Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the match is stronger without asuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

bradzilla posted:

The brand split loving sucks and is the reason PPV cards get so bloated now.
Uh huh. Is that why they don't really have anything planned for either tag team title and took the women's off Asuka last second?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's a good point. Has there been any further word about whether or not Fox wants the split? I mean I could see it either way. On the one hand I could see them wanting all the stars. On the other, there's no loving way they'd want to be Raw Part 2 which they would be with a unified roster.

Last bit of info we had was awhile back, but FOX wants their own roster and doesn't want to share talent with NBC. I imagine the women's tag titles might be an exception, but otherwise I dunno.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the other hand not having the split makes Smackdown utterly disposable 90% of the time. Hell, it practically was during the Attitude Era. Basically nothing happened.

Yeah, which is something FOX doesn't want, obviously.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 2, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand not having the split makes Smackdown utterly disposable 90% of the time. Hell, it practically was during the Attitude Era. Basically nothing happened.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Last bit of info we had was awhile back, but FOX wants their own roster and doesn't want to share talent with NBC. I imagine the women's tag titles might be an exception, but otherwise I dunno.

Yeah, which is something FOX doesn't want, obviously.

Has anyone credible reported that Fox wants their own roster?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, "Winner Takes All" is definitely not the same as "Title Unification", but its also very much not the same as "One Title Changes Hands, And Actually There's a Scenario Where No Titles Change Hands Because That Would Be Amazingly AntiClimactic, And Actually When You Think About It This Stipulation Just Kind of Screws the Face."

If the latter is the case that's just Stephanie/WWE being lying bastards again to call it "Winner Takes All." And that would be silly when you can just have the winner drop one of the belts a month from now.

Right, but that's literally what the scoops were earlier today.

"They're going to call it Winner Takes All but it won't be."

I guess it's settled now though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone credible reported that Fox wants their own roster?

I think Dave talked about it in a previous newsletter. And I dunno if you live in America or not (this isn't meant to be snark, I'm serious), but FOX and NBC are pretty bitter rivals.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Uh huh. Is that why they don't really have anything planned for either tag team title and took the women's off Asuka last second?

Uh yeah, the card is bloated that's why they canned the SD title and tag team title matches

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I think Dave talked about it in a previous newsletter. And I dunno if you live in America or not (this isn't meant to be snark, I'm serious), but FOX and NBC are pretty bitter rivals.

I thought the last thing Dave said/wrote about it (maybe on the Board) was that there was no language about that in any of the contracts.

Rivalry or no, I would think that Fox wouldn't want to pay all that money to WWE for half the roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Uh yeah, the card is bloated that's why they canned the SD title and tag team title matches

Except apparently there will be tag title matches on the card. I think Dave even brought it up in the last few days, actually.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought the last thing Dave said/wrote about it (maybe on the Board) was that there was no language about that in any of the contracts.

Rivalry or no, I would think that Fox wouldn't want to pay all that money to WWE for half the roster.

I think FOX will probably be appeased by getting a bunch of the bigger names. They want Ronda, they are going to get Charlotte, I'm sure Brock will end up there.

I'm pretty opposed to the idea of the brand split being abolished unless they introduce a secondary women's SINGLES title to the mix. Otherwise its going to be the same three people in the title scene (Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte) and no one else will ever be able to break through.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The only reason Smackdown is ever disposable is because WWE chooses to make it so. There's no reason IMPORTANT THINGS have to only happen on Raw other than WWE's obsession with Raw being king dick of their company. Its up to them if they want to waste having a shot at Network TV by making SD continue to be disposable.

Also IMO Smackdown is utterly disposable 90% of the time even with the brand split. The only times it hasn't been disposable in it's history is when it was just a Good TV Show, regardless of it's overall importance to the company's continuity. WWE has never been shy about "upgrading," important Smackdown angles to Raw at any time in the show's history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

The only reason Smackdown is ever disposable is because WWE chooses to make it so. There's no reason IMPORTANT THINGS have to only happen on Raw other than WWE's obsession with Raw being king dick of their company. Its up to them if they want to waste having a shot at Network TV by making SD continue to be disposable.

Also IMO Smackdown is utterly disposable 90% of the time even with the brand split. The only times it hasn't been disposable in it's history is when it was just a Good TV Show, regardless of it's overall importance to the company's continuity. WWE has never been shy about "upgrading," important Smackdown angles to Raw at any time in the show's history.

Right but my point is the only times Smackdown didn't suck were during the brand split done well except maybe 10% or so during other periods since its inception, even at the height of the Attitude Era.

Edit: I shouldn't say it necessarily sucked during that time that often, but it WAS literally just watered down, regurgitated Raw.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 2, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The brand split has increased the main roster size for sure but it's also increased the number of people getting TV time. The WWE just can't help themselves from turning Smackdown into at least 50% a Raw clip show in the non-brand split eras.

The cards are bloated because hours of engagement is one of the WWE's favorite statistics to tout and when your network number isn't increasing a ton the best way to report growth in this situation is to increase the length of the shows.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rick posted:

The brand split has increased the main roster size for sure but it's also increased the number of people getting TV time. The WWE just can't help themselves from turning Smackdown into at least 50% a Raw clip show in the non-brand split eras.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on the brand split and its efficacy but it is the sole reason their roster size is even remotely tenable. If you get rid of the brand split and go back to floating one roster between both shows, a giant roster that is already hurting for exposure gets completely buried.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Smackdown being taped was probably a factor in them never doing anything important on there too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Smackdown being taped was probably a factor in them never doing anything important on there too.

I mean yeah but it would still suck with a unified roster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Blaming the bloated roster on the brand split is so wack. Do you think WWE decided to do a brand split and THEN because of it decided to sign every single motherfucker on Earth so they couldn't make money for anybody else?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Blaming the bloated roster on the brand split is so wack. Do you think WWE decided to do a brand split and THEN because of it decided to sign every single motherfucker on Earth so they couldn't make money for anybody else?

No. And literally no one is. The point is that they ARE going to bloat the roster because they want to hoard people, so as long as they're going to do that, a split roster is better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's wrong to split the roster based on where the performers are from such as NXT England or however It's named. Some what xenophobic?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rick posted:

This is what kills me. Why is it so hard to just book each person on one show per week, and not have a formal brand split? Like... is there zero self control? Do they need to push the big names for every shows for ticket sales? And if so, why not throw them all in a big 8 man tag match after the show is finished?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

Uh yeah, that's literally what they did when the brand split started. Being shook by AEW is recent.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cavauro posted:

i think it's wrong to split the roster based on where the performers are from such as NXT England or however It's named. Some what xenophobic?

I agree, we need to eliminate borders and allow free movement in NXT

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WWE is always going to have lovely writing, booking and agenting as long as the McMahon-Levesque regime is in charge. If you watch WWE expecting anything other than utter garbage across the main roster you're delusional

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

Uh yeah, that's literally what they did when the brand split started. Being shook by AEW is recent.

They were siphoning up dudes for years before AEW was even a twinkle in Cody's eye. They were never signing dudes to fill out the roster, they were signing them to shove them in offshoots like NXT and 205 Live so they wouldn't be in RoH or NJPW anymore. They stole half of the top of NJPW's card a good six months before the brand split happened just so those guys wouldn't be in NJPW anymore.

The roster and the cards are gonna be bloated as poo poo with or without the brand split, they have nothing to do with each other. The only difference is with no brand split, a bunch of dudes won't even sniff TV time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eve Torres is rumored to be part of the women's battle royal. PWInsider confirms she's in the area for Mania weekend

So are Bray and Mayor Kane

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bray is still under contract why would it be a shock he shows up to work to not be used

Zayn had a package video before the NXT callups even happened and hasn't been used

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The ARMBAR seems like the worst place to do a big return, because unlike the Rumble there's virtually no focus on the entrances, everybody is just in there together at the start.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ShakeZula posted:

The ARMBAR seems like the worst place to do a big return, because unlike the Rumble there's virtually no focus on the entrances, everybody is just in there together at the start.

That seems like an easy fix-- pile everyone into the ring as per usual, and just before it starts you hit somebody's music and bill them as a surprise entrant.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Cabbit posted:

That seems like an easy fix-- pile everyone into the ring as per usual, and just before it starts you hit somebody's music and bill them as a surprise entrant.

That's how Shaq did it. Or Big Show. One of those two.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

you always get the geeks in the ring first and then give one or two guys actual entrances

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eve was getting decent right when she quit, so I hope she makes a comeback

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Eve Torres is rumored to be part of the women's battle royal. PWInsider confirms she's in the area for Mania weekend

So are Bray and Mayor Kane

Didn't Bray return in the ARMBAR just last year

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave mentioned a few days ago the plan for the women's title post Wrestlemania are currently one of the following apparently:

- If Ronda remains around, they'll likely shift into a Becky/Ronda feud for the title.

- If Ronda leaves, the plan is to continue running Becky/Charlotte for the foreseeable future.

...I really don't like that WWE's goal is to continue running Becky/Charlotte as a feud if Ronda leaves. They need to spend a long time apart at this point.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Push the llconics, imo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave mentioned a few days ago the plan for the women's title post Wrestlemania are currently one of the following apparently:

- If Ronda remains around, they'll likely shift into a Becky/Ronda feud for the title.

- If Ronda leaves, the plan is to continue running Becky/Charlotte for the foreseeable future.

Great insight. I can't wait to see Becky vs. Zelina Vega at MITB in May.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DarkstarIV posted:

...I really don't like that WWE's goal is to continue running Becky/Charlotte as a feud if Ronda leaves. They need to spend a long time apart at this point.

There are only 3 women in WWE, silly, what else are they supposed to do

4 if you count Stephanie

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

All titles on the line makes even less sense than the stip we thought was getting added, because it can’t end in the “4 horsewomen with all titles”
Picture and it means Asuka was robbed to make someone double champion

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dacap posted:

All titles on the line makes even less sense than the stip we thought was getting added, because it can’t end in the “4 horsewomen with all titles”
Picture and it means Asuka was robbed to make someone double champion

Theory: Becky and Charlotte will both make Ronda tap at the same time, Charlotte will keep her belt and Becky will take Ronda's.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Theory: Becky and Charlotte will both make Ronda tap at the same time, Charlotte will keep her belt and Becky will take Ronda's.

Thanks I hate it.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Thanks I hate it.