Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Stop calling him Bebop! HE HATES THAT NAME! The ladies dont like pigs man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I love how Bebop and Rocksteady are comical, but not incompetent, considering how they succeeded in their initial goal and all.

ALso they're just fun characters as a whole.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Mighty Mutanimals! Turtle Blimp! Kraang Sub-Prime! Technodrome!

That was some good TMNT.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
All told, that was a pretty good season finale. Only real questions now is how do they follow up on repelling the Krang invasion.

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005

Agent Rush posted:

All told, that was a pretty good season finale. Only real questions now is how do they follow up on repelling the Krang invasion.

There's like ~10 more episodes in this season, hopefully without any more breaks.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

pattywacker posted:

There's like ~10 more episodes in this season, hopefully without any more breaks.

Wow, really? I just thought it was because all the other finales have been 2-parters.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I usually skip past the intro but ended up watching it this time. Did I see Mondo Gecko in there?

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

I usually skip past the intro but ended up watching it this time. Did I see Mondo Gecko in there?

I believe you're right.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yep:

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
So a new episode dropped on Sunday, I thought that the week before was the last one.

This one gave me many great chuckles. I especially liked how that hockey puck landed right on target, and a great callback to the 1989 movie that happened later.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This week's episode is a good return to form for the series. Good action, decent script, and I loved the Bruce Lee homage for Hun. Even some good Enter the Dragon-esque music.

I would like them to poo poo or get off the pot when it comes to Karai, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
My favorite part of the two-parter was Gilbert Gottfried starring himself.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just catching up with the UK airing. Huh. Who knew Seth Green was a good action cartoon voice actor?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I approve of the Toxic Avenger/Swamp Thing's biggest problem in this episode is his own feelings at being mutated instead of being threatened by the turtles or Bebop and Rocksteady. You don't fight a trash elemental, son.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Pretty sweet episode, so cool to see Shredder taking on all eight of them.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Also a plus that they were aware of the whole "Remember who you are!" cliche around mind control and made Leo and Donny be a little more creative in that they had to actively bait Raph and Rockwell into asserting the most powerful aspects of their personalities.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Some more foreshadowing of Raph becoming the next Shredder, huh?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

horriblePencilist posted:

Some more foreshadowing of Raph becoming the next Shredder, huh?

That's something that is extremely interesting and I've been yearning to see it go forward ever since Spirit Quest.

Just started watching the latest episode and Baxter made Karai human at some point off-screen apparently! looked to see if maybe the episode was out of order or soemthing but nope. Man, season 3 is loving flawed.

e: this was still an amazing episode, tho, goddamn that punch was badass

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 17, 2015

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I liked the episode action-wise, but there was definitely some lazy writing going on. Did the writers change from the first season?

Also Karai looks cool except for those snake-arms, which will never cease looking stupid as hell.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Usually non-filler episodes tend to be very good but I guess they can't all be winners. Great job on animating Leo's Knockout Punch on Karai, though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm mad that they don't use any of those cool forest training weapons outside of one episode. You can't just make loving flamethrower claws and never use them again!

Did season 3 end yet or are they holding out until Summer to finish it off?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That last episode was 18/26, so we still got a good chunk of season to go. Next episode apparently airs in June 14 or something and is called Turtles in Time.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
No opinions on the new episodes?

Really loved the "steal your soul" line.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's been pretty okayish lately, the episode with Oroku and Yamato was awesome, but the latest one felt a bit off, like the third act was inserted just to make Kaiju and Attack on Titan references.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Dump of DOOM!!!!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Shredder's got quite the mutant gang now. I'd love an episode seeing what a typical day is like for all of them.

Oh man, Triceratons are coming! Things are really picking up again.

TheFattestPat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 15, 2015

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That was a great take on Zog. Too bad the Mutanimals outright disappeared after the first act.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Just started watching the third season of this. Every episode is a crazy horror movie pastiche full of super deep cuts from the old poo poo and now one of the bad guys is Ratfink. Awesome.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Head down, horns up soldier!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mad props to Shredder, I only wish I could hold a grudge like he can.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
oh hey this thread is getting a scant few posts again, has season 3 gotten better?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Acne Rain posted:

oh hey this thread is getting a scant few posts again, has season 3 gotten better?

I just got caught up to Episode 22 and I'd say yes. Lots of fun and bringing in Robbie Rist to voice Mondo Gecko was inspired genius. And the two part time travel episode was fantastic. Leo's voice still sucks but everything else has been great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just saw the season finale, pretty strong stuff. The most tragic thing this season is that the space stuff is now much more interesting than the Shredder stuff because of how boring and obtuse the handling of Karai is.

We actually got to see in this season finale none other than Bishop. And it turns out he and other Krang defected from the Hivemind and call themselves the Utrom, which is awesome. And that one cool-voiced Krang defected from them, so that's why he's so autonomous. Pretty great stuff in the season finale, I seriously love how Shredder once again goes "Okay, so, the entirety of the planet is at risk, by all means life as we know it would be destroyed if I don't team up with Splinter. ...Oh man he's not gonna see my backstab coming!!"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
TMNT going Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy via Fugitoid? Yes, please.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Inkspot posted:

TMNT going Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy via Fugitoid? Yes, please.

Time Travel is going to be involved again to revive the earth and Splinter. That has to be the reason they introduced Renet this season. No way this ends without Splinter coming back.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

The chase scene in the Technodrome has robots with electric whips, a nod to the arcade games.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Also, Where is Zog?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

Time Travel is going to be involved again to revive the earth and Splinter. That has to be the reason they introduced Renet this season. No way this ends without Splinter coming back.

Totally agreed. Shredder murdering Splinter and then a black hole consuming the entire earth is rad enough to merit that.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Holy poo poo that season finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Anyone else think the Triceraton cockpit gibberish were just straight out of Star Fox?

Great season finale. Really enjoyed the season as a whole though it did meander at the start it was at least having fun at all times.

• Locked thread