Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The card owned, welcome to the darkness world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

if hiromu wins only the ic belt off of evil then i'll say they did something wwe

See, I disagree, Naito and everyone here have been saying all along that unless you're unifying them, there needs to be a way to split them, and EVIL saying he'll only defend the 'lesser' belt against Hiromu is a good DICK move for a heel. Plus it adds intrigue. No-one believes they'll put both titles on Hiromu, but the intercontinental? I can see that. (Actually, I can 100% see them doing it in order to have Hiromu drop that title to Ospreay as part of his inevitable push)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media. so you think a wrestler showing blatant disregard for their own intercontinental championship would get over? Fools.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Top 10 saddest anime deaths

...will be what the Naitailures think when KING OF DARKNESS EVIL defeats the bastard Naito to become KING OF DARKNESS AND ALSO NJPW

Spuckuk posted:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Are you loving making GBS threads me? First double champ, sidelined for months by coronavirus... Loses on his second loving defense????? gently caress off

Edit: Sorry, Naito is my favorite and I feel like he's just poo poo on constantly (no big victory speech at the end of WK, etc)

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

EVILs new theme is so goddamn good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Are you loving making GBS threads me? First double champ, sidelined for months by coronavirus... Loses on his second loving defense????? gently caress off

Edit: Sorry, Naito is my favorite and I feel like he's just poo poo on constantly (no big victory speech at the end of WK, etc)

It was a tight spot, unfortunately. They're down their two top heels, so turning EVIL, when he was apparently already in line for a big run makes sense, and with him jumping to BC, he kinda had to win otherwise the turn becomes a wet fart.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Were any IWGP Heavyweight champions also a freelancer during their reign?

I’m curious because if that was the case, folks like Minoru Suzuki or SANADA would’ve easily had that title. Having EVIL in this spot instead of the ones mentioned is okay i guess.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dancing Peasant posted:

Were any IWGP Heavyweight champions also a freelancer during their reign?

I’m curious because if that was the case, folks like Minoru Suzuki or SANADA would’ve easily had that title. Having EVIL in this spot instead of the ones mentioned is okay i guess.

Muto in 2009 was probably the last one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No, and this has been cited as why neither MiSu nor Ibushi have held it. Both had the IC belt, but never the world title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

No, and this has been cited as why neither MiSu nor Ibushi have held it. Both had the IC belt, but never the world title.

And with Suzuki even getting the IC belt took forever to happen

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely agree. I loved the Naito story, loved that he finally got his redemption and fairytale ending, and it sucks that he didn't get at least a few months of title defenses. This being the ending to his title reign really sucks, and I say that as somebody who really digs EVIL.

All of this. Putting two belts on EVIL is a bit weird but whatever. Naito's run truncated by coronavirus... well, I expected it and I’m still sad.

Dick Togo has been one of my faves forever. First Japanese wrestler I saw live and I have a picture of him and me from one of those early ROH shows. He can still go and this will help the juniors potentially.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're probably kicking themselves that Liger retired in January.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Spuckuk posted:

everything is evil

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

They're probably kicking themselves that Liger retired in January.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

After 31 years Keiichi Yamada finally returns to wrestling!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wouldn't want them to sully the retirement. Chris and Tana cried!

Gumball Gumption posted:

After 31 years Keiichi Yamada finally returns to wrestling!
This I'd be down with. Charlie Brown From Outta Town/Midnight Rider angles are one of my favourite wrestling things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wrong thread and this one can prob be closed anyway