Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Maurice Smith went on to become a UFC heavyweight champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Toady posted:

Oh my GOD!

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
But have you all seen the original, dark ending to Miami Connection?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjBideVUSk

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Leelee posted:

Holy poo poo lol

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
I still feel robbed of seeing their trip to Israel.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some uh Interesting alternative opinions on YK Kim.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58805&page=4

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

gfanikf posted:

Some uh Interesting alternative opinions on YK Kim.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58805&page=4

He's been sort of a joke for awhile now. I think i mentioned earlier (or maybe it was in another thread) that he's part of the same pyramid scheme as Bill Bartalone. See:

You don't want to be associated with Bill Bartalone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caEsq7DmHhs

just LOL

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Seeing the second showing of RT Miami Connection; slept in and didn't have time to watch the movie unriffed first. :smith:

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

MisterBibs posted:

Seeing the second showing of RT Miami Connection; slept in and didn't have time to watch the movie unriffed first. :smith:

I thought about watching it beforehand but in the end I think it's better to go in blind. It was an amazing experience to see it for the first time as the guys were riffing it.

Why "is" everything "in" "quotes?"

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Everything Counts posted:

I thought about watching it beforehand but in the end I think it's better to go in blind. It was an amazing experience to see it for the first time as the guys were riffing it.

I went into the re-show last night knowing nothing other than this imdb quick overview.

imdb posted:

A martial arts rock band goes up against a band of motorcycle ninjas who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade.

This doesn't really help. I'm pretty happy I went in blind, it's pretty amazing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I caught the encore last night too, it was fantastic. I couldn't figure out why they even bothered with the opening with ninjas crashing a coke deal, because that had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie aside from a guy associated with the ninjas getting in petty squabbles with some lovely college band, then getting his and his friends' asses kicked over and over.

Also, Measuring Man belongs on some kind of watch list.

Toady posted:

I'm surprised he's not standing off to the side with his back turned to everyone while he mumbles and cries about this moment.

Leelee posted:

"oh no. jim's father is on that plane." :geno:
I was kind of expecting the plane to suddenly crash-land and explode.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 7, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Mary Jo and Bridget are back with Oh, Boy! Babies!

A 1982 short about grade school boys who take an infant care class. This is a long one - about 30 minutes. Funny stuff.

"Oh, look! A penis!"

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
DEATH PROMISE got a great art direction. It almost made 70's NY city look like some sort of grimy run down shithole .
Also I give it A+ for men fashion.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Leelee posted:

Wow. Kinda makes the movie make more (any?) sense in a way. Especially the "We can only end pahumbla through the wuhblabla" or whatever.

Miami Connection is one of those movies that's better to see riffed the first time. I saw it at B-Fest, which is the same idea. Parts of it are so ridiculous that you need other human beings with you to confirm the fact that yes, what you are seeing is happening and it is insane.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Here's a list of RiffTrax movies I put together to watch for a Halloween Marathon.

http://www.pbandawesome.com/2015/10/hmm-15-rifftrax-halloween-marathon.html

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Canned Panda posted:

Here's a list of RiffTrax movies I put together to watch for a Halloween Marathon.

That's a great list. This is Hormel is great for genuinely horrifying people too!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I find Setting Up a Room way more of a horror film than This is Hormel, honestly. Then again I always preferred psychological horror to hack 'n slash.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Canned Panda posted:

This is a solid list, and you don't want these things to get too bloated, but I can't help but suggest you consider adding The Last Slumber Party. It's Halloween if instead of going on a murder spree, Michael Myers broke out of the Asylum and immediately went on to pen a film script, which was The Last Slumber Party.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Robotic Accolade posted:

This is a solid list, and you don't want these things to get too bloated, but I can't help but suggest you consider adding The Last Slumber Party. It's Halloween if instead of going on a murder spree, Michael Myers broke out of the Asylum and immediately went on to pen a film script, which was The Last Slumber Party.

I love The Last Slumber Party. In fact, I had it at #2 on my Top Ten list that I wrote a while back. That is also part of the reason why I didn't add them on this list. I try not to over do it with particular titles.

Same for Ghosthouse.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Canned Panda posted:

I love The Last Slumber Party. In fact, I had it at #2 on my Top Ten list that I wrote a while back. That is also part of the reason why I didn't add them on this list. I try not to over do it with particular titles.

Same for Ghosthouse.

Maybe add "honorable mentions" with a link to your other lists.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Holy poo poo! I think they are riffing one of my most wanted movies: No Retreat, No Surrender!
(Back in March, I posted an article about three movies I though were perfect for RiffTrax, and this was one of them.)

Last Wednesday, Kevin said that they were working on another goofy martial arts film. My hopes were raised! There is a chance they might actually do this movie!

Then just a few minutes ago, I saw this tweet from Jason, the guy who paints the posters for the RiffTrax releases.

That is JCVD from No Retreat, No Surrender!

I am so excited right now!

AVAILABLE NOW:

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!

http://www.rifftrax.com/no-retreat-no-surrender

quote:

An organized crime syndicate is attempting to muscle out all the karate dojos in the country with the aid of deadly Russian black belt, and it’s up to the new kid in town and his breakdancing sidekick to defeat them, if the local bully doesn’t stop him first!

Here is a test: at which point in the above sentence did you realize the film was a product of the 80s?

A. After “Karate Dojos”
B. After “Deadly Russian”
C. After “Breakdancing sidekick”
D. I actually thought it was a Sofia Coppola film from the late 2000s

If you answered A, B, or C, then congratulations! Your senses have been honed to detect the fine subtleties of 80s cheese and you are going to enjoy the hell out of No Retreat, No Surrender. “Borrowing” the jingoism of Rocky IV and pretty much everything else from The Karate Kid, it adds the baffling twist of having our hero learn karate from the ghost of Bruce Lee. It is the second most unrealistic thing in the movie after having Jean Claude Van Damme portray a Russian.

Co-starring other 80s staples such as the fat guy who is always eating (otherwise viewers might not have noticed that he is fat) and training montages that out-parody every training montage parody you’ve ever seen, No Retreat, No Surrenderwill get you so pumped up you’ll be tempted to forgive Van Damme for Street Fighter. All that’s missing is a ponytailed, toxic waste dumping millionaire to deem it: “Perfect…”

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 17, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Van Damme and Van Damme in "Van Damme You All to Hell!"

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Mister Kingdom posted:

Van Damme and Van Damme in "Van Damme You All to Hell!"

JCVD stars in JCVD, a movie about JCVD where JCVD plays JCVD and talks about his life as both JCVD the person and the JCVD that lives in the hearts of moviegoers.

It is a good movie.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Canned Panda posted:

Holy poo poo! I think they are riffing one of my most wanted movies: No Retreat, No Surrender!
(Back in March, I posted an article about three movies I though were perfect for RiffTrax, and this was one of them.)

Last Wednesday, Kevin said that they were working on another goofy martial arts film. My hopes were raised! There is a chance they might actually do this movie!

Then just a few minutes ago, I saw this tweet from Jason, the guy who paints the posters for the RiffTrax releases.

That is JCVD from No Retreat, No Surrender!

I am so excited right now!

AVAILABLE NOW:

NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER!

http://www.rifftrax.com/no-retreat-no-surrender

No reference to fake Legosi from Plan 9 :mediocre:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

lol when "Bruce Lee" shows up.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
this movie was awesome on some many levels. I love how JCVD is barely even in the movie, and how the kids 'actual' issues are rectified by JCVD beating those guys up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The guy in this movie is like an even whinier amalgam of New Hope Luke Skywalker and the "I got it from you, dad! I got it from watching you!" kid.

I was so pumped to find out that there were sequels, only to be deflated upon reading that they are in no way linked to the original outside of the title. :(

The Smooth Criminal joke got the hardest laugh out of me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh hey a surprise early-in-the-week Bridget & Mary-Jo short!

quote:

In The Snob, Sarah is a high school student who wreaks horror and despair in her small town by studying too much. She is regarded high-falutin' and snooty because she reads. Worry not - all Sarah needs to reign in the depravity is friends!
Fuckin' nerds!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I hate eating at Karate.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I saw absolutely no evidence that Sarah WASN'T objectively better than her classmates at Shitsplat High.

Oh, who am I kidding, she would surely regret her life decisions as she graduated summa cum laude at Harvard, when she could have married the future night manager at the Piggly Wiggly!

Rewatched the "period" and "prom" shorts too. Bridget and Mary Jo keep knocking it out of the park with these. Their interactions are just so charming and natural in addition to being extremely funny, and the shorts are great finds too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

minimalist posted:

Rewatched the "period" and "prom" shorts too. Bridget and Mary Jo keep knocking it out of the park with these. Their interactions are just so charming and natural in addition to being extremely funny, and the shorts are great finds too.

And they're back with The Snob.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh hey a surprise early-in-the-week Bridget & Mary-Jo short!

Fuckin' nerds!

After seeing that 1930s stewardess training film (they all need to learn sailing so they don't get fat and ugly!) so glad they've got Bridget and Mary Jo doing all these wacky sexist shorts. It makes it funnier.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If they ever decide to to some more TV shows I'd like to recommend Boris Karloff's Thriller. It's a 1960s horror anthology program. I've only seen a couple of episodes but both of them failed to follow the Chekov's Gun principle.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

therealjon_ posted:

lol when "Bruce Lee" shows up.

There were certain things I was expecting from a lovely 80's movie starring JCVD.
What I was not expecting was for JCVD to barely actually feature in the movie, and for there to be an entire act dedicated to the main character having a psychotic break and fantasizing being trained by the first guy off the street that could do an impression of stilted poses from Bruce Lee movies. That was a real treat.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Halloween Party which was shown before the "Anaconda" live show last year is now available.

Why does this short exist? What educational or entertainment purpose did it serve?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was an era of propaganda films so it must have been pro-Halloween propaganda.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-night-that-dracula-saved-the-world

New VOD. I remember this Halloween special from when I was a kid. I'm totally going to have to pick this up for this Halloween.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo. I was just thinking about this special. I remember watching it as a little kid at school.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-night-that-dracula-saved-the-world

New VOD. I remember this Halloween special from when I was a kid. I'm totally going to have to pick this up for this Halloween.

This actually won an Emmy.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dracula didn't exactly save the world in this.

It's a must-watch riff, even with Halloween over. It's the same flavor as the Star Wars Holiday Special, only shorter and without the Star Wars.

The bit where the zombie guy shows up is one of the hardest laughs I've had at Rifftrax in a while, mainly because the instant he walked on screen, I immediately hoped they'd make a Brain Guy reference and they delivered.

• Locked thread