Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

You'd tell me if you were scum, right hermano?

I just want my kids back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nah I’m literally just tryna survive!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

What do you even have to say about the meniges cell not being a real cell mae?

Toal was right, unless Sand wants to share a specific blurb from his PM I don't see meninges cells. The thought occured to me that you are meningitis and Toal was your target. Each scum - town hasn't been randomly paired as in the bacteria and cells are aligned ... Voodoo was chlamydia (STD) and his target urogenital cells, IA was salmonella (food poisoning) and target was gut epithelial cells. Meninges are composed of fibroblasts.

I tried to look at the flipped VT players but that won't really get us anywhere with what's been revealed. It felt like you wanted to keep Toal around for a particular reason but once they started talking about flavor it was getting too risky and you had to cut them loose.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

There's my science homework for the day

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

So what's the best way to do this so Sand doesn't win? (I'm still bitter about Squid Game, lol)

The only way for town to win is just to non execute or hit scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If we no execute merk’s gonna kill you Maerlyn because he can’t risk being seen doing a killing at this point

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm in 3 games now, I welcome death

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This is gonna end today period, I'm not no lunching. I hosed up on my case on Toal but I still just think you're scum Sandypants. I'm hoping somber will join me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

This is gonna end today period, I'm not no lunching. I hosed up on my case on Toal but I still just think you're scum Sandypants. I'm hoping somber will join me.

As Sandwolf, why not just claim vt if he's scum? It's a heck of a gambit to claim survivor yesterday when we had a free elimination.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Somber believes master scum tactician merk bussed all of his scum buddies just to Hail Mary in lylo and go completely against what he should do by advocating we eliminate a survivor instead of sitting back and passively letting us get to no elimination. That is somehow more believable than town merk being fallible and advocating a wrong elimination once.

There were such scum master plan hits like “I am voting Voodoofly through deadline” when presented with a RF elimination, and the track that was #1 for ten straight weeks of voting IA and holding that vote forever after Maerlyn claimed. It’s perfect scum strategy to setup for endgame where the brilliant general merk then squanders it by advocating to eliminate the survivor instead of working with the survivor.

But somber saw it all. Good thing he’s here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sandwolf claimed survivor because it worked.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Survivor neatly explains his lurking, detached play which I’ve said over and over is his scum meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Find me any game in my entire career here where I bus my scum buddies even half this hard and I’ll vote myself. If I find a lazy Sandwolf scum game first, would you vote him (I already know which one so I’m cheating)?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, actually serious this time. I'm done trolling you Somb. Going to enjoy the weekend here.

Let's just lose. Can we get this loss over with please?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, somb or Maerlyn, if you are trolling me right now as scum, just loving bravo. Mafia awards winner for whatever category right there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmfao angry merk whips up some hits I gotta say

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Find me any game in my entire career here where I bus my scum buddies even half this hard and I’ll vote myself. If I find a lazy Sandwolf scum game first, would you vote him (I already know which one so I’m cheating)?

Does it count if it was me you were bussing lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

As Sandwolf, why not just claim vt if he's scum? It's a heck of a gambit to claim survivor yesterday when we had a free elimination.

Merk had already called him as scum, claiming VT is not going to save him.

Also looking at the big picture, I see town merk thoughts throughout the game. Somber I don't play with you as often so more iffy but your claim going uncountered is a point for your being town. Just purely process of elimination it's Sand, but there are scummy posts that I pointed out earlier.

The evidence that merk is scum is he didn't vote out the survivor?

If merk voting out a scum buddy is really in his wheelhouse I'd like to hear about it, because I just can't believe he'd do it unless it was a colossal gently caress up. He was just scum in monster mash and wouldn't say poo poo about other scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Merk opens day three having 'convinced himself not to vote IA.' he makes an RF case instead. I reject the narrative that merk bussed his entire team.

Why did merk bus voodoo?

merk posted:

because it worked.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I gotta trust my gut.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Merk opens day three having 'convinced himself not to vote IA.' he makes an RF case instead. I reject the narrative that merk bussed his entire team.

Why did merk bus voodoo?

Sorry if I'm wrong but I gotta trust my gut.

And that feels accurate for merk on a meta level? He'd bus a scumbuddy (on D2!) for an unknown benefit over keeping a strong team? I don't believe a scum merk wouldn't have pushed me for a bad vote D2 but Sand did.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

somber... it’s okay... do what you have to do... we could all use an end to this game

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Emotional appeal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

somber... it’s okay... do what you have to do... we could all use an end to this game

I really don't want to let merk win if he's scum 😔

##vote no one

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay gg ##vote sand

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: You spent all that time arguing and Sandwolf is who you chose to hammer? Wow.

Votecount for Day 5

Sandwolf (3): Maerlyn, merk, Somberbrero
merk (1): Somberbrero, Sandwolf, Somberbrero
Execute No One! (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (0):

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2021 at 5 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I had fun :)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
In a desperate attempt to pull patient back from the brink we have administered a regime of highly experimental antibacterial drugs. Fortunately patient appears to be responding extremely positively to the new treatment. No sign of infection is now present and patient can likely be discharged within the week.

Sandwolf, M. Tuberculosis (Bacteria-aligned Bulletproof) has been lysed Day 5.

quote:

M. Tuberculosis (Bacteria-aligned Bulletproof).

You are a species of mycobacterium responsible for causing the debilitating lung disease tuberculosis. Your hardy cell wall prevents you from being destroyed by alveolar macrophages. You are permanently bulletproof. Your preferred target cells are Macrophages and as such personally night killing the player with this flavour will grant you a boon.

You win when Bacteria control the vote.

Maeryln, Dendritic Cells (Body-aligned Watcher),
Somberbrero, Gut Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla)
and
merk, Nerve Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla)
have survived to endgame and achieved a Body victory!

quote:

Dendritic Cells (Body-aligned Watcher).

You are a collection of professional antigen presenting cells, responsible for detecting foreign microbes and alerting the immune system. Once per night you may watch one player, informing you of any players that visit them.

You win when all threats to Bodyare eliminated.

quote:

Gut Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla).

You are the epithelial cells which line the intestinal tract. You are responsible for the intake of nutrients from ingested matter. Apart from the ability to discuss and vote in thread you have no other powers.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

quote:

Nerve Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla).

You are the collection of cells that form the nervous system. You are responsible for carrying signals around the body to and from the brain. Apart from the ability to discuss and vote in thread you have no other powers.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Apparently I need to lurk more

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Thanks for playing everyone! As always I am open to criticism ect. Some points from me:
- I added the boons this game more as a flavour thing but they didn’t really pan out and actually hindered scum in the end, should really have given scum a flavour cop.
- While the empowerer was there in part to counter the roleblocker I was actually hoping they would jug the vig somehow in a mirror of a real life immune cell interaction.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this game. My next setup is overly complicated again so look forward to that!

ObamaAkbar. fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 4, 2021

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Whew, what a relief. Those last couple days were brutal (probably could have been much worse).

Thanks OA, looking forward to the next one :)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can finally stop my 72 hours of screaming “WHY ARE YOU NOT VOTING SANDWOLF”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Best scum slip 2021

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
lol you came close, Sandy.

Thanks for the game OA. Congrats town lmao

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

drat that was a good try Sandy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Gggggggggggggghgggggggg thanks for the game OA! Nice try Sandwolf and scums!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Thanks for the game OA. Glad to nosedive into it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry for dragging that out, thanks for holding out against me. Should have realized there wouldn't be a survivor + 3 scum in a 13 player game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Best scum slip 2021

Your series of like 9 posts effectively breaking down the game had me dyyyyying laughing to myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Sorry for dragging that out, thanks for holding out against me. Should have realized there wouldn't be a survivor + 3 scum in a 13 player game.

I'd say that's a normal amount for a survivor, maybe not SK.