Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_LasOjYP_M

Also if you want the final special edition of Recoiled by Coil/NIN, it's a picture disc: http://store.coldspring.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4189

what a terrible name, ala Reloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Revenge of the Nerds actually has a loving dope soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFjO3BQ1HY

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hey, thing I recognize! Bit of a surprise to see it in the video thumbnail.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Found a pretty interesting interview with DJ Sheep who is a 3 x Australian State DMC DJ Champion, it's mostly about digging for vinyl and other stuff of interest.

interview link

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Snowy posted:

That reminds me of when you find some hidden gem that's not priced, and you have to be all non-chalant like "so, uh, how much you want for this one" while inside you're like HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT HOLYSHIT. That's happened to me lots of times with NYC street vendors who, if they sense any interest, are liable to ask any crazy price that comes to mind.

This happens to me at my local GCF Donation thrift store. Vinyl is $1 flat rate regardless. 99% of the time it's just absolute junk there, but occasionally there will be absolute gems, and I just slowly pick it up and walk to the register acting like I'm helping them out by taking this junk off their hands.

edit: Here's every record I own. Feel free to nitpick.

the fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 27, 2014

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

the posted:

This happens to me at my local GCF Donation thrift store. Vinyl is $1 flat rate regardless. 99% of the time it's just absolute junk there, but occasionally there will be absolute gems, and I just slowly pick it up and walk to the register acting like I'm helping them out by taking this junk off their hands.

That's a pretty small collection. Get out! Get out while you still can, do not suffer my fate!

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
So usually I wouldn't ask something like this unless it's a huge thing. According to this page, http://official-charisma.com/archives/category/news I'm pretty certain Charisma.Com is releasing a vinyl copy of their album on RSD. These guys don't have any US distribution so I feel safe in assuming this will be a Japan only release. We don't by any chance have any Japan based goons that post do we? Japan based goons that are also maybe hitting a store or two on RSD? If so I would greatly appreciate the huge favor of grabbing one of these and shipping it to the US, I'll of course gladly cover all costs and throw in some extra for the hassle.

BTW, that Elastica reissue is probably going to be a UK thing isn't it? Oh well, that can always be grabbed off ebay or something.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

the posted:

I love the Pennies from Heaven soundtrack as well. Such a great compilation of that stuff. Fantastic movie, too.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Did you ever see a real dream walking? Well, I did.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Snowy posted:

Also if you want the final special edition of Recoiled by Coil/NIN, it's a picture disc:

picture disc??? *Groan forever* i bought the plain black version bc i can't stand color / picture

it's also still available at boomkat http://boomkat.com/vinyl/933525-coil-nine-inch-nails-recoiled
and forced exposure http://beta.forcedexposure.com/Label/COLD.SPRING.RECORDS.html

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sure, but that's not "special" :v:

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Finally filled up the second box in my expedit!

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Get some sleeves on those!

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Revenge of the Nerds actually has a loving dope soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFjO3BQ1HY

Finally somebody with some taste. "Sex Girls" is the ultimate party track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49HkIbq7so

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Swing looooooooow, sweet chariooooooooot...

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
You've got to put one foot in front the other put your one foot down down down

Champ Baldoon
Nov 22, 2012

dont let me get in my zone
Any DC/baltimore cats wanna recommend some shops in the area to crate dig for electronic music? My usual stomping ground is the Fairfax Record and tape exchange but I always have to go through the entire hiphop/dj section to find the electronic records. Which is a pain because I have to discog anything that looks odd out which usually works since most of the records in that section are def jam, etc. I'm gonna hit the Arbutus Record & CD show in Baltimore soon to see what they have. All I've really found though in most shops is classic rock and metal. Really looking for a shop with electronic/disco(sampling) records that are organized decently.

Club Sandwich
May 25, 2012
Some friends of mine are putting out a record soon and I managed to snag a pre-order that's pressed in a really interesting mix of colors.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Woooooeeee! Today was a great day for records plopping through the letterbox:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amazon added AutoRip to alot of their records now, which is cool.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I need to just stay off Polyvinyl's website, this happens every time

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sockser posted:

I need to just stay off Polyvinyl's website, this happens every time

Wait til their Garage Sale starts. I was basically ordering stuff every week all last summer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got the Maniac LP on Death Waltz I had been looking for and the Violator reissue. Good week for electronic music!

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Just got my brown/black splatter Coil/NIN record. It's super ugly and I loving love it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yay vinyl deliveries! I got my sweet sweet pure white vinyl of The Body - I Shall Die Here, along with the flaming Lips LP recommended above (my first of theirs, and El-P Cancer4Cure

But I haven't listened to any of them because I was out seeing Jodorowski's Dune with some music scene friends who proposed I do a release on their label! I hope to have something to show here before long. Goon colored vinyl only.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Finally got my turntable back from the shop today. Needed completely new RCA cables, which in total cost me $130 for parts and labor. In hindsight I'm pretty sure that was a rip-off, but gently caress it at least my Technics is back in business...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My 5x5 expedit crashed and smashed when I was moving this weekend. Everything was out of it and as I was lowering it I guess it bowed in the middle and the wooden little dowels couldn't take it. CRACK~

I think in the future im going to stick with 2x2's and stack em up - esp. with the newer models having skinnier edges so it won't look too weird when stacked. Whenever I see these monster walls with records in expedits I hope they don't plan on moving anytime soon.

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.
Story time!

I went to go see Lacuna Coil last night. Pretty good, opening acts were real neat-o too. The $15 to get in also included a free CD that you had to go get at the merch area. Picked up my CD and a shot glass ($5). Buying merch allows you to do the after show meet-'n-greet with the band.
Once the show ends, I got in the autograph line; I was pretty far ahead (practically the front). Some woman comes up to me and says, "Oh, hey, sorry, listen, I have to go really soon. Is it okay if I cut in front of you?" Well, she asked, so I just said, "Yeah sure." She then proceeds to open her purse, and hands me $100. Not a typo. Mind you, the line was pretty short, too. 15-20 minute wait. And she just gave me the money and thanked me again. Didn't see her again after that.
This morning, ran down to my local record store and pre-ordered BoC's repressings of MhtRtC and TCH, that new deluxe edition of American Football, and Tyler's pressing of Wolf (finally).

drat, I just realized I wasted $100 that easily. Oh well.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

3dou posted:

drat, I just realized I wasted $100 that easily. Oh well.

Sounds like you haven't been buying records that long.

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.

Personperson14 posted:

About a year and a half now, but I usually try and limit myself.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Personperson14 posted:

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

picked up kraftwerk - autobahn for a buck today. life is good.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

So, regarding the Best Buy shipping, as you can see, it ships in what's basically a paper bag, only just a bit better. There's some sort of perforated strip that runs the whole thing, which makes it easy to rip open, for better or for worse.

Inside, albums were sandwiched in a folded over piece of cardboard, clasped with the Best Buy label. I don't think it would take a ton of beating but it did alright in the postage.

Everything came out looking just fine, given the price I'm happy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Partycat posted:

So, regarding the Best Buy shipping, as you can see, it ships in what's basically a paper bag

That's funny that's the same crappy package I got with the Sears records, but the Best Buy order came in a very sturdy mailer.

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.

Dogen posted:

Got the Maniac LP on Death Waltz I had been looking for and the Violator reissue. Good week for electronic music!

Did you get the horrid illustrated US Maniac or the cool UK one with the mannequins?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DammitJanet posted:

Did you get the horrid illustrated US Maniac or the cool UK one with the mannequins?

The cool UK one I guess? Mannequins and clear frosted vinyl. I didn't realize it wasn't the US one, though now that you mention it it doesn't really fit with most of their other covers. Only $30 too, and it looks like it's 40 on Amazon and the like.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

DammitJanet posted:

The illustrated ones were put out by Mondo, the limited edition movie poster company.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Today's haul:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

kirkjames posted:

Today's haul:

Good poo poo. How is that Haxan Cloak/Body record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Chill Callahan posted:

Good poo poo. How is that Haxan Cloak/Body record?

man, I've stopped listening to most doom/sludge slow metal stuff in general but gently caress is it heavy.

and it comes with an ILL newspaper print inner that says I SHALL DIE HERE big as hell. gonna freak my roommates out with that.