Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

never heard of it

To be fair Japan is a smaller county but they have a sizable population

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

if earthbound was an important or good game then it would be in the SNES library on NSO with jelly boy and claymates... but im not seeing it so it must be a fail game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Come on Billy Hatcher RPG!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if earthbound was an important or good game then it would in the SNES library on NSO with jelly boy and claymates... but im not seeing it so it must be a fail game

it was deemed so win that it was made an exclusive for the SNES Classic. a system seller

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it was deemed so win that it was made an exclusive for the SNES Classic. a system seller

never heard of it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm just expecting splatoon 3 and kirby talk. like maybe a FE game remake that'd come out soon after announcement ala FE Echoes

it'd be nice if they had more than 2 roms to put on the online service

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was delighted to see Alex as a spirit in SSBU.

Wait is this real?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Why does Nintendo not simply release every rom from the nes/snes i've got them all on my laptop so whats the holdup nintendo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Funniest rumor to watch out for is Mario musuo. gently caress if that's real lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bushisms.txt posted:

Funniest rumor to watch out for is Mario musuo. gently caress if that's real lmao

its real

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Mine goes black for a couple seconds sometimes, though I figure it's just either the soundbar pass through or my tv getting confused. No framerate changes

This usually means you need a higher-spec HDMI cable.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Do not pursue Gum-Ba.

Also a large portion of it will probably be about the new Kirby game since that is out in March. I’m impressed that there has been a new Kirby game 24 out of the past 30 years.

Edit:

Hell I would be happy with a Pikmin 2 port to Switch. Pikmin 3 is so disappointing and felt like a huge step backwards unless you were one of the people who likes to speed run and time trial Pikmin.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 9, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Xenomrph posted:

Wait is this real?

It is indeed.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe there will be mario + rabbids 2 news

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Why does Nintendo not simply release every rom from the nes/snes i've got them all on my laptop so whats the holdup nintendo

This but unironically. I got one of those retro portables and it owns so loving hard. I would have happily Nintendo directly for this experience on switch

The upside of retro portables is that in addition to the usual library I've also got a ton of rom translations, hacks, and a ton of really really cool unofficial poo poo. That said I play my switch way more than I play retro games. It's fun to thumb through them, but as a retro game fan a lot of these games are just literally outdated/irrelevant

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

His comment supposedly translate as "7am is amazing. It may be snowing."

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 9, 2022

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheCenturion posted:

This usually means you need a higher-spec HDMI cable.

Huh. I'm using the one that came with my original switch, but not the one that came with my OLED, cause I didn't feel like swapping out the whole cable. That could be it.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Chrono Cross Remaster/Chrono Trigger switch game bundle announcement today or ban me for 10000 years
:toxx:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hoping for Metroid prime 4 news...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

With Final Fantasy VI of the Pixel Remaster finally releasing I am confident that they will announce the Pixel Remasters coming to consoles at the Direct.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

With Final Fantasy VI of the Pixel Remaster finally releasing I am confident that they will announce the Pixel Remasters coming to consoles at the Direct.

It's absolutely ridiculous that no consoles have been announced for these yet. I refuse to play video games on my phone incl. emulators

That poo poo is for degenerates with no standards/taste. I have the Android gaming thread bookmarked out of sheer curiosity, and always chortle smugly to myself when I read about the poo poo people put up with. Just to try and experience what might be passable but still incredibly forgettable gameplay in other contexts!

Anyways, I would like to play the Pixel remasters on my switch please

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 9, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

https://twitter.com/ninstatusbot/status/1491237980203274240?s=21

I think we maybe finally getting Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, along with another Earthbound/Mother announcement to go along with it?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Willo567 posted:

I think we maybe finally getting Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, along with another Earthbound/Mother announcement to go along with it?

lol

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Willo567 posted:

pepesilvia.jpg

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingSlime posted:

It's absolutely ridiculous that no consoles have been announced for these yet. I refuse to play video games on my phone incl. emulators

That poo poo is for degenerates with no standards/taste. I have the Android gaming thread bookmarked out of sheer curiosity, and always chortle smugly to myself when I read about the poo poo people put up with. Just to try and experience what might be passable but still incredibly forgettable gameplay in other contexts!

Anyways, I would like to play the Pixel remasters on my switch please

:yossame:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if earthbound was an important or good game then it would be in the SNES library on NSO with jelly boy and claymates... but im not seeing it so it must be a fail game

have you heard of a little console called the "Wii U"

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Detective No. 27 posted:

did they ever patch the weird font or was that all fan stuff

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ve heard some rumors about this upcoming direct… and let’s just say…. It’ll be a “PRO” move to tune in

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wuggles posted:

have you heard of a little console called the "Wii U"

more like p u

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

im sorry nintendo i didnt mean it forgive me :negative:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’ve heard some rumors about this upcoming direct… and let’s just say…. It’ll be a “PRO” move to tune in

its going to be one big Mother of a show

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

did they ever patch the weird font or was that all fan stuff

All fan patches. I don't know why they insist on doing these terrible fonts. I swear Square Enix can't resist putting in some arbitrary flaw in all their ports.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ff6 is going to be 20 or 40 or some ridiculous price and I'm gonna buy it like a little pain pig.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im sorry nintendo i didnt mean it forgive me :negative:

Hell naw that fischer price looking commercial failure of a tablet forced them to get off their rear end and make a good console, the Nintendo switch. By embracing the fail, Nintendo can stay winning

Note that my commentary is strictly in regards to the hardware not the software. Give us more WiiU ports Nintendo!!!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Earthbound trilogy remake in the style of Link's Awakening.

C'mon Nintendo, you know you want to. Pretty sure the Earthbound VC re-release on Wii U sold better than original on SNES.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

looking forward to the jellyboy remake...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oscar Wild posted:

Ff6 is going to be 20 or 40 or some ridiculous price and I'm gonna buy it like a little pain pig.

It's only $17.99 with launch sale of $14.39 on Steam, so it shouldn't be too bad. That said, I will also be a good little pain pig and probably buy it for both Switch and Steam (for Steam Deck).

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Ragequit posted:

It's only $17.99 with launch sale of $14.39 on Steam, so it shouldn't be too bad. That said, I will also be a good little pain pig and probably buy it for both Switch and Steam (for Steam Deck).

If someone makes a mod to fix the fonts that's a totally fair price.. I could see myself doing one more playthrough

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah I wouldn't mind replying six on the switch

Alternatively, I guess I could just play one of the many rom hacks, I hear a brave new world is good along with that Japanese only "T" release or whatever that just got a translation? I saw a quick video on both and they look pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

That's half the price it was in 1994, it's a steal