Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Gambrinus posted:

Those ogres (Perry twins?) are a must buy though.

Just (before he was Mangled) Mike.

I wonder what the banner they are including is? Old skool design or the one in the image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

just being silently thankful they changed the name of the goblin bolt throwa.

Same.

Also proud of the community for nobody making a stink about the change.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the one they're selling was always a bolt throwa anyway. the name change predates that particular model.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
That Brian Nelson orc shaman is still a banger, might pick it up

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Man I'm still waiting on my foot knights and my green knight order, that pre-order was two week ago argh.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Cease to Hope posted:

the one they're selling was always a bolt throwa anyway. the name change predates that particular model.

Is it a new one? They were using the other name as recently as the AoS legends pdfs.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mohawk Potato posted:

Man I'm still waiting on my foot knights and my green knight order, that pre-order was two week ago argh.

GW does a two week pre-order window now. So if you ordered them on the 2nd, the products would have officially released on the 16th. They ship to stores for street date, but not to regular customers. Unless there's a crazy backlog you should get a shipping notification today or tomorrow. It's annoying, but their logistics have been messy for a while.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

Safety Factor posted:

They ship to stores for street date

Based on talking to the lovely old guy that owns my FLGS, this is mainly a suggestion.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/18/old-world-almanack-whats-in-the-orc-goblin-tribes-arcane-journal/

Trolls. Trolls, Trolls

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
An army made up of trolls and other assorted big uns oughta be fun. I have no idea how you'd manage all that stupidity though. Maybe there's something in troll magic that'll help. Or magic items.

The nomadic waaagh list sounds nuts though. Nothing but mounted, impetuous units everywhere. You'll be in charge range basically all the time and your units are going to do dumb poo poo you don't want them to. And they will absolutely fail that test at the worst times. It's beautiful.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I have enough orcs

I have enough orcs

I have enough orcs

And yet… :hmmorks:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh poo poo I wonder if the nomadic waaagh is an unintentional gift to Forest Goblins.

I've got so many of those spider-riding psychos....

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
Do we know if multiple instances of the same effect stack? I'm thinking specifically of the Wood Elven Spites. Stacking Lamentations of Despairs and Befuddlements of Mischiefs on multiple characters in the same unit seems potentially annoying maybe even strong?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres some genuinely incredible models I thought I'd never see again being re-released.

This must be absolutely printing money for GW.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Majkol posted:

Do we know if multiple instances of the same effect stack? I'm thinking specifically of the Wood Elven Spites. Stacking Lamentations of Despairs and Befuddlements of Mischiefs on multiple characters in the same unit seems potentially annoying maybe even strong?

The special rules section of the main rulebook says all special rules stack unless stated otherwise, so I'd say yes.

except that you can't take the same sprite more than once in an army =p

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 18, 2024

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Gato The Elder posted:

The special rules section of the main rulebook says all special rules stack unless states otherwise, so I'd say yes.

except that you can't take the same sprite more than once in an army =p

Ah, I see now. That's actually good news, even if you could take more I suspect it would get erratad anyway. The Old world armybuilder lets you take multiples until they fix it I guess.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So these are floating around the internet now. I think GW posted them accidentally somewhere, not sure on the full details.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 20, 2024

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
I would like to plug these guys. They're doing a great job with their coverage and also are fairly competitively oriented which is content that is pretty lacking right now. Most of the batreps I've seen are pretty fluffy( I just watched a batrep featuring a Wood elf army with basically no redirectors, not a Great Eagle in sight, it went pretty poorly for them as expected ) and there is nothing wrong with that but I'm missing some content geared towards tournament play ( other than Goonhammer, they are doing good stuff too )
https://www.youtube.com/@SquareBasedOldWorld

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Oh man I did not expect the storm of chaos slayer army models coming back

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Young Ungrim too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I really love that new Ungrim model. It's so well done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-preview-the-dwarfen-mountain-holds/

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Safety Factor posted:

I really love that new Ungrim model. It's so well done.

He’s such a good update, recognisably the same dude and with all his distinctive swirly knotwork

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Steel and stone brothers.

My god my wallet is going to get goblin-hewn from this release.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I was going to play either Dwarfs or Empire, whatever came first.

Looks like it's time to grow my beard out!

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Metal Anvil of Doom, yes please.

I could do with that slayer command unit to round out my slayers I bought in 2000.

It would be nice if the Marauder(?) dwarves with the spears came back. They were lovely looking models when painted up in WD (probably not quite as lovely if I ever paint them)

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Hooray, my green knight and two boxes of foot knights are in

It feels weird having a pewter model again

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Theres some genuinely incredible models I thought I'd never see again being re-released.

This must be absolutely printing money for GW.

yeah with these prices...

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ijyt posted:

yeah. even with inflation that's a 1/3 price increase, for a significantly worse model in finecast.

it's even worse outside of the UK because GW ratchets the price up when the GBP is up for a year but not to match its overall decline over the last 15ish years.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s not finecast.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

MonsterEnvy posted:

Young Ungrim too.

Youngrim

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s not finecast.

???

the GW store page for the orc on wyvern posted:

This kit contains 13 resin components, 2 plastic components, and 1x Citadel 50x100mm Rectangular Base. This miniature is supplied unpainted and requires assembly – we recommend using Citadel Colour paints.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Finecast doesn't exist any more. They know it was a disaster and have replaced it with the modern Forge World resin. They were very careful to point this out in the ToW pre-release materials.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
poured resin is still a cheaper material, whatever brand name GW slaps on it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yes, but you named a specific type with very widely known and reviled flaws, which made it seem like worse value than it just being resin.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

ijyt posted:

Yeah, no way I'm paying that. I bought a Highland minis Warboss on a boar, put a magnet up his rear end and he's gonna sit on a wyvern from Dungeons and Lasers. It's going to be less than half that price in total, including having to buy a base separately.
Boy is massive too at 32mm, I suspect he rivals the Orruks from AoS in size.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cease to Hope posted:

poured resin is still a cheaper material, whatever brand name GW slaps on it.

Forgeworld Resin is generally pretty good quality. Better than metal in my opinion.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yes, but you named a specific type with very widely known and reviled flaws, which made it seem like worse value than it just being resin.

k. it's still poured resin for a model made for metal. the fact that it's an ersatz version of the original made with cheaper material for a significantly higher price even after inflation is what makes this ridiculous. :goonsay: nonsense about brand names doesn't affect that.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Let's just hope that rereleased metal giant (in metal) is reassuringly expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Simmer down greybeards, you don’t have to buy GW minis, there’s an ocean of cheap, accessible proxies for literally every unit now, unlike the 90s.

To contribute: the stock issues seem to continue. Here in Australia we get no access to any multikit plastic orcs, they’ve all been delayed, including the big box. For how long? No idea. We can preorder all the metal and resin tho. :confused:

Yeast fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 25, 2024