Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I bet most of these guys will be like "yeah we never met or did anything anyway it was a total waste of time," like the evangelical guy.

Trump's brand of business is making up bullshit boards of people who really do nothing but gently caress off and play golf all day, and whose resumes essentially rely on their name being on long lists of boards and investigatory action committees and other such :barf:

It's kind of amazing that someone who operates mostly on bullshit thought that they could just fire everybody in the way and rule by fiat. I wonder what it will read like in the history books in 100 years (if books are still being printed)

E;DT (edit dog tax)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

:explodingpsyduck:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

:explodingpsyduck:

Too bad Sherman didn't finish the job...

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

TGLT posted:

Part of his appeal is, ostensibly, his ties to business and how much business people love him. If tons of business people jump ship it hurts his brand there. Beyond that, eh. Like to be fair I don't think the arts committee means much.

edit: computer google accelerationist dog

This has got to be associated with that Orion's Arm scifi universe thing right?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

poo poo, I just read the wired article. I've bought gold from IGE before. I'm a loving nazi supporter :(

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Who was that fuckstain she was talking to?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Arrgytehpirate posted:

poo poo, I just read the wired article. I've bought gold from IGE before. I'm a loving nazi supporter :(

Forgive yourself. You didn't know. Now you do.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
This seems like a good time to point out that White supremacy/"immigration reform" outlet VDARE is named after Virginia Dare, history's first white anchor baby.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

TGLT posted:

For an accelerationist to actually call it, they need to prove their claim that poo poo getting worse is both necessary and sufficient, as well as their claim that it would then lead to things getting better instead of worse as is normal.

So accelerationism is axiomatically false, the opposite of a tautology? Like impossible /in principle/, because - for them to be right- they'd have to be /wrong/? Instead of predicting things get worse, they get better - and now their entire philosophy is outside the narrow definition allowed in this context?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

some fuckwit that belongs to the Son of the Confederate Veterans

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-brooke-baldwin-stunned-after-guest-compares-hitler-and-lincoln/

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This has got to be associated with that Orion's Arm scifi universe thing right?

No clue. Friend dropped it in a shared discord, and best I can tell it's from the pen and paper game called Starcluster 4. I guess it's a furry thing?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

You can find him here: North Carolina Sons of Confederate Veterans. So, probably a pretty levelheaded guy that was just taken out of context.

efb :argh: But HEY! Thay have a page of complete educational supplements to help you teach your kids in a yankee controlled school... You know, I'll just lat THEM tell it.

quote:

You may ask why any organization would undertake this task. We, the North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, feel it is important that you have the needed tools. The NC SCV Education Committee has prepared teaching materials for use by our teachers and the following are enclosed.

• Handouts for your students inviting them to participate in a statewide essay contest.
• A list of possible lesson plans (which follow the state guidelines) to help you during your presentation of history of 1861-65.

There are .PDFs
A sample-

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 19, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

KickerOfMice posted:

When you make a good joke you can really hit it out of the park. The covoking has to stop though. It's a menace to my default easygoing ways.

I mean, I argue that maybe being "easygoing" with how hosed everything is a bit flawed, I definitely win no favors with "covoking" which is why it's gotten less and less prevalent over the years.

Glad you liked the joke.

Prester Jane posted:

He is the Ringmaster for the "World Extreme Pencil Fighting League". Its a very very Seattle thing that somehow manages to be substantially faker than normal wrestling.

Edit: Beaten badly

This is dumb.

André René Roussimoff is rolling in his grave.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

A lot of this stuff is just plain mundane stuff that concerns dry material in the day to day operations of the United States federal government. In a way it's nice to have these things, which are usually abstracted from a typical person, come to light because it at least partially dispels the garbage narrative that we're some 'small town Main Street' type joint with the old-timey lunch counter and general store. We're a country of 320 some odd million people that spans 2.6 million square miles of land, is industrially advanced and contains like 4 thousand some-odd distinct municipalities and equivalent stitched into a federal republic with 50 distinct State entities. That takes a lot of heavy loving lifting by a huge number of people and constructs to support.

So, what happens when all these councils dissolve and we literally don't have people doing the heavy lifting?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Your Taint posted:

Secretary of Crazy Uncles

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/898568693944262656

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Uglycat posted:

So accelerationism is axiomatically false, the opposite of a tautology? Like impossible /in principle/, because - for them to be right- they'd have to be /wrong/? Instead of predicting things get worse, they get better - and now their entire philosophy is outside the narrow definition allowed in this context?

Let's flip it around.

Would you agree poo poo would be a lot better with Hillary in charge right now?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898718902200418306

uh...?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

I mean, I argue that maybe being "easygoing" with how hosed everything is a bit flawed, I definitely win no favors with "covoking" which is why it's gotten less and less prevalent over the years.

Glad you liked the joke.

This is dumb.

André René Roussimoff is rolling in his grave.

So, what happens when all these councils dissolve and we literally don't have people doing the heavy lifting?

No that joke sucked. Not that one.
Easygoing- Man, I don't even have to make an effort, and I don't even smoke weed! It just comes naturally.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 19, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Uglycat posted:

This isn't about theory or any of that. This is purely practical. The accelerationist argument is: by intentionally making everything worse, people will realize things could be better and join the revolution, thereby hastening the revolution. That is not a situation that has really ever been historically true, especially when "everything gets worse" means "power and wealth are concentrated into fewer and fewer hands." Proof would be a situation in which a system was made as awful as possible, which then did lead to everyone joining together to institute a better system. Like if Rome somehow went the opposite way, and the increasing violence in politics and patronage systems led not to naked dictatorship but an actual true democracy.

There is also the issue of "making everything worse" mean you will be morally responsible for hurting untold innocent people. To justify accelerationism you then would need to prove that A. there is no alternative and/or B. this will actually work. History doesn't really support either of those arguments.

edit: making everything words is my new electoral slogan. hire me dems.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Uglycat posted:

The claim Accelerationists make is this: "Capitalism is unsustainable, and will cause misery until it inevitably devours itself. Attempts to contain it only delay the inevitable, worse, they prolong the mad king's reign. The failure of revision or sometimes even revolution to seriously damage the imperialist- capitalist system means that the only option left is to wait for capital to come to its inevitable conclusion.

In fact, if you push the system, remove the restraints on the beast that is Capital, and accelerate its progress, that's, in the long run, the least cruel option. Capitalism cannot sustain itself, and will eventually collapse under its own weight. We should just get it over with, before Capital has a chance to wreck the world that will come afterwards. "

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 19, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

we can now build a memorial in washington dc for global war on terror veterans

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Bannon looks like a Ivan Albright painting brought to life

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sir, I asked if you'd like fries with that.

I probably like Uglycat about as much as you do, but can we please not do this?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

exploded mummy posted:

we can now build a memorial in washington dc for global war on terror veterans

but what of, perhaps more importantly, the meme war veterans?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

GreyjoyBastard posted:

but his posts are exactly the kind of poo poo that response exists for

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Covok posted:

I had found a tweet earlier that said that everyone who was in the vice video had been arrested. So, if anyone didn't like those guys when they were calling the death of Jews, they're all in jail now.

Some source for this would be fairly relieving.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I've never had the chance to do it and I just want to fit in :(

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Mazed posted:

The proper response to covoking of this strength is-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bMhf5BHzs&t=4s

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Office Pig posted:

We interrupt accelerator chat to bring you this.

https://twitter.com/oppstn/status/898648721151414276

Okay, that's all, thank you and bye.

countdown to baby hands insisting that he fired them.

e: crap this thread moves fast also i suck at posting and life

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sherman had the right idea, HE WAS JUST AN UNDERACHIEVER

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sherman had the right idea, HE WAS JUST AN UNDERACHIEVER

Yeah seriously. Do something stupid, Trump!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like the timing makes me sure the terrorism memorial is something terrible but I don't see how yet

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mazed posted:

I'm not sure how to find it, actually. It's in a pile of 200 unnamed twitter links and preview post doesn't make them show previews.

It might have just been they all had warrent put out for their rests, thinking back on it.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (

lol @ simple semi-savage

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Every time you post covok, I read it in a newscaster's type voice, an even Cleveland accent. Whenever you start to covok I just hear Nathan Lane, whom I love dearly. :iamafag:. But still. STOPIT.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 19, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ben Sasse has some false equivalency to spout...

https://m.facebook.com/SenatorSasse/posts/1356425404455401

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

n4 posted:

lol @ simple semi-savage

Welcome to the vocabulary of a guy born in the mid-1800s describing foreigners of a different race and religion.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Covok posted:

That's what we're going to find out. Soon enough the only functioning parts of the federal government will be the Department of Guzzling Gorilla Cum and the Council of Bathing in Millennial Blood.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like the timing makes me sure the terrorism memorial is something terrible but I don't see how yet

Um... the inscription will be something like "for all those who fought RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM" or whatever. And probably feature exaggeratedly hyper-racist depictions of brown people getting America-gently caress-yeah'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

WampaLord posted:

Let's flip it around.

Would you agree poo poo would be a lot better with Hillary in charge right now?

Pretty sure global climate change wouldn't have been significantly impacted. The pipelines are more than worrisome; if Clinton were in charge control of those pipelines might be further from Putin's influence. The Supreme Court would be more likely to be salvagable. I don't think Antifa would be a thing. Putin would still be using armies of hackers that employ persona management software to operate hundreds of fake accounts across dozens of platforms to infiltrate every possible social network and push narratives that empower his reign. I think there'd be a lot of gridlock, and the GOP would be hounding Hillary with non-sense and refusing to budge on anything. Women's Healthcare would certainly be better defended, and the EPA and such would be stronger (though that's still Federalism, which is not universally popular even among non-nazi populations). There would not be an overwhelming political movement bubbling that is truly intersectional, large, diverse, and motivated.

I don't know. I don't think I would agree, no.

edit: the 'Deep State' would be much more aligned with The Executive, which would be /differently aligned with 'The Banks', etc

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 19, 2017

• Locked thread