Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you're reading this post and you havent gotten your first dose:

The gently caress are you waiting for BITCH?????????

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My 13-year-old niece got her first shot today. She's the only one in the immediate family on my side that isn't fully vaxxed yet. On my wife's side I think only my brother in law is - the rest still display Trump stickers on their cars so... ya know.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chinatown posted:

If you're reading this post and you havent gotten your first dose:

The gently caress are you waiting for BITCH?????????

:69snypa:

im going to go get my second dose RIGHT NOW bitch!!!!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cant wait to read my kindle in teh waiting room for 15 minutes like a freaking boss

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Aardvark! posted:

cant wait to read my kindle in teh waiting room for 15 minutes like a freaking boss

Go crazy with the arm exercises with your non kindle holding shot arm

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Aardvark! posted:

Do shoulder rolls!!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I'm getting my second Moderna tomorrow morning :ohdear:

\/ Hell yeah partner

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 19, 2021

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pictured: me doing shoulder rolls after my second shot tomorrow

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
update: the nurse said "gotta get a lab here
"(???) after the shot then held a cotton ball to it as hard as she could for like 20 seconds and it was like a long bee sting. first shot the nurse didn't do that

Wtf was that

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
If you're in Ohio, don't forget to register for your million dollars.
https://www.ohiovaxamillion.com/

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Aardvark! posted:

"(???) after the shot then held a cotton ball to it as hard as she could for like 20 seconds and it was like a long bee sting. first shot the nurse didn't do that

Wtf was that

New vaccine incentive. Did she not bring you your free labrador puppy?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Aardvark! posted:

Wtf was that

Maybe "gotta bit of blood here" ?

Anyways you twitched or tensed up your arm when the needle was in, that's why it hurt like a fucker & bled. You gotta keep the muscle completely relaxed for intramuscular shots to have the "didn't even notice it" experience.

My tip that I got from a doctor ages and ages ago: think about your arm being totally limp and floppy, while counting backwards from 150 to distract yourself from the person about to jab you with a needle.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Klyith posted:

Maybe "gotta bit of blood here" ?

Anyways you twitched or tensed up your arm when the needle was in, that's why it hurt like a fucker & bled. You gotta keep the muscle completely relaxed for intramuscular shots to have the "didn't even notice it" experience.

My tip that I got from a doctor ages and ages ago: think about your arm being totally limp and floppy, while counting backwards from 150 to distract yourself from the person about to jab you with a needle.

that makes way more sense. i was sitting in an awkward position this time because of the layout/chairs for doing the right arm, i'm sure i was tensing it.

i guess ill never get my free labrador now :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Your 5G chip didn't activate correctly. :sigh:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Hey that's really cool that that got solved immediately in this bitching thread

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

If you're in Ohio, don't forget to register for your million dollars.
https://www.ohiovaxamillion.com/

I signed up and I can't wait for the five winners to be named who have conveniently plausibly deniable connections with Ohio politics.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

A Festivus Miracle posted:

In my state, literally anybody can go in and get stuck. I've come to the conclusion that the argument for Not Getting the vaccine (in my state, access sucks in other places, I know) kind breaks down into this:

A. Side effects.
B. I have actual health problems that prevent me from getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
C. crazy people poo poo

For A, I'd say that this argument is facetious. COVID-19 is definitely, without a doubt, worse than any side effects that the vaccine will give you. The long term neurological and cardiovascular implications that are just starting to play out Do Not Look Fun. "What about blood clots?!" yes, the several people in literally millons who have died are actually pretty run of the mill for most vaccines. "What about getting sick after getting the vaccine" again, we're talking just shy of 5k cases in 150 million people. Even on the loving long shot that you got sick after getting vaccinated, getting vaccinated almost definitely will help you. The argument basically breaks down to "my unease around a rapidly developed vaccine justifies my decision to continue endangering other unvaccinated people".

For B, that fukken sucks mang. And for C, gently caress you nazi loving pig piece of poo poo.

And it doesn't help that the media is amplifying this narrative with endless loving reports on "Utah woman takes COVID vaccine, dies!" like everyone who gets a shot is playing Russian roulette, and not a vanishingly rare part of any vaccination program. On top of that, we have a political party who's basically a loving chaos cult from WH40k but considerably more lame and tiring, preaching utterly insane nonsense to a pack of racist morons.
Lot of goons are in "work" from home cozy white collar jobs where they can get the shot and shitpost all day while feeling like poo poo without really affecting their schedule because 75% of their day doesn't involve working in the first place but it's worth noting there are people with physical jobs that are busy during this time of year and it's hard to get the time off to recover. The decision is a lot more difficult when you can't just do it on some random Wednesday morning and take a mini vacation because no one cares.

I'm giving up weekends and holidays that I could really use for R&R to get my doses but a lot of my coworkers aren't willing to make that trade because we've all been putting in 60-70 hr weeks and I can't blame them for putting it off. Rain down some mandatory pto or something and you might get more takers.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Lot of goons are in "work" from home cozy white collar jobs where they can get the shot and shitpost all day while feeling like poo poo without really affecting their schedule because 75% of their day doesn't involve working in the first place but it's worth noting there are people with physical jobs that are busy during this time of year and it's hard to get the time off to recover. The decision is a lot more difficult when you can't just do it on some random Wednesday morning and take a mini vacation because no one cares.

I'm giving up weekends and holidays that I could really use for R&R to get my doses but a lot of my coworkers aren't willing to make that trade because we've all been putting in 60-70 hr weeks and I can't blame them for putting it off. Rain down some mandatory pto or something and you might get more takers.

A couple days paid time off for getting the vaccine should definitely be a thing, and people I know whose employer did that had a much easier time than people I know that are more in the situation you described at the start of your post. If people know they can take a couple days without a hit to the paycheck it would indeed improve uptake.

I know of some places that are not only giving 2 days PTO for vaccine side effects, but a gift of 2 additional floating days of PTO to encourage employees to get vaccinated.

Fake edit: How old was the post you were replying to, anyway?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought groceries without wearing a mask today and it felt weird as gently caress and I felt like someone was about to yell at me to put a mask on the whole time even though no one else was wearing a mask either

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm in california so they aren't lifting the mask mandate till june 15 for some reason. So everyone is still in masks even if vaccinated. I feel like if people could stop wearing the mask if vaccinated more people would do it/do it quicker but whatevs. I'm vaccinated and ready to take the dang mask off ffs

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Lifting the mask mandate seems weird af in general because the whole point of the masks was to protect other people in case you were unwittingly a carrier, from what I’ve heard that’s still possible even with a vaccine.

Plus it’s not like anyone can or will demand medical proof so the second you say no masks as long as you pinky swear a thing no on can verify every chud will immediately rip theirs off.

I’m close enough to my 2nd shot I can just ride out the storm at home but when a lot of places are sitting at 30-40% vaccine rate it seems like a terrible idea to ease restrictions.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But you gotta open 'er up, who cares if covid is endemic forever (until we get a fun mutation with 30% kdr), think of all the money your local businesses could be making :dumb:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ArbitraryC posted:

Lifting the mask mandate seems weird af in general because the whole point of the masks was to protect other people in case you were unwittingly a carrier, from what I’ve heard that’s still possible even with a vaccine.

Plus it’s not like anyone can or will demand medical proof so the second you say no masks as long as you pinky swear a thing no on can verify every chud will immediately rip theirs off.

I’m close enough to my 2nd shot I can just ride out the storm at home but when a lot of places are sitting at 30-40% vaccine rate it seems like a terrible idea to ease restrictions.

The CDC is saying vaccinated people transmitting covid is highly unlikely hence why they lifted the mandate. That's my understanding at least. I had heard earlier in the year that vaccinated people could still transmit but I think they have found this not to be the case.

That is true that peoples vaccine cards probably aren't being checked though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

CDC said a lot of bullshit over the last 2 years, this is just the antimasker/pro-plague lobby doing their thing

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
:rolleyes: no, it turns out that as part of the vaccine protecting you from getting sick, it also prevents you from transmitting the virus, so fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks as having been vaccinated is more effective than a mask at preventing transmission. and the reason they are saying this is they've actually been paying attention since people have been getting vaccinated and the data proves this to be true

they never said that vaccinated people can transmit - they only said in the beginning they don't have evidence one way or another, so to err on the side of caution until they do have that data. which they now do.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
The thing that sucks is we have a 4 year old who can't be vaxed so as every business is discarding the mask restrictions, we now have to trust that the people not wearing masks actually are vaccinated, for our daughter's sake. I wish us wearing masks protected us, but it doesn't, so we plan on wearing them in solidarity with our kid until she can get vaxed herself whenever that may be.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
But the honor system! Surely the Trump support... er, anti-maskers, that neither want to wear masks nor get the vaccine will continue wearing their masks for the good of everyone around them. Surely we won't see a disproportionate number of unmasked people walking around versus the number of vaccines that have been administered in a state.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Second shot all done, about 30 mins ago.

Hopefully I dont get wrecked overnight

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I got mine yesterday afternoon but I honestly don't know if I'm exhausted right now from the 4 hrs of sleep I got or from the vax. ftw

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Aardvark! posted:

I got mine yesterday afternoon but I honestly don't know if I'm exhausted right now from the 4 hrs of sleep I got or from the vax. ftw

Usually its like 12 hours is the start of the shittyness if there is any.

Did your arm keep you up?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pro starcraft loser posted:

Usually its like 12 hours is the start of the shittyness if there is any.

Did your arm keep you up?

no, my rear end in a top hat cat woke me up at 3am and i ended up too awake to go back to sleep. happens to me like once a month

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Got stuck two hours ago, feeling perfectly fine. I slightly overstrained my shoulder yesterday anyway so I guess I wouldn't even realize if the shot makes it hurt. Excited for tomorrow, when I have important appointments :v:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you're anything like me prepare to feel real lovely and weak tomorrow

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

way ahead of that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
getting some nausea now ftw. i get nausea on an empty stomach pretty often but this time it's 30 minutes after lunch and i am not a fan

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

The thing that sucks is we have a 4 year old who can't be vaxed so as every business is discarding the mask restrictions, we now have to trust that the people not wearing masks actually are vaccinated, for our daughter's sake. I wish us wearing masks protected us, but it doesn't, so we plan on wearing them in solidarity with our kid until she can get vaxed herself whenever that may be.

Masks do protect you if 1. They are the proper masks (like n95). 2. Properly fitted which isn't as easy as one might think.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure you'll still get some protection if they aren't worn perfectly but I don't know that as a fact.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 20, 2021

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Three hours after my second Pfizer, I'm getting some annoying authentication errors to the 4G satellite network. Put in a support ticket and hopefully that gets resolved soon, I'm sick of these warning messages clogging up my vision.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Mozi posted:

Three hours after my second Pfizer, I'm getting some annoying authentication errors to the 4G satellite network. Put in a support ticket and hopefully that gets resolved soon, I'm sick of these warning messages clogging up my vision.

For the love of god, do not click on any of the ads.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aardvark! posted:

getting some nausea now ftw. i get nausea on an empty stomach pretty often but this time it's 30 minutes after lunch and i am not a fan

Eat light grab some soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

pro starcraft loser posted:

For the love of god, do not click on any of the ads.

Ah, crap... but it said that Bill Gates is single and looking for love!