Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
conversely, no do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
all he had to do was log into mumble and jabber once a month, but this was just too much effort...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet Ivana let that one in. For shame.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Plex is 15% off, just in time for month end!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

vyst posted:

It was definitely me the second time in April 2018. In retrospect, there was obvious foreshadowing in his demands for reinstatement after failing to register an ESI.

Realpest
Jul 26, 2019

wafflethief posted:

pretty much this

Not a fan of the Reddit, and would rather be here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Realpest posted:

Nice reg date

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
the real assets are the people you play games with, not some stupid drones

i dont blame you if you didnt want to play eve with all the pubbies that live in delve but if you're soloing in npc space instead, you're basically penniless

Dalael posted:

Wai there's sig?

it's not really a thing in the grey forums as much

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 29, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Realpest posted:

Do you like boiled ribs?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Realpest posted:

how old are you goonsire?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Realpest posted:

How often are you willing to log into Jabber and or Mumble? More than once a month?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

orange juche posted:

Stupid people will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

This is an expression I've come across in forums since a tender age, and it is wise and true. I wonder who coined it

Aside from that though, its always nice to see turbospergs who have flipped publicly on GSF and then begged their way bag in turn on other spergs for doing the exact same, its the human nature at its finest

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

the real assets are the people you play games with, not some stupid drones

i dont blame you if you didnt want to play eve with all the pubbies that live in delve but if you're soloing in npc space instead, you're basically penniless

You are right. I am making a bit of money in Stain, but less than I could ratting in a carrier in Delve and a lot less than I did flipping Excavator Drones. So last night I decided I would try out something different. There is another better set of NPC stations I can base myself out of. So I took a trip!

On the way there I found out that goon space Period Basis is completely unoccupied and unguarded if you enter through Stain. I could come into here and rat Blood Raiders like the good old days! But thats not what I was after, my destination was the best NPC station of all Thera :getin: This system has four NPC stations all with a full market and full manufacturing and copying services. But not only that it has a dozen wormhole connections that go to every corner of the universe! The space is also -1.0, but I have the feeling it would be suicide to mine or rat here.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Says there's too much safety in null, says asset safety should die... lives in NPC stations...

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The amount of entertainment this game has provided outside of the game itself cannot be overstated.

I have never had so much fun not playing a game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Belated hot take:

I agree with Falcon: ban supers from low sec.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Belated hot take:

Honestly, I feel like supers should have zero use outside of killing other supers and killing citadels.

The exact moment I got tired of supers was when I was loving around in FW, and we were brawling another FW group in t1 cruisers and BCs, and PL dropped like 40 supers on us (This was back in like 2012). They used more in isotopes to get there than they got in kills, but there we were.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 29, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

iospace posted:

Belated hot take:

I agree with Falcon: ban supers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kimsemus posted:

Honestly, I feel like supers should have zero use outside of killing other supers and killing citadels.

The exact moment I got tired of supers was when I was loving around in FW, and we were brawling another FW group in t1 cruisers and BCs, and PL dropped like 40 supers on us. They used more in isotopes to get there than they got in kills, but there we were.

The problem is how do you balance it around that?

You could make it that supers firing on sub-caps do 0 damage, and also prevent them from using HAWs. This seems like the most feasible solution. Maybe against caps, half damage? Less than half? I mean you could easily justify this as "well, it's missing the sub-cap" but caps would be a whole different business to justify the reduced damage.

I did like the idea of defanging titans wholly apart from the DDs, to be honest.

Oh, and if we're banning supers from LS, let's also ban XL structures from that and w-space. Any existing structures get converted to large, and any supers inside are allowed to remain docked, but lose asset safety protections and the ability to redock.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:hmmyes:

(this is the ideal situation, but I digress)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kimsemus posted:

The exact moment I got tired of supers was when I was loving around in FW, and we were brawling another FW group in t1 cruisers and BCs, and PL dropped like 40 supers on us. They used more in isotopes to get there than they got in kills, but there we were.

If you don't drop a full super fleet on a rookie ship, are you even elite pvpers?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

vyst posted:

Holy poo poo, a ghost

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

iospace posted:

Belated hot take:

Delete all supers.

We don't even need them for structures anymore.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Other than S-mart, is there another place I can look for a Chemosh?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I want anti-capital subcaps. Think the Ion Frigates from Homeworld. Or cruiser-sized XL Torpedo bombers.

And remove HAWs.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

I want anti-capital subcaps. Think the Ion Frigates from Homeworld. Or cruiser-sized XL Torpedo bombers.

And remove HAWs.

This is acceptable if we can't get them to delete supers. Give us a cruise sized stealth bomber

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dalael posted:

Holy poo poo, a ghost

I get really loving high on the weekends and read this thread sometimes. There's some itches you can't fully scratch I suppose.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

And remove HAWs.

The triglavian ships sort of do this. Leshaks and Drekevaks are some of the best anti-capital ships out there.

That said, I'd love a cruiser sized XL torp boat.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

all he had to do was log into mumble and jabber once a month, but this was just too much effort...

poo poo, just have jabber auto-start on boot. Then promptly forget about it until you realize there's pings and maybe something fun to do 2-3 weeks later. Repeat ad nauseum.

It's about as low effort as things get.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
so i figured i haven't played in 10 years and i got curious about all the new stuff

set up a new account yesterday and played all day, got through all the beginner career agents, figured i'd start the sisters of eve timeline today

logged in this morning and my characters are wiped. both the caldari i actually played and the amar i rolled as a backup. character select screen is completely empty.

instant uninstall. and they wonder why their player retention past 24 hours is less than 20%.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol if you posted:

so i figured i haven't played in 10 years and i got curious about all the new stuff

set up a new account yesterday and played all day, got through all the beginner career agents, figured i'd start the sisters of eve timeline today

logged in this morning and my characters are wiped. both the caldari i actually played and the amar i rolled as a backup. character select screen is completely empty.

instant uninstall. and they wonder why their player retention past 24 hours is less than 20%.

I have never heard of that happening ever. If you messaged support they would have fixed it no question.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Rutibex posted:

I have never heard of that happening ever. If you messaged support the would have fixed it no question.

not worth my time, honestly. i had no plans to pay any money to convert to omega and would have gotten bored in a week. like i'm not mad they probably did me a favor. amateur hour for real though

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

iospace posted:

Belated hot take:

Y’all are dumb.

Almost as dumb as Falcon.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

lol if you posted:

There's straightforward reasons why their retention is terrible. Vanishing characters is not on the radar. That's extremely weird.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

lol if you posted:

not worth my time, honestly. i had no plans to pay any money to convert to omega and would have gotten bored in a week. like i'm not mad they probably did me a favor. amateur hour for real though

A rare bug is not why they have poo poo retention hth.

quote:

SCC markets will see base transaction tax increase from 2.00% to 5.00%, while the base brokerage fee will rise from 3.00% to 5.00%

https://community.eveonline.com/new...n-defense-fund/

Guess I finally need to stop being lazy and get my jita alts standings up to 9

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 29, 2019

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

And remove HAWs.

This sounds like a niche that battleships could fall into, since all the b-ship hulls outside of the mach are in the unemployment line.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Kimsemus posted:

This sounds like a niche that battleships could fall into, since all the b-ship hulls outside of the mach are in the unemployment line.

There really ought to be. Sub caps should be vulnerable to supers and capitals in small numbers, but there is a reason real life capita ships need entire battle groups of support, and this is something that is missing from eve.

All capitals really need in terms of sub caps is doctors or hictors to hold poo poo down.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

Guess I finally need to stop being lazy and get my jita alts standings up to 9

Does that still require doing a ton of highsec missions?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Does that still require doing a ton of highsec missions?

Does faction standing reduce taxes in NPC stations? If so it doesn't need to be in highsec, could be low or nullsec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
remove haws and remove fighter/hfighter ratting application