Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Despera posted:

I left yesterday, today was the mocking

And yes everyone who has ever left goonswarm was for a dumb not really believable reason

It sucks to see that you left but to each his own. If you're happier and enjoying the game somewhere else then that's what matters. Good luck with your new space friends, and be careful with that Avatar (and eve-bet). :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

scandoslav posted:

What's the closest historical naval warfare analogy to the Goons vs. Nongoons supercap situation? I need a way to contextualize this.

The German High Seas Fleet and the British Fleet in WWI.

Non-Goons are roleplaying as the smug British blockading the goons hiding in their ports, while secretly they have to hold back most of their fleet in case the goons ever try to break out with their fleet, since it's massive enough to threaten them otherwise.

Jutland doesn't really work in this analogy since the goons won BR-5 and inflicted more losses. The Germans lost strategically while sinking battlecruisers left and right.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

im just a blue collar kind of poster, haha. i dont think im ready for that level yet

maybe someday

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Libluini posted:

Jutland doesn't really work in this analogy since the goons won BR-5 and inflicted more losses. The Germans lost strategically while sinking battlecruisers left and right.

You're missing a number of allies for a BR-5 recreation though.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Despera posted:

Really using the IBT thing as a masterstroke? People honestly believe this poo poo. Also yeah no way to camp a low sec station. No insta lock everything, no command destroyers, no drive bys. Next you'll be in a high sec station declaring victory.

I didn't say it was a masterstroke, I just said it was everyone getting nuked from orbit. Apparently a particular CCP PR person reached out to IBT and invited player input for an article that I can guess was meant to make EVE look good.

Of all the material the author received, it was dear leader's take on things that provided the widest view. CCP's self-aggrandizing propaganda, Laz, Killah Bee, Elise Randolph, and Vince Draken, possibly Vily. What I would love to see are all the things they submitted for the article only to be swept aside by that real poo poo. Do I really have to guess though? And none of their poo poo made it

Considering all that, the inclusion of 'they'll print whatever I tell them' is goddamn fantastic. gently caress.

March 28: CCP declares the name of the conflict is World War Bee
April 15: The Mittani declares EVE is a poo poo game

CCP thought this was a one-sided narrative game of ping pong and the return serve was a loving nuke.

I can't imagine how numismancing (that's a man in the act of dancing for money btw hah gotem) will outdo himself but I've been surprised every day so far of the last couple weeks.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

You're missing a number of allies for a BR-5 recreation though.

I've been wanting a bit less coalition for a while now.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

abigserve posted:

Streaming a solo raven roam through low into some lovely area of nullsec space testing the dual x-lasb fit I posted earlier if you guys want to watch me die horrribly.

https://www.twitch.tv/ahspaghett

Trip report :hb:
https://zkillboard.com/related/30002402/201604160600/

The magus and deimos engaged me alone, the astarte/brutix/typhoon went together. Gud fites 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Despera posted:

I left yesterday, today was the mocking

And yes everyone who has ever left goonswarm was for a dumb not really believable reason

I just find it hilarious how everyone decides that goonswarm is just no longer a good fit for them after we lose safe ratting space.

In the wake of all the recent departures the only entity that has left who I believe that is the actual reason has been bat.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

I just find it hilarious how everyone decides that goonswarm is just no longer a good fit for them after we lose safe ratting space.

In the wake of all the recent departures the only entity that has left who I believe that is the actual reason has been bat.

I got into EVE (and GSF) really really late in the game, and have known only peace and ratting. But if this is the end for goons, I've got nothing to lose by watching the fireworks. It'll probably play out like the ending of Fightclub, with me and Mittani holding hands watching the entirety of Deklein exploding and crumbling while that Pixies song plays.

abigserve posted:

Trip report :hb:
https://zkillboard.com/related/30002402/201604160600/

The magus and deimos engaged me alone, the astarte/brutix/typhoon went together. Gud fites 2016

I was there watching the whole thing. Still unsure what that magus thought he was going to be able to do to you alone, or if his friends just simply didn't catch warp in time.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Reverand maynard posted:

Can you imagine if BAT held out a few more months?

They would have had to stick it out for the duration of the war on principle or look like FCON

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I cross jumped a gang i shouldnt have been on the gate with approximately 27 times and i didnt rename a station over it. In fact i think i told tib to stop being a whiny bitch and watch how good i am at eve online.

Holy poo poo did you know you can tell directors to shut up and/or go gently caress themselves and not get booted? I surely didnt.

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Hey guys, I just came back to the game and wanted to see what goons are up to. Oh, stuff is hard and it's apparently not a good idea to use ~my space coffin~. Ok, that's fine, greener pastures hooooo.

Bye guys, here's some r/eve parot talk to cover my not-lovely reasons on bailing.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Otacon posted:

I was there watching the whole thing. Still unsure what that magus thought he was going to be able to do to you alone, or if his friends just simply didn't catch warp in time.

I have no idea. I know a Svipul undocked but I don't remember anyone else doing so, maybe they were all afk?

I'm sorting my streaming stuff but tomorrow I'll probably go again with another raven or the golem.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

I didn't say it was a masterstroke, I just said it was everyone getting nuked from orbit. Apparently a particular CCP PR person reached out to IBT and invited player input for an article that I can guess was meant to make EVE look good.

Of all the material the author received, it was dear leader's take on things that provided the widest view. CCP's self-aggrandizing propaganda, Laz, Killah Bee, Elise Randolph, and Vince Draken, possibly Vily. What I would love to see are all the things they submitted for the article only to be swept aside by that real poo poo. Do I really have to guess though? And none of their poo poo made it

Considering all that, the inclusion of 'they'll print whatever I tell them' is goddamn fantastic. gently caress.

March 28: CCP declares the name of the conflict is World War Bee
April 15: The Mittani declares EVE is a poo poo game

CCP thought this was a one-sided narrative game of ping pong and the return serve was a loving nuke.

I can't imagine how numismancing (that's a man in the act of dancing for money btw hah gotem) will outdo himself but I've been surprised every day so far of the last couple weeks.

this isn't a serious post, right?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

ullerrm posted:

overwatch beta came out and is pretty good for a tf2 clone

Do people still play TF2?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

scandoslav posted:

People do love their hats.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Can you imagine if BAT held out a few more months?

They would have had to stick it out for the duration of the war on principle or look like FCON

Endie might be mentally I'll but he ain't bitch made.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

Endie might be mentally I'll but he ain't bitch made.

With Endie propaganda on our side we may very well have won this war and then what a boring world would we have made for 2016.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

overwatch beta came out and is pretty good for a tf2 clone

Can't help but feel a bit of Unreal in there as well.

Come be bad with me. Hanzo is life, Hanzo is love.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Otacon posted:

I got into EVE (and GSF) really really late in the game, and have known only peace and ratting. But if this is the end for goons, I've got nothing to lose by watching the fireworks. It'll probably play out like the ending of Fightclub, with me and Mittani holding hands watching the entirety of Deklein exploding and crumbling while that Pixies song plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y001O8Azj1U

Just for you fam

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

what ping are you talking about and your numbers are stupid no matter what

I sent a ping saying 'come to Op x if you have a Titan in Saranen' or something to that effect and people subbed accounts thinking random never been a supercap fc Kalenn Istarion was going to get in a super brawl or something, idk?

My ping could have been more specific I suppose, but this doesn't have much to do with Desparate being bad at eve and covering it up with some lame excuse about having a TEST parachute for months rather than deal with his fuckup like a big boy

Despera posted:

Well they gotta throw some dirt at me no matter how weak the poo poo.

Nobody's throwing dirt because nobody knows who you are aside from jump not bridge guy which is more than enough to justify the ridicule

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
Has Goonswarm imploded yet?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

scandoslav posted:

yes

demonstration man #1 NA

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Samiz posted:

Has Goonswarm imploded yet?

Yeah we're all in jita mining veldspar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rhymenoserous. We made it so Horde doesn't require APIs to join because we noticed a lot of new players were pretty hesitant and apprehensive about submitting APIs etc. for various reasons (eg. "OMG YOU'RE GONNA HACK MY ACCOUNT!" etc.) that and for a new player focused group it's not really necessary, especially if it's their first group and they're just learning the game mechanics though it. For some of the more specialized Horde stuff that some people can join we do require APIs.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
It is a double edged sword not using APIs and accepting almost everyone instantly, but honestly as they are a different alliance altogether it seems to be working for yourselves pretty well and nullifies a lot of issues you'd run into doing the same with say karmafleet

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003
Another day, another CFC super down. This time a CONDI Erebus as the server cluster shut down for downtime ))

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty much. There's pros and cons to both ways of doing it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Rhymenoserous. We made it so Horde doesn't require APIs to join because we noticed a lot of new players were pretty hesitant and apprehensive about submitting APIs etc. :effort: and they join and fight for us anyway without complaint so why bother?

Still I can't really knock it any more. Karmafleet has vastly superior services, support and cover than Horde in every way possible. Yet Horde does the intended job of supplying basic level subcap pilots for the field ten times better and for a fraction of the cost/effort.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Still I can't really knock it any more. Karmafleet has vastly superior services, support and cover than Horde in every way possible. Yet Horde does the intended job of supplying basic level subcap pilots for the field ten times better and for a fraction of the cost/effort.

horde only got the numbers (like 200+) after they have been winning in-game and propaganda war for a while, the morals are very high

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Your edit would be right, if it weren't for the fact that having people use APIs to join is a recurring topic every few months in the director chat. The discussion usually ends up the same way, the majority new players don't want to make APIs to get into their first in-game corp. That's a behavior we've tracked over the year plus and keep tabs on.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="458778953"]
Another day, another CFC super down. This time a CONDI Erebus as the server cluster shut down for downtime ))
And a rev, and a levi, apparently. Although so far I'm only seeing one assembly array mail so I don't know :shrug:

Bonfire Lit fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 16, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry it was just parts, not an actual Rev & Levi. Dumb PL :smuggo:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Like, horde should really require API calls (Not that it would catch my clean account but whatever).

what purpose would this serve

horde has nothing worth stealing or awoxing, anyone who wants to carrier/bling rat is told up front of the dangers of doing it in horde

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

The IBT article was dear leader nuking everyone from orbit and lol@you.com if you don't see it. That's also a very good point, the criticism started waaayyy before you turncoated (oh no).

lol

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

you couldn't just accept what bat country gave as reasons for leaving at face value? you had to have j4gs jumping ship to hold it up against?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Couldn't you edit instead of triple-posting?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

With Endie propaganda on our side we may very well have won this war and then what a boring world would we have made for 2016.

That's generous of you but I think most people could have done that aspect better than has happened so far: Be fun, be the sort of people others want to hang out with, paint a picture of an exciting future, don't make it all Hotel California on the leaving aspect. In a game, emphasise the very real community aspects that the cfc had, and return to a focus on culture and not uncritical addition of numbers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Daruna posted:

you couldn't just accept what bat country gave as reasons for leaving at face value? you had to have j4gs jumping ship to hold it up against?

Nobody said that, fuckknuckle. Bat left because they didn't feel they fit in anymore, and disagreed with The Imperium as it was and where GSF was headed, and noone hates them for that. The dudes who resubbed and then suddenly found bullshit reasons to flip sides because they can't rat in the middle of 50 jumps worth of blues is another story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

• Locked thread