Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Android Apocalypse posted:

Halfway thru shoveling the 3" of ice & snow out of my driveway & walkway, my snow shovel broke.

Luckily I have my backup shovel that I keep in my car during the chance if I get stuck. Took a lot longer of course, but I finished clearing everything out…

8 hours later. :negative:

Now to enjoy a fire & a relaxing tea.

I admit before I read your post, when I saw the picture i was like "oh this must be some new ergonomic grip that makes shoveling easier!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We don't live in snow but we did visit it for the weekend to celebrate my birthday

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Things won’t get better unless all of us get involved with community organization and heck get into office.

Print the shirts - ehud for city council 2021
Greenville News: When local Tech Professional and avid weightlifter Ehud was asked during the debate "What church do you attend?" he responded with "I do not attend church." The attending crowd descended upon him, ripping him limb from very strong limb.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lolling at how many people's worship of Psaki lasted about a week

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1360321931405369347

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Literally can't see or hear her without thinking "Big Bob Psaki"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

I admit before I read your post, when I saw the picture i was like "oh this must be some new ergonomic grip that makes shoveling easier!"

It was an ergonomic shovel. It was pretty sweet in keeping my back from being hosed up. Alas having to break thru some nasty ice finally broke it lasted 10 years which isn't that much as it doesn't snow in Portland that often.

I want to get a replacement one but :lol: trying to get one right now during Snowpocalypse.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I broke a show shovel a few years ago when it dropped 4 inches before Christmas which is a lot for non-mountains NC. The problem is when the snow plows come along and dump a shitton of snow and ice right at the end of our driveway. For most of that I just use a regular dirt shovel and pick up the giant chunks and toss them aside. Did that for a while, rested, came back with the snow shovel and NOPE broke it where the handle meets the shovel part.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Judas and the Black Messiah was good, but the age of the actors takes away some of impact that most of the key people were in their teens or early 20s when all this happened.

ACAB as always.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
You gotta have a proper arsenal of shovels. One scraper for light stuff, one with closed sides for deeper stuff, and a big rear end metal grain shovel for mega deep and plowed in driveway duty.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Been re-watching some Marvel movies, in Infinity War ya'll ever notice how similar the Wakandans vs. army of gleep glorps battle is to the Gungans vs. droid army in Phantom Menace?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

AA I had a very similar extendable shovel for a long time in the trunk of my car.

Also thought about it outside today, but I'm guessing I'm not the only midwesterner who has a scraper and brush in my car year round.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Been re-watching some Marvel movies, in Infinity War ya'll ever notice how similar the Wakandans vs. army of gleep glorps battle is to the Gungans vs. droid army in Phantom Menace?

I had that thought to

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

General Dog posted:

The ending of Black Panther basically has the same structure as the end of Phantom Menace with the duel, “spaceship battle” and battle on the default Windows xp wallpaper.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Wakandans bravely throw themselves into the meat grinder in order to give a white yuppie couple some time to work out their problems.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

One thing I am happy for in winter.

The good porters are back baby.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

The Wakandans bravely throw themselves into the meat grinder in order to give a white yuppie couple some time to work out their problems.

The thing that always annoyed me was Captain America saying we don't trade lives. You are a soldier, Steve, your whole job is to be the guys who trade their lives for the freedom and security of your country but then you're cool with tossing Wakandans to die? Just asinine.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I like Bucky getting the Wakandan robot arm though, it’s kind of scans like he’s been on a long backpacking trip and got a tribal tattoo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Its Rinaldo posted:

The thing that always annoyed me was Captain America saying we don't trade lives. You are a soldier, Steve, your whole job is to be the guys who trade their lives for the freedom and security of your country but then you're cool with tossing Wakandans to die? Just asinine.

He was only trading lives at a 60% rate.

I'm sorry

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
He's Captain America not Captain Wakanda :v:

And then they kill Vision anyway

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

C-Euro posted:

I'm sorry

That’s pretty racist even for this thread

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Remember in Winter Soldier and Civil War when Bucky is shown to be on par with Cap and Black Panther in terms of powers, then he gets a new probably better Wakandan vibranium arm and proceeds to be the Avenger that just has a gun that shoots normal rear end bullets...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Why didn't he get the gun Smeagol got in his arm?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I'm sorry

Ehhh nah

Back on topic it is kind of insane that Wakanda is clearly the most advanced nation on earth and they still throw ground troops at the enemy instead of developing some sort of system of drones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Why didn't he get the gun Smeagol got in his arm?

Why hasn't Tony made a suit of armor for black widow? Even if he doesn't trust her completely why hasn't he made one for Happy Hogan - dudes had his back forever and shown balls way beyond his ability.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pops Mgee posted:

The ending of Black Panther basically has the same structure as the end of Phantom Menace with the duel, “spaceship battle” and battle on the default Windows xp wallpaper.
You mean the end of Return of the Jedi? They were in a forest and not generic grassland but the theme fits.

Big blockbuster action movies love elaborate final action sequences with interweaving locations and cast. I'd really like to know the first movie to switch between the threads at the end compared to a big single location set piece.

I bet it's Fritz Lang's Metropolis and the interweaving thread of the doctor fighting was just some stuff in the script and the footage was lost. Seriously, I watched one of the "this is the most footage we have" versions and then there's just title cards for sections where "We're pretty sure this happened :shobon:" is shown.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Back on topic it is kind of insane that Wakanda is clearly the most advanced nation on earth and they still throw ground troops at the enemy instead of developing some sort of system of drones.

but then what's your setpiece

e: funny enough they did that sort of thing successfully in GotG2

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Why hasn't Tony made a suit of armor for black widow? Even if he doesn't trust her completely why hasn't he made one for Happy Hogan - dudes had his back forever and shown balls way beyond his ability.

Tony sees the suits as his cross to bear. War Machine is stolen tech and Rescue was a contingency plan for Pepper when losing in Infinity War broke Tony.

Intruder posted:

but then what's your setpiece

e: funny enough they did that sort of thing successfully in GotG2

Put the dudes in a room VR-controlling bots. Bingo bango.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Why is Thanos in Endgame crueler, prouder, and less principled than he is in Infinity War? Are we to assume that his Hero’s Journey in Infinity War granted him some maturity and wisdom that the 2014 version didn’t yet have?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Tony sees the suits as his cross to bear. War Machine is stolen tech and Rescue was a contingency plan for Pepper when losing in Infinity War broke Tony.

Yet he gave Peter a suit and access to an attack satellite at age 15

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Remember in Winter Soldier and Civil War when Bucky is shown to be on par with Cap and Black Panther in terms of powers, then he gets a new probably better Wakandan vibranium arm and proceeds to be the Avenger that just has a gun that shoots normal rear end bullets...

Thats not fair at all, his arm clearly holds a racoon that fires space bullets.

:colbert:

Spoeank posted:

This is my cross to bear. Having machinery that puts me on par with literal gods.

Its a good thing Robert Downey Jr is perfect for that roll cause man it could go to poo poo in a hurry.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Yet he gave Peter a suit and access to an attack satellite at age 15

Peter is a smart but (formerly) reckless child who proved that the suits were a necessity to protect him (and who passed the "if you're nothing without the suit then you don't deserve to have it" test) that Tony sees as his heir. As for giving him thr satellite (yadda yadda yadda)

Paint Crop Pro posted:

This is my cross to bear. Having machinery that puts me on par with literal gods.

Its a good thing Robert Downey Jr is perfect for that roll cause man it could go to poo poo in a hurry.

He has PTSD in Iron Man 3 from Avengers. Tony also creates Ultron because he thinks he is the only one that can figure out a way to stop an alien invasion.

My wife and I are watching through the MCU so a lot of this is fresh to me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Put the dudes in a room VR-controlling bots. Bingo bango.

You can make him a suit of armor that just like... Stops him from having his head crushed like a grape if winter soldier hears the wrong nursey rhyme. You don't have to give him all the tech and flight bullshit. Just a suit of armor to keep your best buddy in the world safe when you put him in harms way.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Peter is a smart but (formerly) reckless child who proved that the suits were a necessity to protect him (and who passed the "if you're nothing without the suit then you don't deserve to have it" test) that Tony sees as his heir. As for giving him thr satellite (yadda yadda yadda)

He has PTSD in Iron Man 3 from Avengers. Tony also creates Ultron because he thinks he is the only one that can figure out a way to stop an alien invasion.

My wife and I are watching through the MCU so a lot of this is fresh to me

I honestly have not watched an Iron Man since the 1st one, so that is news to me

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s not like any important character development really carries over from movie to movie though...

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

He’s willing, but she’s seen him at his worst and put up with the worst of his insufferable poo poo, can you blame her for not wanting to deal with that? loving Stark would program it to only ever refer to her as “Hot Lips” or whatever, nobody wants to hear that all day long.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pops Mgee posted:

It’s not like any important character development really carries over from movie to movie though...

Ant Man learns close up magic and wins over his ex's new husband as well as Jimmy Woo with it :colbert:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ant Man learns close up magic and wins over his ex's new husband as well as Jimmy Woo with it :colbert:

And where was that close up magic in Endgame?

That would have been a better way to sneak the stones away from Thanos at the end.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Too busy having his mind blown over the fact Back to the Future is not a reliable source of rules for time travel

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Just caught up on The Expanse

Weirdly paced fifth season made all the weirder by what they did to Alex. I get the actor had to go but I'd have greatly preferred a recast. Still a good show, still hype for the last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

And where was that close up magic in Endgame?

That would have been a better way to sneak the stones away from Thanos at the end.

I prefer they used the other ant man theory to defeat thanos