Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

It puts pressure on you, but it's not too bad. Just remember that you can hear him pretty well...and he can hear you pretty well.

Just out of curiosity, is X tethered to the player's location or does he actually roam freely and it's just bad luck or by your own fault as to when you run into him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity, is X tethered to the player's location or does he actually roam freely and it's just bad luck or by your own fault as to when you run into him?

Pretty sure the former. No matter how far I thought I had ran from him he always seemed to catch up. Also any noise you make (shooting at zombies) will obviously attract attention.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A few times I've been up on Floor 3 and seen him on the ground floor of the lobby wandering the other way, so I guess there's some variance to where he goes until he spots or hears you again. Not super sure, though.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I can’t hold out much longer. I’m really thinking of buying RE2 today. The hype is getting to me.

Anyone wanna reassure me that I won’t be too stressed out and feel too rushed via X GON GIVE IT TO YA to enjoy myself?

You'll be fine. Spoilers for Mr. X mechanics:
He's not a permanent part of the game and doesn't outstay his welcome, imo. So if you get to stressed, you can rush through the parts where he is present.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Update: still spooked, still probably buying the drat spooky game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WaltherFeng posted:

Im pretty sure none.

I mean once you create and share something in Dreams, it's out there on the servers. Anyone can grab it, customize it and pass it forward. It will credit the original creator but not sure how Nintendo lawyers are going to approach Sony and say

"Uhm, we need you to take down your game now"

"The servers" aren't a magical fantasy land where the rules don't apply. As long as all sharing goes through MediaMolecule services they have ultimate control over everything and could remove a share from everyone's account at once. If MM receives a DMCA claim and their response to it is to shrug and say there's no way to execute the takedown then they just get sued out of existence. Also Sony is going to insist on having this capability as a condition of release to limit their own liability.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
spider man is so dang cool. wow. the visuals just POP. but are there really no traversal upgrades? it feels like the default swing speed is just a bit low. you can get more speed with the l2 r2 x move but that feels lame compared to swinging.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does KH3 even count as a game

No

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Walrus posted:

spider man is so dang cool. wow. the visuals just POP. but are there really no traversal upgrades?

You can unlock the subway if that counts.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
no it doesnt :( the swinging is fun but i think Arkham Knight is still my favourite superhero traversal system in that case.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Walrus posted:

spider man is so dang cool. wow. the visuals just POP. but are there really no traversal upgrades? it feels like the default swing speed is just a bit low. you can get more speed with the l2 r2 x move but that feels lame compared to swinging.

If I’m remembering correctly you get faster swing speed from leveling up every few levels.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh I dont know how I missed the moves like point launch boost and charge jump. those should help.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spider-Man moves at a breakneck pace compared to Batman, it’s about combining zipline and point launch with learning how to cancel a swing early for more momentum.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stayed up until 1am playing KH3, it's good folks

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

haveblue posted:

"The servers" aren't a magical fantasy land where the rules don't apply. As long as all sharing goes through MediaMolecule services they have ultimate control over everything and could remove a share from everyone's account at once. If MM receives a DMCA claim and their response to it is to shrug and say there's no way to execute the takedown then they just get sued out of existence. Also Sony is going to insist on having this capability as a condition of release to limit their own liability.

That's for sure, but it isnt exactly what I meant to say.

But I digress, sure, Nintendo in particular might be stubborn enough to demand removing everything that related to Nintendo properties but I think most publishers are fairly accepting when it comes to fangames. Just look at all these PT remakes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Stayed up until 1am playing KH3, it's good folks

I stayed up until 1am playing FF12 :/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I stayed up until 1am with the flu!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I stayed up watching 70% of a 3 hour lecture on KH lore and I feel a powerful and deep regret.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I stayed up watching 70% of a 3 hour lecture on KH lore and I feel a powerful and deep regret.

Well hurry up and finish that last 30% then!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I stayed up until 2am playing RDR2 as I want it finished already so I can move onto other games.

Am now on Part 1 of the Epilogue, so hopefully just another ten or so hours to go....

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 29, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RareAcumen posted:

Hell yeah, KH3 brought back the Nobodies as enemies!

Do they try to stab your eye out

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I went to bed at half 9 last night cuz drat man 10 hours sleep is better than any videogame

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Honestly I think most people would be a lot more well served with the 20 minute summary the game has on the main menu. It skips a buncha of details and boils it down to the essentials. Kinda reminds me of how Yakuza 4 and such handled it, although those were actually pretty long.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I'm 80 hours into Metal Gear Solid V and I'm only on mission 30. I just unlocked the multiplayer bits over the weekend. This game is massive.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Necrothatcher posted:

I stayed up until 2am playing RDR2 as I want it finished already so I can move onto other games.

Am now on Part 1 of the Epilogue, so hopefully just another ten or so hours to go....

I felt the same way by that point. I couldn't even garnish the interest in completing the epilogue. I should go look that up. I burnt myself out too much on collectathon poo poo I'd never end up finishing anyway. Making the ultimate satchel was absolutely worth it, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm 80 hours into Metal Gear Solid V and I'm only on mission 30. I just unlocked the multiplayer bits over the weekend. This game is massive.

It owns so much. I can’t believe I got it for free I sunk so much time into it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it's crazy how big mgs5 is while also feeling so empty and incomplete

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Only thing I didn’t care for was how long some of the later upgrades took to unlock. But replaying missions to get all the soldiers and unlock and figuring out fun ways to break the game was so loving awesome.

If you want to see a game broken check out perfect stealth runs in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV90n64vyts

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Mgs5 is great because there is so much going on in missions that you don't really know Bout until you replay to do additional mission tasks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JBP posted:

I stayed up until 1am playing FF12 :/

That’s good too

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With regards to X in RE2 it seems pretty simple from what I’ve seen. He’s somewhat tethered to the player in that he’ll show up if you haven’t seen him in a while but I’d also say he is, for a time, somewhat persistent for the wing (east or west) of the station that he lost track of you in.

There’s one large room in one wing of the police station where I believe 3 different routes to get to it converge so it’s where a lot of people are getting a bit more annoyed with him. They’ll lose him in the corridors near this room and then immediately return to it only for him to stomp back in. It seems unless you actually lead him out of an area before losing him in a safe room in the opposite wing or an area with multiple exits he’s going to stay somewhat close to where he was chasing you.

Though there is one specific part of Leon’s time with X just before leaving the police station that can be particularly brutal if you aren’t prepared for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It depends on what playthrough you're on too, A and he leaves you alone for a fair bit, B and he's constantly on your rear end.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sakurazuka posted:

It depends on what playthrough you're on too, A and he leaves you alone for a fair bit, B and he's constantly on your rear end.

Yup, on my B playthrough it seemed like he was just on my rear end at all times. I was constantly luring him and looping around certain rooms just to get to other areas. Definitely more aggresive than my A playthrough.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You definitely see him in B more than A but there’s also a point in the middle of B where he’ll go away again. Going down to the garage and finishing that area until you need to come back up despawns him until you douse the helicopter

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

1000 hours and we are tied

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/TheBlackNerd/status/997636110632308741

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Walrus posted:

oh I dont know how I missed the moves like point launch boost and charge jump. those should help.

If you begin webswinging out of a dive your swinging wil be faster. Spider-Man will eventually go into a dive on his own if you fall far enough or you can trigger it with L3.

Also, what Bust Rodd said below. If you jump-cancel out of your swing just as you come out of the bottom you'll keep the speed up.

Bust Rodd posted:

Spider-Man moves at a breakneck pace compared to Batman, it’s about combining zipline and point launch with learning how to cancel a swing early for more momentum.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We still talking about Mr. X?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnDe6pszaxs

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Point launch is really key to keeping your speed up in Spider-Man. There's an upgrade that makes your launch more powerful, get it ASAP. You can abuse the hell out of it and just point launch across rooftops like a human flea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

acksplode posted:

Point launch is really key to keeping your speed up in Spider-Man. There's an upgrade that makes your launch more powerful, get it ASAP. You can abuse the hell out of it and just point launch across rooftops like a human flea.

The upgrade to be able to zip twice in a row without losing much height is also great for bridging long gaps so you don't have to wait as you fall to a height for swinging and to get close enough to a launch point, especially in Central Park.