Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That was a super messy game, but both teams deserve a ton of credit. Denver was pretty dominant all season and totally followed through, whereas the Heat came out of semi-nowhere and won hard fought series from play in to the finals. Really fun season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Does Bones Hyland get a ring

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

kingcobweb posted:

I’ve been posting about this team since I got I think it was NBA 2K11 and started following basketball again. I thought predicting a loss in the finals was a wildly optimistic hot take. I can’t express what this feels like

in 2011 I also thought "lose in the finals" was the mavs ceiling. lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Denver won the NBA months ago when Aaron Gordon did this:

https://youtu.be/gwhz9yXax3I

Tonight only confirmed that

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

having brought a title to denver i think hes earned the right to be called Fat Lever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Congrats to the Nuggets and their fans

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Tonight, once and for all, the issue is finally settled- kosovo IS serbia. Goongrats to all kosovans on their imminent reintegration into the motherland

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

OH MY loving GOD IT HAPPENED

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
You gotta retire 15 for jokic now, sorry melo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
lol sixers

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
like let Melo unretire so he can retire as like fuckin... 7 or something

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

ex post facho posted:

You gotta retire 15 for jokic now, sorry melo

Lol I didn't consider that but yeah he's definitely not getting his Kersey retired lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jimmy tried

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

disagree

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
they'll probably retire both 15s

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1668456733222621185

I don’t think they dodged any team that would have beat them, maybe the Celtics could challenge them if Silver made Spoelstra coach the Celtics but Denver looked like clearly the best team.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Denver probably shouldn't retire Melo's number.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

Denver probably shouldn't retire Melo's number.

they should retire it as an NFT

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Incredible to win finals MVP and lead playoffs in all 3 major stats without ever jumping or running faster than a slow jog

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I don’t think they dodged any team that would have beat them, maybe the Celtics could challenge them if Silver made Spoelstra coach the Celtics but Denver looked like clearly the best team.

Yeah but those low win % team beat the higher % win teams so

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Have to agree!

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1668457748613439488?t=W2h6bDAohvweuYcICc41rw&s=19

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The undisputed champions

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

this is why i love stuff like this, as if denver didn't make trades and sign free agents to build this team https://twitter.com/docktora/status/1668455245695926272?s=20

congrats to nuggets fans, y'all were my favorite team in the west and i definitely didn't expect the heat to make the finals but denver was who i was always most scared of

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
That was a really fun finals

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

trevorreznik posted:

That was a really fun finals

agreed

WhyteRyce posted:

I think the team gets to decide. Rings are a thing the teams do, so there's no league-wide rule or anything.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Bucks or Celtics if they could get out of their own way, maybe. But no. I don't think any team is currently set up to beat them.

We'll see next year - you need a guy who can punish the deep drop with off the bounce 3s or really hard to contain point guards. Steph, Dame, Ja, Luka, Tatum if he's on. Or someone who is strong enough that could really go at Jokic, which is like Giannis.

Maybe a healthy Clippers but, you know, lol.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The prophesy is complete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C76vQRpN3s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely happy for the Nugs.

Jokic's daughter is so adorable :3:

My only lament is MAGA Porter Jr. getting a chip. Rest of them are p. cool though and Jokic rules and was the Real MVP.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

jackofarcades posted:

Bucks or Celtics if they could get out of their own way, maybe. But no. I don't think any team is currently set up to beat them.

We'll see next year - you need a guy who can punish the deep drop with off the bounce 3s or really hard to contain point guards. Steph, Dame, Ja, Luka, Tatum if he's on. Or someone who is strong enough that could really go at Jokic, which is like Giannis.

Maybe a healthy Clippers but, you know, lol.

Kings or Cavs, you mean.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bostonjerry/status/1668458442166550528?s=46

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

agreed

I think the team gets to decide. Rings are a thing the teams do, so there's no league-wide rule or anything.

There are rules, players were worried about owners cheaping out, although only players on the playoff roster are guaranteed them. Players vote on the rest of the players (and then teams can give whoever they want in their org). But the times people vote no are exceedingly rare. Like Vernon Maxwell I'm pretty sure is the last guy to get voted out of a ring.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Lockback posted:

Kings or Cavs, you mean.

Fox is a guy I thought about but that defense is so bad. As strong as Sabonis is he's just gonna get bodied by Jokic right?

Cavs have a spacing problem. The Mobley/Allen setup is probably one of the best to guard Jokic, but I don't think they can guard the whole offensive system

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/1668458299887349760

crossposting my "gently caress off perk" take

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

There are rules, players were worried about owners cheaping out, although only players on the playoff roster are guaranteed them. Players vote on the rest of the players (and then teams can give whoever they want in their org). But the times people vote no are exceedingly rare. Like Vernon Maxwell I'm pretty sure is the last guy to get voted out of a ring.

Bones is absolutely a guy who seems like he would get voted out

Nuggets might give monte morris a ring before Bones

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rick posted:

iirc from some of the Denver Area Reporting, the players seemed even more pissed about Bones' stuff than the coaches. if it's up to them I bet he's not getting a ring

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
an absurd close out game but they won ugly on the home court. the drat Nuggets are the champions of the world - gently caress it feels good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

No rules, it'd need to be in the CBA and I am sure it isn't. But you're right, its very rare for guys not to get one.
https://en.as.com/nba/do-players-wh...ive%20a%20ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.