Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondii
May 31, 2003
King of The Cider Farm
I do a lot of lurking in this thread and easily the best part is every time Covok tries to do something positive (his version of positive), fucks it up, and gets yelled at. I hope he is never Bannoned-- err-- banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/MicahGrimes/status/898674446373756928

i'm the damnatio memoriae

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I just saw a rumour saying that Pence cut short an trip to get back for an emergency meeting about Korea/Afghanistan/"Strategy"? Might be a good chance the Military wants to ask if he's going to remove Trump.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is gish-gallop an actual term?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

And Trump literally made the position and named it "Chief Strategist."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

This is big, I think. He's basically setting himself up to tell his fans that trump has been captured by the bad guys and even if he doesn't attack trump that's going to split his nutjobs from Trump.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yes, well, you're a responsible citizen.

Fun related fact: trying to reply to a post causes the tweets to try to load again. :stonk:
I wish there was a like "emptyquote this post" button in the Awful App. It sucks to have to delete that much text on a phone.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

And Trump literally made the position and named it "Chief Strategist."

yeah that's what makes it so hilarious, trump gives him the title of "strategist" and then gets pissy every time he's referred to as a strategist because trump is a stupid child

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So there's basically no chance of an upswing with this administration, right? It's only going to continue to get more dysfunctional, alienated, and insular. If we're looking at 3.5 more years of decline, just how bad can we realistically expect it to get? At this point I wouldn't be that surprised if, maybe a year from now, Trump just said gently caress It and went golfing and never came back.

He's still probably close to 50-50 to win reelection.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

evilweasel posted:

This is big, I think. He's basically setting himself up to tell his fans that trump has been captured by the bad guys and even if he doesn't attack trump that's going to split his nutjobs from Trump.

Serious question: what are the chances that now things will turn into how they did in South Korea? With 90-plus percent disapproval and Nationwide marches asking for them to step down?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hmm the Alt Right is now claiming it was 4D chess that Bannon now gets to go back to Breitbart and fight for Trump against his enemies.

Can't wait until that first article comes out against him and it all goes to poo poo.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bondii posted:

I do a lot of lurking in this thread and easily the best part is every time Covok tries to do something positive (his version of positive), fucks it up, and gets yelled at. I hope he is never Bannoned-- err-- banned.

He doesn't deserve happiness and he doesn't deserve friendship.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

mcmagic posted:

Not that impressive when you don't have an opponent yet.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Covok posted:

Serious question: what are the chances that now things will turn into how they did in South Korea? With 90-plus percent disapproval and Nationwide marches asking for them to step down?

not anytime soon imo, but lord knows that in january i wouldn't have been able to begin to predict we'd be where we are now

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bondii posted:

It's a form of pushing boundaries where you know drat well you shouldn't do what you're doing, but you also know you can pretend you didn't know you knew drat well you shouldn't do what you're doing.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ice Phisherman posted:

Somehow I doubt that the new president pardoning someone for (potentially) treason, money laundering, lying under oath, human trafficking and kiddy diddling would go over well with his Christian evangelical base. If Trump gets impeached it's over for the republican party for at least four years.

Obama went out with high approval ratings and it (probably) led to it being over for the Democratic Party for at least 4 years.

But the evangelicals will stick with the GOP because dems want to smash fetuses.

Covok
May 27, 2013

“I feel jacked up,” he says. “Now I’m free. I’ve got my hands back on my weapons. Someone said, ‘it’s Bannon the Barbarian.’ I am definitely going to crush the opposition. There’s no doubt. I built a f***ing machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do.”

This sounds like a lot of Bluster. Isn't Breibart doing bad economically?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The thing i've been worrying about is what happens if my corrupt senator Menendez gets convicted of bribery?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's great how they have to stop the list multiple times due to it being physically impossible to say them all in time.

I watched it live. I lost it at the water.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Covok posted:

Is gish-gallop an actual term?

Before I put you on ignore, as I'm pretty sure most of the thread has after that tweet-spam, here's some helpful information:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gish+gallop

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ppj is good becuase she compaction cycles her tweet dumps

Covok
May 27, 2013

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

not anytime soon imo, but lord knows that in january i wouldn't have been able to begin to predict we'd be where we are now

In all seriousness, are the accelerationist right? I mean, we went full crazy and now all the statues are being taken down, a lot of the defense of the Confederacy is being shut down, there is tons of pushback from the business world, techworld, in general population against the right, and ObamaCare is more popular than it's ever been with many demanding Universal Health Care. I could go on, but it sounds like going full crazy helped a lot.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Who was the guy Sig-Heil'ing with the blonde on his arm? Like post #40 or something. It wasn't a tweet; looked like a picture on a phone.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

mcmagic posted:

The thing i've been worrying about is what happens if my corrupt senator Menendez gets convicted of bribery?

Honestly? We get Sheila Oliver to drop out of the race for LTG and ascend to Senatorship and proceed to kick some rear end in the Senate?

(At least that's one of my dream scenarios)

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

This is the dumbest bullshit anyone has ever said.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Calibanibal posted:

ppj is good becuase she compaction cycles her tweet dumps

Oh, she's a ladygoon? Good to know.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Comstar posted:

I just saw a rumour saying that Pence cut short an trip to get back for an emergency meeting about Korea/Afghanistan/"Strategy"? Might be a good chance the Military wants to ask if he's going to remove Trump.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

This is the dumbest bullshit anyone has ever said.

-everyone, Summer 2016

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Covok posted:

In all seriousness, are the accelerationist right? I mean, we went full crazy and now all the statues are being taken down, a lot of the defense of the Confederacy is being shut down, there is tons of pushback from the business world, techworld, in general population against the right, and ObamaCare is more popular than it's ever been with many demanding Universal Health Care. I could go on, but it sounds like going full crazy helped a lot.
Reflect on this opinion when the USA balkanizes after a brutal civil war, well within the next decade.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Who was the guy Sig-Heil'ing with the blonde on his arm? Like post #40 or something. It wasn't a tweet; looked like a picture on a phone.

That's the co-owner of Craft Draft 2 Go, a specialty tavern in Kalamazoo MI. It's one of the other stories in that tweet mess, but it shut down because of constant complaints and protesting.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In case you want to see Alex Jones being a total puss

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/898564886187450368
Fake as gently caress.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

-everyone, Summer 2016

Hillary was the 80/20 favorite. I still think that was right. Things that are 20% likely happen about one out of every five times they have a chance to happen.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh, she's a ladygoon? Good to know.

I'm a dude :ssh:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Comstar posted:

Probably going there to try and help Kelly stop Trump if he randomly decides to get up during the meeting and defecate all over the table. "No Mr. President you can't do that when the Joint Chiefs are here"

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not that impressive when you don't have an opponent yet.

Eh? Getting an opponent to attack will be nothing but a boon for Trump.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If there's one thing Trump should be good at it's surrounding himself with harmless yes-men. He's been at this a very long time. How does he not have a huge cadre of benign toadies who understand exactly how to stay in his good graces?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's hilarious how little respect he and his base have for trump without admitting it. Trump's been captured and influenced by the deep state! I thought the whole point of electing this moron was because he was a strongman and the bully in the room.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Dick Trauma posted:

If there's one thing Trump should be good at it's surrounding himself with harmless yes-men. He's been at this a very long time. How does he not have a huge cadre of benign toadies who understand exactly how to stay in his good graces?

It turns out staying in his good graces is really loving hard. Probably impossible long-term.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder who's gone by next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

Hillary was the 80/20 favorite. I still think that was right. Things that are 20% likely happen about one out of every five times they have a chance to happen.

If 2016 taught people anything, it should have taught them to never count out the shittiest candidate on the planet to win an election. Don't assume Trump won't win until the day after he gets impeached or the day after he loses the election.

• Locked thread