Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was hoping for some mayhem clash this week for some silly post-IB shenanigans. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inferno means no radar and no bonus points on kills (for using abilities, getting headshots, etc).

I need Mayhem too, I finally got the Thorn quest.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Inferno Supremacy, you say

The land of Universal Remotes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If I just hit 360 what's my best bet for advancement? Just keep doing heroic strikes and grinding up?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

Nemesis star makes my dick hard.
Speed bursting on twinks with that hard-on gun is tres sexy, be you using the BBC ornament or red rocket.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

goferchan posted:

If I just hit 360 what's my best bet for advancement? Just keep doing heroic strikes and grinding up?

Strikes till 365.

Then exotics and factions to 370,

Then exotics and factions and raids to 385!

Then throw this game in the trash where it belongs because you're FREE

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Strikes till 365.

Then exotics and factions to 370,

Then exotics and factions and raids to 385!

Then throw this game in the trash where it belongs because you're FREE

Until the 18th, when light level goes up to 400. :v:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's the weekly crucible playlist. IB was last week's.

It still says it's IB

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Whoops my bad just says rise of iron on the top, not IB. Dang I thought today was the last day

Huh I still seem to be getting kill credit for my IB bounties

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What is with Bungies garbage rear end matchmaking that I get 4 on 3 clash games. Christ.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What HM raid weapons are people looking forward to?

The machine gun looks pretty ridiculous assuming a stable recoil pattern.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

poor life choice posted:

What HM raid weapons are people looking forward to?

The machine gun looks pretty ridiculous assuming a stable recoil pattern.

The sniper will be a beast

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/EX_MACHINA~

It will work like the rocket launcher and it is 37 impact sniper like devils dawn and the crucible sniper. Spray and play + a larger magazine on reload will make it the best PVE sniper in game.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My Distant Star rolled with Full Auto and Firefly. Coupled with the always-on radar artefact it's my dream PVE weapon. So good.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I got a Lord High Fixer from Shaxx this week with Icarus and outlaw and rifled, any competition for the vendor palindrome or should I just use it to infuse?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

I got a Lord High Fixer from Shaxx this week with Icarus and outlaw and rifled, any competition for the vendor palindrome or should I just use it to infuse?

you might like it more, icarus is really good on HCs. Keep both.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I have the same roll and IMO it's mostly personal preference. Icarus and Outlaw are arguably a lot more situational than rangefinder and Mulligan but if your playstyle makes good use of them it's a really good roll.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hulk Krogan posted:

I have the same roll and IMO it's mostly personal preference. Icarus and Outlaw are arguably a lot more situational than rangefinder and Mulligan but if your pewtersme makes good use of them it's a really good roll.

People run mulligan? It has spray and pray!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I'm just gonna say gently caress it and 375 my pdx

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

FishBulb posted:

People run mulligan? It has spray and pray!

If you have HC reload gloves and compulsively reload after every engagement like I do, Mulligan seems to come into play a lot more often. :shrug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lmao I got a rifled barrel 77 Wizard today and it loving owns!!!!111 owwwnsssssss!

Doing some real OG y1 fusion rifle poo poo with it, it's like a long range shotgun the pellets move so quickly

http://i.imgur.com/1qN7qUR.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wRc1oDo.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

use vendor palindrome on non-hunter classes, keep icarus high fixer for hunter+bones shens

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Fusions are a real thing of beauty. what's the higher end types and rolls for crucible?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

If you have HC reload gloves and compulsively reload after every engagement like I do, Mulligan seems to come into play a lot more often. :shrug:

Yeah maining tlw for 2 years has broken me in terms of having half a mag of anything and running around.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GodspeedSphere posted:

Fusions are a real thing of beauty. what's the higher end types and rolls for crucible?

seems like the pros use either a super high impact 4 bolt kill with rifled barrel

or the fastest possible charging 5 bolt kill with rifled barrel

rifled barrel makes fusions work now

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The stellar vestige is no joke either. I was facing off a dude with it last night with my ashraven's flight and he was slapping me around with it.

Ashraven's does gently caress up shotgun rushers though, so it's still a legit choice. Thesan is good poo poo too.

None of my fusions have rifled barrel so I'll have to keep an eye for one.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Saladin's Vigil is legit yall

https://youtu.be/YykT_3OC4e8

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/47TAwmx.gifv

lol they whole squad roasted

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 12, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lmao I got a rifled barrel 77 Wizard today and it loving owns!!!!111 owwwnsssssss!

Doing some real OG y1 fusion rifle poo poo with it, it's like a long range shotgun the pellets move so quickly

http://i.imgur.com/1qN7qUR.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wRc1oDo.gifv

gently caress. I want one

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

seems like the pros use either a super high impact 4 bolt kill with rifled barrel

or the fastest possible charging 5 bolt kill with rifled barrel

rifled barrel makes fusions work now

Or plan c with a full set of range perks selected.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think I've gotten that autumn glow crucible sparrow at least ten goddamn times

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Or plan c with a full set of range perks selected.

Yeah of course, plan C owns.

And yeah you need a rifled wizard. Party chat was going wild about the kills I was getting with this thing. 97 impact 68 range lmao

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah of course, plan C owns.

And yeah you need a rifled wizard. Party chat was going wild about the kills I was getting with this thing. 97 impact 68 range lmao

Jesus Christ.

Also I love how many trials shotguns I've gotten. And I got 2x IB rocket launchers 2x sidearms. gently caress you bungo omggg

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol just got brutally reminded of how garbage fusions are against laggy dudes, dead on Vigil'd a guy twice while he lazily emptied four bursts of trespasser into me, not a single bolt "connected"

I loving love fusions but it feels like Bungie doesn't even want me to loving bother with them anymore

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why were streamers "lucky and buttwipe" chosen to do that bungie pvp thing awhile ago? i just watched a little bit of one of their streams and they seem pretty bad compared to a couple bsk streams ive watched over the last couple days.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
they have a gimmick

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Surrre, Moist carries the fusion rifle banner for a year and no one gives a poo poo, then a sweaty gay dude tries one out and suddenly everyone is all FUSIONS YAY. :buddy:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I will never be "Fusions yay!"

I'm lazy and prefer to just shotgun like a scrub.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The pvp community on PS4 has because really lovely lately. More hate messages in the last couple days than in the last 6 months. I'm not even that good. People are just god drat babies.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

The pvp community on PS4 has because really lovely lately. More hate messages in the last couple days than in the last 6 months. I'm not even that good. People are just god drat babies.

There's a lot of pve wanks feeling like they need to outlevel the raid before attempting it so they're running crucible to try and farm high light gear, they're super salty about Bungie forcing them to play pvp to get upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

There's a lot of pve wanks feeling like they need to outlevel the raid before attempting it so they're running crucible to try and farm high light gear, they're super salty about Bungie forcing them to play pvp to get upgrades.

Nah this was in trials and doubles. Fuckers running squads with dumb cats mad at me for beating them I guess.

Seriously doubles is the sweatiest douchebag mode but I gotta get that grimore score.

• Locked thread