Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Double posting to mention that the other Warhammer preview stream starts in 10-ish minutes time.
https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GXS-VpPZI

And the Sisters codex release model will be a Jetpack Cannoness. And only that.
There will be a battleforce box obviously.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/the-warhammer-preview-show-the-new-flying-canoness-rains-faith-and-fire-from-the-heavens/

And the big brainiac for GSC is the Benefictus.
No surprise that there will be a battleforce box.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/warhammer-preview-the-genestealer-cults-get-a-big-brained-new-benefictus/

Meanwhile, AdMech players are now crying bitter tears with a bunch of 30k AdMech units coming in plastic. Including the Thanatar.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

Double posting to mention that the other Warhammer preview stream starts in 10-ish minutes time.
https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GXS-VpPZI

And the Sisters codex release model will be a Jetpack Cannoness. And only that.
There will be a battleforce box obviously.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/the-warhammer-preview-show-the-new-flying-canoness-rains-faith-and-fire-from-the-heavens/

And the big brainiac for GSC is the Benefictus.
No surprise that there will be a battleforce box.

Meanwhile, AdMech players are now crying bitter tears with a bunch of 30k AdMech units coming in plastic. Including the Thanatar.

Yeah, I tuned in in the middle of the admech thingies and was really stoked until the end when they said it was for HH.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And there's a snowball's chance in hell they'll ever get rules for 40k.

RIP Fires of Cyraxis.

Edit:
And no Warhammer Quest Necromunda, we're going to Hive Secundus!

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 18, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hive secundus looks loving awesome

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That Brainnid looks cool as heck, reminds me of the Nurgle Sorcerer from AoS

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, for 40k, it looks like the reveals are the Sisters unit and the genestealer brain are the new models in this preview show?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

That GSC codex art is new, is that the first one to not reuse the 9th edition art?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yep. Gonna get Necromunda, that loving rules.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I love these hosed up lil genestealers

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So, for 40k, it looks like the reveals are the Sisters unit and the genestealer brain are the new models in this preview show?

Ayup, that was it for the 40k reveals.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/warhammer-preview-plunder-the-haunted-depths-of-necromunda-hive-secundus/

Ok I'm, hyped for Secundus, gonna get the necromunda box, what can I expect out of necromunda in general? is it like kill team? is this going to be compatible with the other factions?

How does terrain work in this? it seems like it's a space-hulk style grid pattern, or is it like any 40k terrain compatible?

Also notice the flame template. hell loving yes.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ngl I was expecting more from the jump pack canoness. This just looks like another zephyrim model.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the mechanicum stuff looks so so SO much better than 40k admech, it is criminal that this stuff isn’t getting 40k rules (especially since the faction has gotten a total of two new models in six years)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cooked Auto posted:

And no Warhammer Quest Necromunda, we're going to Hive Secundus!

I was supremely disappointed

But then all the derpy genestealers show up along with Spirers and I was back on board!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I guess I was surprised at how fast Games Workshop was about to release new Admech units after admitting they needed a fix better than just some points adjustments since the last index a couple weeks ago.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!
Clapping Larry
I liked the bit where the genestealers had been "improved" so much by genius imperial tampering, that the hive fleet absolutely does not want to absorb their DNA

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/warhammer-preview-plunder-the-haunted-depths-of-necromunda-hive-secundus/

Ok I'm, hyped for Secundus, gonna get the necromunda box, what can I expect out of necromunda in general? is it like kill team? is this going to be compatible with the other factions?

How does terrain work in this? it seems like it's a space-hulk style grid pattern, or is it like any 40k terrain compatible?

Also notice the flame template. hell loving yes.

It's a bit like KT but more focused on an ongoing narrative campaign play generally, or at least the people who sing it's praises mostly play it like that I think. Goonhammer has a lot of really good articles about it if you google that and Necromunda that'll steer you right for a general introduction to it.

For a quickish rundown, all the gear and each recruit costs in game cash, at the start of the campaign you have x amount to outfit your initial roster with and then generally the games will be the sorts of things a gang would do like a smash and grab raid on a crashed train or another gangs territory, a battle in an apartment building or factory, that kinda thing. With the results you'd expect, you win, you expand your territory, make cash and each gang has specific unique stuff they can do with territory (Escher can manufacture unique drugs if they build a chem lab and use them/sell them to other gangs as items they can use for example). Injuries are pretty brutal and random as well, with mechanical results like you could get real hosed up from a fall and have to decide between the character being out of action for 3 battles or you spend lots of money on a mechanical leg upgrade maybe that gives them a bonus and gets them back in the action quicker but has some sort of ongoing maintenance cost, for example.

If you do play it in the campaign format it's also kinda supposed to have a referee/dungeonmaster person (they recommend them not being someone taking part, I don't think that's necessary as long as they can genuinely be impartial and not a dick imo) who keeps everything balanced somewhat balanced in terms of fun so that if one persons gang gets a bit hosed up then they might get some support narratively with mechanical results so like, they might get some bounty hunters granted to them by their noble house sponsors or something like that, cause generally otherwise it'd be pretty easy for the campaign to be decided by the first couple skirmishes with the aforementioned injuries and such. Just wouldn't be fun for the losers.

Should all be compatible with what's been released already in this edition of Necromunda I'd imagine, these will just be two new gangs or some of them are subsects of gangs, the Van Saar weapon dudes in that new box are probably just the representation they wanted to use in this box, I'd wager the noble Spyrers in it will be a gang you can play as and then hire any members from any given existing gang as their hired help.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 18, 2024

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Admech stuff kicks rear end, how are they not putting those in 40K

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Professor Shark posted:

life is pain

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If I played Admech I would just use a bunch of 30K poo poo and use them in 40K as just proxies for whatever cus that stuff is sick as hell.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

This has been discussed more in the AoS thread but, according to rumor, some suit at GW wants to put a bright bold line between all the mainline games so they can tell which ones are selling better. In practice this means getting rid of crossover models between 40k-30k-AoS-ToW which is the (speculated) reason Beasts of Chaos got kicked over to ToW so unceremoniously and years of AoS support and may ultimately be why 30k models are getting ripped out of 40k. Don't know what this means for the likes of Daemons or Custodes but I expect some dumb bullshit regardless.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Plastic Thallax own but they need the creepy rear end glossy black face plate, none of this metal nonsense.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Ugghhhhhh I want to start a 30k mechanicum army so bad now

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AnEdgelord posted:

This has been discussed more in the AoS thread but, according to rumor, some suit at GW wants to put a bright bold line between all the mainline games so they can tell which ones are selling better. In practice this means getting rid of crossover models between 40k-30k-AoS-ToW which is the (speculated) reason Beasts of Chaos got kicked over to ToW so unceremoniously and years of AoS support and may ultimately be why 30k models are getting ripped out of 40k. Don't know what this means for the likes of Daemons or Custodes but I expect some dumb bullshit regardless.

Daemons straddling AOS and 40k hopefully shouldn't be affected because both games are from the same side of the dividing line of GW proper and Forgeworld.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Daemons straddling AOS and 40k hopefully shouldn't be affected because both games are from the same side of the dividing line of GW proper and Forgeworld.

They're in 30k too. Just not in the usual ways. Chaos is more unified during the Heresy and humanity doesn't know a goddamn thing about it. You don't get the dividing lines between gods and their followers. Instead, you're encouraged to convert and proxy to represent whatever you want. You're also free to just run, say, demons of slaanesh under generic names if you want to.

I fully expect demons to make their way to the Old World as well. They have pdf rules for now, but we know they're gearing up for the Great War Against Chaos which is when they started to be more of a thing.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

bij posted:

Plastic Thallax own but they need the creepy rear end glossy black face plate, none of this metal nonsense.

It looks like they get the parts to do both.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

They've taken steps to make Daemons as incompatible as possible between AOS and 40k while still being the same models. Demons in 40k are all in one faction, while Demons in AOS are all mixed into their Monogod factions. They removed the option of taking an army with the full demon spectrum going into AOS 3rd edition.

A 40k Daemon player can only use a quarter of his models in AOS, and a AOS khorne/nurgle/slaanesh/tzeentch player can only use half his models in 40k. And both have bad armies if they do try.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Geisladisk posted:

They've taken steps to make Daemons as incompatible as possible between AOS and 40k while still being the same models. Demons in 40k are all in one faction, while Demons in AOS are all mixed into their Monogod factions. They removed the option of taking an army with the full demon spectrum going into AOS 3rd edition.

A 40k Daemon player can only use a quarter of his models in AOS, and a AOS khorne/nurgle/slaanesh/tzeentch player can only use half his models in 40k. And both have bad armies if they do try.

I mean everyone knows Emperor’s Children are coming but nothing has been shown for the cult legions or daemons yet. It’s entirely possible they’re not getting an EC codex but will appear in codex: slaanesh with the other gods getting split too. It’d solve daemons sitting in the awkward spot of being 1 army that is also 4 separate armies.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ro5s posted:

I mean everyone knows Emperor’s Children are coming but nothing has been shown for the cult legions or daemons yet. It’s entirely possible they’re not getting an EC codex but will appear in codex: slaanesh with the other gods getting split too. It’d solve daemons sitting in the awkward spot of being 1 army that is also 4 separate armies.

Yeah it's fairly suspect how they didn't spread out the Chaos codexes more, and the first year of 10th has focused almost entirely on Imperium / Xenos factions. It's almost like many of them are being kept back until closer to EC being ready.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

ngl I was expecting more from the jump pack canoness. This just looks like another zephyrim model.
Ya, wish there was a better shot of the mace cos that thing looks cool, and the halberd might be the best pose. Pity she can't have the anti-psyker Xbow.

Is it just me or does the Cults boxes seem like way more value (assuming same price) than the sisters boxes. The cults battleforce has two vehicles, 20 infantry, 5 heavy infantry and two characters. And the sisters has 15 fly girls a tank and a character.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Geisladisk posted:

40k demon players deserve to suffer imo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

hoiyes posted:

And the sisters has 15 fly girls a tank and a character.
At least the tank looks better than the go-kart in that space marine battleforce last christmas.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Playing three games of 40k in one day with imperial guard, picking up a hundred miniatures after every game, why do people do this to themselves?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

hoiyes posted:

Ya, wish there was a better shot of the mace cos that thing looks cool, and the halberd might be the best pose. Pity she can't have the anti-psyker Xbow.

Is it just me or does the Cults boxes seem like way more value (assuming same price) than the sisters boxes. The cults battleforce has two vehicles, 20 infantry, 5 heavy infantry and two characters. And the sisters has 15 fly girls a tank and a character.

Rough math is that not factoring the character prices they're actually the same value monetarily.

Zephyrim $60 x3 = 180
Exorcist $90

Total $270

Neophyte Hybrids $55
Goliath Rockgrinder $60
Goliath Truck $60
Genestealers $55
Aberrants $45

Total $275

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

$90 exorcist is a crime.

edit: 5 miniatures for $60 is also pretty bad, but not as bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

At least the tank looks better than the go-kart in that space marine battleforce last christmas.
I've got a soft spot for it, but I did kitbash mine with a bunch of other unused stuff because the stock was pretty boring.

Eej posted:

Rough math is that not factoring the character prices they're actually the same value monetarily.

Zephyrim $60 x3 = 180
Exorcist $90

Total $270

Neophyte Hybrids $55
Goliath Rockgrinder $60
Goliath Truck $60
Genestealers $55
Aberrants $45

Total $275

Ooof, I'll probably pick it up then because I want an exorcist anyway, and it dovetails nicely with last year's Xmas box. If anything, flight stand models should be cheaper because of the added cost of sourcing 3d smoke trails.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Painting an Exorcist will take you longer than the entire GSC Battle Force. It's probably priced right in terms of detail.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Just read the article more closely, only four detachments for the sisters. If I had to guess based on 9thMartyred Lady (index), Bloody Rose (buff melee), Ebon Chalice (buff meltas/flamers), and then some amalgam of Sacred Rose / Valorous Heart for miracle dice manipulation / defensive buff. Argent Shroud probably not included?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hoiyes posted:

Just read the article more closely, only four detachments for the sisters. If I had to guess based on 9thMartyred Lady (index), Bloody Rose (buff melee), Ebon Chalice (buff meltas/flamers), and then some amalgam of Sacred Rose / Valorous Heart for miracle dice manipulation / defensive buff. Argent Shroud probably not included?

They said in the stream it's the index detachment, an angel detachment for the flyers buffing nearby units, melta flamer bolter buff, and repentia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I painted mine as Ebon Chalice, so the flamer/melta/bolter buff will probably be fine, but I sure am disappointed with all these lackluster 4 detachment codexes.