max is leading I will come up with new inventive ways to disqualify him

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Thanks Ants posted:

That's because Yuki is good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ilmucche posted:

for some reason schumacher's weird 4 stopper in france just came to mind. remember when ferrari could strategise?

We're checking.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

They should just make the cars less wide

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fluffdaddy posted:

They should just make the cars less wide

Making the cars smaller would be an actual good way to increase overtaking

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

looks like i missed a 200 post banger of a race

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Everybody shut the gently caress in about some stupid car race, I’ve got something important.

https://youtu.be/5D4UgPHOpbk?si=rEbFc2mdswh4tfr8

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I missed the first half of the race and had it on in the background until the last 10 laps which I think was the ideal viewing experience.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Didn't they just fill the wind tunnel a few years ago that you could put two cars in? So just shove both cars in there once a month and make sure that there isn't a certain deflection of air.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Say what you want about Checo, but he is dominating F1's coveted North American Drivers' Championship.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Everybody shut the gently caress in about some stupid car race, I’ve got something important.

https://youtu.be/5D4UgPHOpbk?si=rEbFc2mdswh4tfr8

Project Farm is getting too far out of his lane the past few months. Delving into products that don't have good quantitative measurements, doing too many measurements that don't actually mean anything with the use of the products, and has increasingly questionable methodology in his testing.

He is the Mercedes F1 of Youtube review channels.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is Indy 500 next week or week after?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Is Indy 500 next week or week after?

Next weekend; Memorial Day weekend here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Didn't they just fill the wind tunnel a few years ago that you could put two cars in? So just shove both cars in there once a month and make sure that there isn't a certain deflection of air.

What's a certain deflection of air? How do you measure that? Does this mean cars can't introduce aero updates between tests?

It's just obviously unworkable on the face of it. "Just do magic" alright I guess

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

What's a certain deflection of air? How do you measure that? Does this mean cars can't introduce aero updates between tests?

It's just obviously unworkable on the face of it. "Just do magic" alright I guess

Hire Newey to figure out the first two, and no aero updates between tests.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
simply make a rule that mandates aero must be epic and ftw, if you violate it you get a spanking

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I fell asleep when the commentary came back on and woke up for the last 2 laps. Seemed about the right way to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Where I'm wondering what happened is that while Lando and Leclerc were battling, Max expanded his lead out to about 7.5 seconds. Then one lap he just randomly dropped a full second. Then a few laps later he dropped almost a full second again. Lando put in some really quick laps to try to chase him down at the end, but I doubt he even tries without Max gifting him a whole bunch of time.