Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

HH was good this week. That is all.

I am glad I am not Reddit user/permabanned listener Spinozism. Dude got roasted.

Engineer Brett did an AMA

quote:

Hey there Engineer Cody Brett! A query: what would be the best first step to take for an aspiring engineer in securing a position with Earwolf?

Brett_MorrisVERIFIED
be a straight, white, cisgendered male comedy nerd who really just wants to meet celebrities

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

I am glad I am not Reddit user/permabanned listener Spinozism. Dude got roasted.
I was out of breath laughing at the "dude can't find his dick and when he finds it he doesn't know what to do with it"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow I'll be sure to check out this show, sounds like the boys are really punching up here.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow I'll be sure to check out this show, sounds like the boys are really punching up here.

Did Sean Clements beat you up in high school or something?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cams posted:

i live down the street from chapman university

We'll go get BITCH CHAPPED

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Did Sean Clements beat you up in high school or something?

he jealous cause sean is much funnier and cool er and badder than he will ever be and he knows it with every fiber of his being.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I can only assume Keven is so ornery because those handbook boys did their home alone bit too many times for his tastes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate Sean pronouncing "Neve" correctly.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
*looks at 15 minutes remaining on podcast after Hayes has just spent ten setting up a bit and Kevin is involved*

This is definitely going to pay off

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've never heard of Chickenman before but I'm reminded of that Funny or Die parody site Vioblu that had Cuplicated and a whole bunch of public domain tv shows.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
poo poo... I hope the boys don't say that I'm bad in a sarcastic voice but also they mean it next... I'm also a guy online... poo poo!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Speak on that.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Brock Samson posted:

Speak on that.

YOU speak on that

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

poo poo... I hope the boys don't say that I'm bad in a sarcastic voice but also they mean it next... I'm also a guy online... poo poo!

it's really cool that you've made being too cool for the one podcast your whole identity

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Speaking of being too cool: I just got back from Montreal where a friend lives and managed to time it with the just for laughs festival. I managed to see High and Mighty live and then talk to Jon Gabrus afterwards. I feel like this is the only crowd who gets how big deal that is.

Especially to a Swede who thought he'd never see any of this live.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

padijun posted:

it's really cool that you've made being too cool for the one podcast your whole identity

In the CBB thread he also decided to tell everyone Harris Wittels was a junkie loser, so there's that too. I guess the guy's a big fan of Anthony Jeselnik.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Praying for Keven's recovery from whatever is making his posts so loving bad

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

padijun posted:

(To the guy standing next to you on the subway) it's so cool that you've made standing next to me on the subway your whole identity.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Y'all heard of this new cool feature called the Ignore List?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Keven is cool.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

(To the guy standing next to you on the subway) it's so cool that you've made standing next to me on the subway your whole identity.
this analogy works if the guy walks over to stand next to me every time i'm in the subway, while shouting loudly about how cool he is standing next to me in the subway, then when questioned about it he brings up how he was just at the gym and is super strong

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ok changed my mind I like this post.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I think Work Chef Keven is joking and if he isn't I still find his posts funny so I guess that makes me the real winner.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Agreed. Keven is the Sean of the thread. Cams is Hayes maybe? I’d like to claim Tom or Dom, but I’m probably more of a bad-mood Cody.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wouldn't it make more sense for Keven to be...Kevin

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
well then im pauly shore

ya homos :colbert:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am the musical guests on I4H

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Keven
Evven
Veven
Evven
Neven

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

Agreed. Keven is the Sean of the thread. Cams is Hayes maybe? I’d like to claim Tom or Dom, but I’m probably more of a bad-mood Cody.
i'm sean or i'm not playing.

the hh episode with kulap where sean talks about knowing he comes off as "a smarmy piece of poo poo" was very relatable to me.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

cams posted:

i'm sean or i'm not playing.

the hh episode with kulap where sean talks about knowing he comes off as "a smarmy piece of poo poo" was very relatable to me.

that's an interesting trait coming from a goon

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I got a question about Off Book. How do they do that? How do they do those songs?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm gonna guess it's down to practice, working with each other a ton, talent, and musical numbers following only a handful of patterns. You can tell when they're not quuuuite in sync with each before it clicks back in. My only worry is they might struggle to get guests on due to the type of skills needed, but I guess the SNL pool is pretty big at least (who tend to be ok at singing for the most part) and as long as their improv is good Jess/Zack can do most of the vocal work.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just like most things in the theater world, musical improv is a learned skill that leans heavily on natural abilities. You can take musical improv classes at a number of improv schools, but having an innate talent to sing, a love of musicals, and an ability to come up with rhymes on the fly are going to be large factors in how good you'll get.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah I guess I knew that it's just always crazy impressive to me. Like I can imagine myself being able to do (bad) improv with practice, but keeping up a song like that seems impossible.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
it's actually because of an amulet with magic powers

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Riptor posted:

it's actually because of an amulet with magic powers

Finally an answer I can use

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Pervy creepshots taking Kevin...

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

i am the musical guests on I4H

I don't care for you then.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Musical improv is pretty easy & looks way harder/more impressive than it is (standard improv trick) IF you can sing/have rhythm already. Because you basically just let the tune carry you. Like go listen to the all time best CBB rap battles and pay attention to how many things they say actually make sense in relation to each other, it's pretty low. They just stay on meter / rhyme sometimes and it seems really good. Or the hoedowns on who's line, they just say two sentences on the beat and it seems like they're magic.

On the other hand if you don't have a good sense of rhythm/ability to sing already its basically impossible and the most embarrassing thing u can do as a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Musical improv is pretty easy & looks way harder/more impressive than it is (standard improv trick) IF you can sing/have rhythm already. Because you basically just let the tune carry you. Like go listen to the all time best CBB rap battles and pay attention to how many things they say actually make sense in relation to each other, it's pretty low. They just stay on meter / rhyme sometimes and it seems really good. Or the hoedowns on who's line, they just say two sentences on the beat and it seems like they're magic.

On the other hand if you don't have a good sense of rhythm/ability to sing already its basically impossible and the most embarrassing thing u can do as a human.

People conflate 'being able to rhyme without falling off the beat' with 'being funny'