Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Didn't they say they weren't doing Persona again?

And yeah I know there's a lot of fighting games, it's just like... there's not a lot of interesting fighting games going up lately in my opinion.
Nah, they said they wouldn't do it on Ultimax's release. Still waiting for that one.

And yeah, sometimes they're playing stuff they don't even mock (Looking at you Brawlhalla), and those episodes are kinda boring fluff, because there's nothing to work with. A lot of it could depend on how invested you are in fighting games too.

We haven't even seen Dong Dong Never Die yet

I think it's less that the series should end, than they've just made some bad choices.

RecursiveFault fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dias posted:

Yatagarasu is coming out, they have a fuckton of KOFs to go, same with Guilty Gear, there's Blazblue, the new Persona, a bunch of SNES/Genesis fighters including the Yu Yu Hakusho and the Sailor Moon one, NARUTO, the DBZ stuff...

Fighting games never end.

Don't forget Third Strike, maybe some Third Strike, and perhaps Third Strike thrown in for good measure.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're not done with fisticuffs until they fulfill the dreams of that one guy in the comments who always asks for Naruto.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Silentman0 posted:

Don't forget Third Strike, maybe some Third Strike, and perhaps Third Strike thrown in for good measure.

The Zaibatsu has you covered, friend :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY-YzVbhS7A

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

There's also the Scrublords where the game breaks and they just play Third Strike.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

OneDeadman posted:

There's also the Scrublords where the game breaks and they just play Third Strike.

Some Wu-Tang game for those curious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OneDeadman posted:

Which, in fairness, is a solid rule to go on for fighting games.

"If it breaks, let's just play Third Strike".

Third Strike is the warm mug of chicken soup of fighting games.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

OneDeadman posted:

No but Third Strike, though.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh, wow, Shattered Memories ended more quickly than I expected. I forgot how short one playthrough can be.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Compendium posted:

Oh, wow, Shattered Memories ended more quickly than I expected. I forgot how short Liam playthroughs can be.

fixed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are a million fgs better than third strike, but it was fun watching them play it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Part of me wonders if Liam knew what the ending was solely because Pat's excitement had him over explaining things before the ending even happened. When he asked Liam to guess it sounded like he had to hold back a bit. I'm kinda surprised though in his excitement Pat never mentioned the fact that Dhalia was a lookalike for Heather.

Pat's excitement aside though that was a nice playthrough and Liam was really on point- only fault I had with it is Matt's so silent during a ton of it that I forgot he was even there at times.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wanted Liam to rush a bit less, but his rushing through the game actually factored into it so I don't mind as much.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Yeah, luckily there's no "wrong" way to play Shattered Memories. I kind of wish they had done two playthroughs with two different groups, since the game is so short and different players can see different things. Probably not different enough to really be worth it, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SkeletonHero posted:

Yeah, luckily there's no "wrong" way to play Shattered Memories. I kind of wish they had done two playthroughs with two different groups, since the game is so short and different players can see different things. Probably not different enough to really be worth it, though.

I think it would've been, just because some of the stuff that changes is actually pretty significant. Surprisingly so. The progression of main areas is always the same but what the player does during the therapy segments and the way they move through the game during those parts where you can pick different areas can change a surprisingly large chunk of the game.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Silentman0 posted:

No but Third Strike, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pePpxU58M

Also, I'm glad I was right - Shattered Memories playthrough was awesome. This is gunna slot nicely right next to I Have No Mouth and Eternal Darkness for future rewatch sessions. More deeply psychological horror games please based zaibatsu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I only watched the first episode of Shattered Memories so far, is the game really that short that it's only 9 episodes? Idk much about the game in general, I just thought it was surprising given most of their Silent Hills LPs went into the double digits I'm pretty sure.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Chief posted:

I only watched the first episode of Shattered Memories so far, is the game really that short that it's only 9 episodes? Idk much about the game in general, I just thought it was surprising given most of their Silent Hills LPs went into the double digits I'm pretty sure.

it's more liam speedrunning it than anything

speedrunning a game he has never played more than five minutes of

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's amazing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Liam train never ever slows down. Which to be honest is kind of annoying in a game that is entirely about stopping to look at poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Actually I found it fascinating to watch what the game did with a Liam situation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For what it's worth, Liam rushing it is the reason they got the abstract bonkers looking raw shocks. You only get those if you a) look at all kinds of poo poo from all 3 types of psych influence and confuse the game so that it doesn't know how to move you forward, or b) don't look at anything in particular, like Liam.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ha, I'm glad Terminator Vs Robocop came up.
And man is it bad. 0 boss music, giant contact damage. It's too bad they didn't make it to the future sections, or the final level, where the game tells you to "Defeat the Skynet Boss".
It's a giant Terminator exoskeleton head that shoots mini Terminator heads at you. And it takes a good 5+ minutes of sustained fire to go down.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
These Terminator week intros are going from strength to strength.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

Ha, I'm glad Terminator Vs Robocop came up.
And man is it bad. 0 boss music, giant contact damage. It's too bad they didn't make it to the future sections, or the final level, where the game tells you to "Defeat the Skynet Boss".
It's a giant Terminator exoskeleton head that shoots mini Terminator heads at you. And it takes a good 5+ minutes of sustained fire to go down.

the comic book though is bizarrely great

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Matt, did you know that Tommy Tallarico was the composer for Robocop Vs. Terminator game you just played?

Also regarding the no boss music, I actually met Tommy and asked him about it, he couldn't recall at all why there was no music in it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh, Gaming in the Clinton Years is just good old Navigator.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ask Tommy Tallarico why the Spider-Man PS1 games has 5-second loops for background music and if he still loves Leisure Suit Larry.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Nvm

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Really awesome meeting some of you at TMG! Had the proverbial blast!

I don't think so, but is there any Montrealers here? Woolie, Cranky and I will be there all weekend checking out things.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

beep by grandpa posted:

Finally got caught up with Ride to Hell - it's too bad Matt didn't kill any of those cops in the """"""""stealth"""""""" section because the cop enemies in this section (so far we've only seen biker cops) appear to be programmed exactly the same as regular biker gang thug enemies but just reskinned as cops. Why does this matter? Because about 1 out of every 3 cops you kill there will drop huge piles of cash and drugs for Jake to pick up.

Wait, you wanted me to fail and fight in a stealth sequence to draw out the game even further?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one wants this lp to end except the people playing the game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Chief posted:

No one wants this lp to end except the people playing the game

Ride to Hell is an LP adaptation of No Exit.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Basically Matt, everyone not playing the game wants you and Pat to ride to hell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You guys keep looking for the Exit to Paradise, but in reality the Ride to Hell never ends!

Ok sorry I just had to get that one out. Also I think there's like, 4 gang members left, so around 2 hours of content. I remember a churche, a mine and a wood carving place being involved, after those, the endgame'll be nigh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HGH posted:

You guys keep looking for the Exit to Paradise, but in reality the Ride to Hell never ends!

Ok sorry I just had to get that one out. Also I think there's like, 4 gang members left, so around 2 hours of content. I remember a churche, a mine and a wood carving place being involved, after those, the endgame'll be nigh.

Don't forget the DLC

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

Andrast posted:

Don't forget the DLC
I can't believe it launched with $10 DLC

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HGH posted:

Another 2 hours?! How the gently caress is this series going double digits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It could take more, there's a mission of "Find the 5 things scattered on the map!" with 0 indications to where they are. And pickups aren't exactly the most noticeable things in this game.