Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I’m guessing that Smith guy’s testimony was only going to amount to “what are campaign finance laws anyway?” followed by a bunch of “heeey, c’mon.”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol "calm the gently caress down"

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

eke out posted:

i do wonder if we're going to get another contempt motion for the explicit statements by trump's congressional accomplices that they came at his behest to attack Merchan's daughter to violate the gag order

Please let this be true. Plus Trump said he was going to figure the gag order.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Which team is Bove on again?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He's one of Trump's guys.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump and his team are trying to get this guy on the stand so that he can say "as a former chair of the FEC (under trump), I can say with expert authority that these weren't crimes that they were covering up" to try to get the charge to a misdemeanor instead of a felony.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Frankie Merchan say relax.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's one of Trump's guys.

should change it to Dove

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Heres a handy dandy rule with the names of legal people in the case : Italian food or cattle : trumps dick is a rattle.

Almost Smart posted:

Frankie Merchan say relax.

Trump : "I'm gonna cum."

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Mechan is showing a fair and balanced hand blocking trumps quack witness, "no toadstool dick descriptions" was a blow to the Soros funded left and the judge knew he had to even things out lest his courtroom be biased

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

staberind posted:

Trump : "I'm gonna cum."

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If this were allowed, every criminal defendant could bring in their experts to tell the jury “ehhhh, what are laws, anyway?”

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Alan, this is your president speaking. I am asking you to not cum

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“Alan, I am asking you not to remove your underwear”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

poisonpill posted:

If this were allowed, every criminal defendant could bring in their experts to tell the jury “ehhhh, what are laws, anyway?”

I mean you kind of already can if you're rich and your lawyers aren't totally stupid.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

poisonpill posted:

“Alan, I am asking you not to remove your underwear”

Mr. Dershowitz are you aware that you are not wearing any pants?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Idiot Rudy, should've called it "Wake up, sheeple!" coffee.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

wtf, Dershowitz? the epstein whitey tighty massage lawyer? wtf is up with trump I know he has no concept of whats a good look, but LOL

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Renreeja posted:

wtf, Dershowitz? the epstein whitey tighty massage lawyer? wtf is up with trump I know he has no concept of whats a good look, but LOL

Trump would be cool with bin Laden if he was complimentary and expressed support for him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Renreeja posted:

dersh got a guy off for murder and stayed out of prison himself for touching children, that's the best look to trump

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’d be annoyed about our inbred shitbag AG Alan Wilson being up there, but honestly it’s a solid distraction from his normal business like suing the federal government over integrated schools, crushing kittens underfoot, or whatever other sick hobbies he enjoys.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
All week? Lemon, it's Monday

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Oh god, Cohen is that kind of taxi medallion dirtbag?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Trump would be cool with bin Laden if he was complimentary and expressed support for him.

He's cool with Hannibal Lecter for being complimentary and expressing support for him, despite Hannibal Lecter not complimenting him or expressing support for him and also Hannibal Lecter not technically existing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

there was a big article in the nyt about the guys who screwed because of uber

I know "good" is probably the response but drat it's was brutal for the working class guys who got stuck with the bag

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

I'm immensely bored with Cohen on the stand at this point. I wonder if the jury is too.

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

TontoCorazon posted:

Is there another kind?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

GoonGPT posted:

I'm immensely bored with Cohen on the stand at this point. I wonder if the jury is too.

There's no cohesion to the cross. Blanche jumps from point to point with no narrative.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

kazil posted:

There's no cohesion to the cross. Blanche jumps from point to point with no narrative.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that noone could interrupt it was really quite hypnotic.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
It was said a few pages back but, I find it very amusing that Chuck Zito showed to support Trump. Chuck was on Howard Stern’s show a lot, and the most they interacted with was at Scores (a strip club) like 25 years ago.

Pretty deep dive.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

GoonGPT posted:

No man this is high drama. According to CNN, the prosecution desperately needs to "rescue" Cohen's testimony because at one point it was implied the cut off recording phone call was too short to discuss two topics.

If you missed that classic Petty Mason moment I'm guessing the jury did too.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

kazil posted:

I get that the only chance the defense has is to discredit Cohen and hope that he drags the rest of the case down. Also Trump mad and wants Cohen destroyed. But how much damage are they doing to their own case by continuing to badger away at him.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

VanOwen posted:

Is there another kind?

I just meant that's an extra level of dirtbag added to Cohen's repertoire

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

GoonGPT posted:

too bored to remember what crimes you committed for who??

case closed :smuggo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

GoonGPT posted:

I get that the only chance the defense has is to discredit Cohen and hope that he drags the rest of the case down. Also Trump mad and wants Cohen destroyed. But how much damage are they doing to their own case by continuing to badger away at him.

the constant jumping back and forth can't be helping them either, it comes across as very unprepared and improvised and is really hard to follow