Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

nearly killed em! posted:

I've never heard of this podcast but this clip is absolute lunacy. Russia is responsible for white-nationalism is Europe, the place where Nazis originated? that's insane

isn't navalny a hardcore white nationalist?

edit: not suggesting that the clip is right, but more commenting on how russiagaters don't understand a loving thing about russian politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atrocious Joe posted:

warren getting the Russiagate themed podcast endorsement
https://twitter.com/gaslitnation/status/1234318371296022529?s=20

There's actually a fourth k in KKK and it's the Kremlin :hmmyes:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/1234342701585326080

not good. warren needs to get under 15%

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
here’s some interesting audio from a warren colleague at penn in the 80s

https://twitter.com/plaidhombre/status/1222144715866431491?s=21

https://twitter.com/plaidhombre/status/1222145000559038465?s=21

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

whatis posted:

edit: not suggesting that the clip is right, but more commenting on how russiagaters don't understand a loving thing about russian politics

He's not explicitly one, but he's pretty right-wing. Thus the U.S. media loves him and hilariously sees him as an antidote to Putin.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

a lot of voters are not really consistent like you think. my mother likes pete and bernie. it doesn't have to make sense, and most people aren't on twitter or think in political-science terms like the "moderate lane."'

some of the pete supporters are taking the news pretty hard though. yeah, your candidate who placed first*, second and third in the first three states is dropping out before super tuesday to try to ratfuck the frontrunner out of an epic win -- yes, it must be confusing. it must be the bernie bros... they were so mean to poor pete. who is sweet and gay in an innocent and sexually non-threatening way. i see a lot of aggrieved comments about bernie bros.

was thinking about this... a lot of attacks on bernie are not against bernie but against his supporters -- or they are indirect attacks, like bernie isn't doing enough to "reign in" his supporters. but like I said, most voters don't pay attention to twitter. if you do door-to-door canvassing, you'll quickly realize how the vast majority of people have no knowledge of "bernie bros" or any of this. secondly, it doesn't actually peel bernie's supporters away: it makes them double down on their support even harder.

on the bright side: it doesn't work. but if you look at a lot of comments from pete supporters, you'll see that his appeal is often personality driven: he has an inspiring personal story. by contrast, I thinkbernie is kind of like an anti-personality. it's not about him. for me it's about healthcare and the movement around him. i don't particularly care to have a beer with the dude, or whatever, and don't care if people don't like him. pete's personal story does not matter to me either (and im gay, incidentally). but because his support is personality driven, if you don't like pete then a view takes hold that opposition must somehow be the result of some toxic personal animus

Yeah for all the bullshit about how "Twitter isn't real life" and "get outside your Bernie Bubble" and whatever the gently caress that pundits poop out online, it's incredibly clear that they've never talked to a normal rear end voter. Some are plugged in but most just have no political framework at all and pick based on inscrutable factors that might as well be random. If you've done like one single canvassing shift in your life you have likely figured this out, but these freaks only talk to their dumb friends and their Twitter sycophants

Maybe Pete giving a public endorsement will sway some folks but it would be harder for me to believe if Bernie didn't have like 20%+ of Pete's former people just because why the hell wouldn't he

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

He's not explicitly one, but he's pretty right-wing. Thus the U.S. media loves him and hilariously sees him as an antidote to Putin.

that's not really hilarious at all

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Office Pig posted:

that's not really hilarious at all

No, it's really not, I'm just trying to laugh through the tears.

I guess the good news is that, like previous Western darling Gary Kasparov, he'll never be President of Russia and never be politically relevant there.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

navalny endorsed bernie iirc

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

He did. It's...not an endorsement I'd trumpet.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

he did, recently, but i would more likely suspect it out of some motivation to maintain credence as an outsider figure than trying to find common ground

navalny is the sort who would more likely introduce shock therapy 2: electric boogaloo than the social democratic reforms sanders has in mind

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thats good stuff

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

That does swing the delegate count a bit - but most of California is still district level.

Bernie needs to get 40%+ in California and he is trending in that direction. Make calls!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Joementum posted:

there's also been basically zero quality polling outside of TX, CA, and MA

i mean, bernie is probably going to win UT and biden is probably going to win AL, but you can't base that on polls

Biden is winning Alabama for sure. We have the same institutional/Demographic pressures as South Carolina. Birmingham's mayor endorsed Bernie in 16 but went Biden months ago. And our young white Democrats think they are progressives because they'd vote Buttigieg (Rest In Piss) or Klobuchar.

You hate to see it

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Did Pete say why he was dropping out

Gotta forage more nuts and berries for next winter

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Lpzie posted:

since the sixties Biden has dreamed of having Obama as his VP and now he will. Black face Pete.

Zwarte Pete

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Since Pete dropped out how many of the previous caucuses default to Bernie?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Squashy posted:

Biden is winning Alabama for sure. We have the same institutional/Demographic pressures as South Carolina. Birmingham's mayor endorsed Bernie in 16 but went Biden months ago. And our young white Democrats think they are progressives because they'd vote Buttigieg (Rest In Piss) or Klobuchar.

You hate to see it

As long as Bernie is viable in states he doesn't win - both statewide and in congressional districts - it's fine provided he can run up a lead in California, Texas, etc.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dean of Swing posted:

Since Pete dropped out how many of the previous caucuses default to Bernie?

https://twitter.com/FHQ/status/1234274040870834176

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

god bless

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

theres never any good news

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Did Pete say why he was dropping out

It's actually the absolute perfect time for Pete to drop out, for his future presidential runs.

Remember that Pete has literally zero principals beyond "Become president of America." With that in mind Pete dropping now means that if Biden gets the nom he gets credit for taking one for the team. If Biden loses against Trump it doesn't really effect Pete at all. He'll angle for a Biden cabinent seat then Biden beating Trump becomes a dream scenario for him as he will hope it will get him support in the black community.

If Bernie gets the nomination Pete will just rebrand himself as a more progressive canidate that was happy to be wrong about who could beat Trump or as a Uniter in Chief if Bernie's legislation doesn't gain traction.

I expect he will angle for chief of staff or secretary of state in a Biden cabinent so Biden can give the VP slot to Warren to throw a bone to progressives. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Pete gets VP and Liz gets some useless cabinent slot.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erE1Nf2hCmk

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I keep trying to share this and it says it isn't available :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

whatis posted:

No, he isn't, really. At least not hardcore.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Liz ain't getting poo poo, literally everybody hates her except Bernie which is why her going hard against him while cozying up to the ghouls has been especially stupid. Her whole career has been getting rope a doped by people so stupid they lost to trump and she's falling for it again

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1234274159305404417?s=19

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Another one of those stupid bosses where the weapon you get isn't related to anything they do.

I was certain we'd get Rat Mode for beating Rat Man.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/malikthesudani/status/1234255736919613441

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/pblest/status/1234294550094585858?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

at least a lot of votes are already locked in, including older people more likely to vote biden/pete/moderate?

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Tunicate posted:

And remember he's under investigation by ukraine

https://twitter.com/BBCMonitoring/status/1232974383561441281

gently caress

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

at least a lot of votes are already locked in, including older people more likely to vote biden/pete/moderate?

yeah i wonder how much early voting throws this off. personally, everyone i know has already voted.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Yeah like half of the vote is in already. It's fine, don't sweat it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

Lmfao are they really going to coalesce behind Joe?

Nah. Joe is out after Super Tuesday, Bloomberg buys out the rest of the campaigns except warren.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

I keep trying to share this and it says it isn't available :(

Clicking the link doesn't work, but copying the link and pasting it into the url bar does.
Twitter is a garbage fire

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I think the death door knocking comic didn't have it quite right. We only knocked on Biden's door - we haven't knocked it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1234287886037594112?s=20