Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I'm not going to bother looking it up, but my gut tells me Patriots back-up QBs do really well in the NFL as starters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I guess the benefit of trading or a Jimmy G vs waiting for free agency is you get to try him out for a half a year and if he sucks you can either sign him cheap or let him walk. If you wait til free agency you might end up paying way more for him than he ends up being worth.

Watch as Jimmy beats Flynn's record and demands an outlandish contract. :v:

Adun posted:

I mean don't the Packers, Cards, and Dolphins have higher priority and a greater need?

Oh yeah, waivers.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

whypick1 posted:

Oh yeah, waivers.

No waivers for vested vets. He'll go wherever he wants.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My head is loving spinning

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Coldforge posted:

No waivers for vested vets. He'll go wherever he wants.

Ah forgot about that. Although maybe he wants to compete for a starting job somewhere?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Adun posted:

Ah forgot about that. Although maybe he wants to compete for a starting job somewhere?

lol where? Maybe if he went back to the Browns but he already experienced that shitshow

If I'm the Dolphins I 100% prefer Matt Moore over him and that's the only other possibility I can come up with

e: Oh or maybe the Packers but lol no Brian Hoyer isn't saving the Packers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Brian Hoyer is gonna go to the Cards and he and Gabbert will combine forces to beat the Niners.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
If the Pats really wanted Hoyer wouldn't they have just included him in the trade or are there salary cap shenanigans abound?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Adun posted:

I mean don't the Packers, Cards, and Dolphins have higher priority and a greater need?

we have stanton and gabbert and i have to imagine we had first dibs on hoyer for 2013 but we got palmer/stanton instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Brian Hoyer is gonna go to the Cards and he and Gabbert will combine forces to beat the Niners.

Oh I forgot about the Cardinals

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

pats got a 2nd for their backup who was gonna walk anyway

DO NOT TRADE WITH THE PATRIOTS

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Intruder posted:

I am now a Seattle Seahawks fan

Why?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What in the hell???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Because Duane Brown is a Seahawk and I'm in "gently caress the Texans" mode based on this trade and Bob McNair's comments

Nov 6, 2002

Good time to post this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/jimmy-garoppolo-patriots-future-quarterback-awkward-2017-10

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
What this Patriots trade really says to me is "Bill Belichick is going to retire when Brady does and doesn't give a gently caress about the roster after that"

Which I'd be fine with if I were a Pats fan tbh

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Bill Belichick clearly afraid to coach without Tom Brady

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Brian Hoyer fuckin rules if you only use him in the fourth quarter.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Intruder posted:

Because Duane Brown is a Seahawk and I'm in "gently caress the Texans" mode based on this trade and Bob McNair's comments

Not the Seahawks man :(

Nov 6, 2002

Man, I'd love this trade if they still had Jacoby.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yaws posted:

Not the Seahawks man :(

The Seahawks are the most woke team in the NFL

Nov 6, 2002

So after drafting Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round of 2014, they turned him into a .... 2nd rounder. Great return on that three year investment.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Picks tend to be worth less than their draft position unless they're amazing

Also it's a higher pick in the 2nd round than the Pats spent

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
please let the pats sign kaep

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What the gently caress Bill you can't draft for poo poo! Better trade that pick away for someone really loving good because goddamn we now have no backup QBs and a draft pick that we'll grab another loving running back with. :suicide:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The NFL has been rigged for the Patriots for well over a decade. John Lynch confirmed in the plot. They let him be a GM because they had him by the balls by giving him a super bowl ring when they were cheating Al Davis out of his, and now they called for their chunk of flesh. Joins Sean Payton who was allowed to keep his ring he cheated to get on condition he'd help the pats where possible

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

The Seahawks are the most woke team in the NFL

The FO of the Seahawks are great at letting players be themselves, and if they do intervene it is done privately. I love having Bennett, Doug, and Sherm being representatives of the Seahawks.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They never broke Al Davis but they did manage to exploit him once he got Alzheimer's and they conned him into the Seymour and Randy moss trades.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Bucs also have ties to the plot with the the Logan mankins deal. Lynch won a ring with them. Two points make a line.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I know these are jokes but it would be hilarious if there were NFL/Pats execs somewhere reading this going :tinfoil:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Let me never forget where I was when I first heard we’d traded for Jimmy Garofolo: at a bar, eating a burger and getting drunk watching much better teams*.

* yes even the broncos

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love this trade. Tom Brady is playing forever.

Okay, reading the last three pages now

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
When does the Patriots' hubris finally catch up to them?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TheChirurgeon posted:

What this Patriots trade really says to me is "Bill Belichick is going to retire when Brady does and doesn't give a gently caress about the roster after that"

Which I'd be fine with if I were a Pats fan tbh

I want for nothing beyond Brady and Belichick and Gronk.

Let the sport die for all I care once they're gone, give me more of that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The NFL only agreed to reinstate Ricky Williams if the dolphins agreed to trade Wes welker to the pats.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aaron Hernandez was planning on revealing all of this to his lawyer to clear his conscience but the cops had his cell tapped and the league found out his plan beforehand. They told his wife they'd kill their daughter if she said anything. Make it look like an accident

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

An exciting trade deadline. The NFL finally managed it.

God I'm so stoked. Tom Brady isn't secretly planning to retire. This is going to keep going. fffffucckkk yeah.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 31, 2017

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I look forward to us signing JG to a Flynn-style contract and then getting him murdered by playing half a season behind the backups for our already-unspectacular offensive line.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Texans getting rid of Duane Brown is some real "cut off your nose to spite your face" poo poo, given how much their o-line sucks to begin with.

Fuckin' swamp person owner lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

the boston thread is unanimous, we want kaep

• Locked thread