Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Has Rich ever left Milwaukee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why would he ever need to leave Milwaukee?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Milwaukee is a hivemind. Those people don't leave. They just stay and get fatter and drunker until they're reabsorbed​ into the brood.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I expect a new nerd crew based on the new star wars trailer that just dropped.

It's appropriately bleh but I did appreciate the last line - although I wish they would replace the word 'jedi' with 'star wars.'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Now say I'm your momma!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

We Know Catheters posted:

Since he moved there from Chicago?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Yeah I can't wait for the inevitable nerd crew podcast on this one.

Or maybe they'll pull a switcharoo and talk about anything but.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

:regd08:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Milwaukee is a hivemind. Those people don't leave. They just stay and get fatter and drunker until they're reabsorbed​ into the brood.

It's basically like "The Tommyknockers" except with more beer drinking and cheese eating.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Bill Bryson has a line about how there are two kinds of people in the Midwest - people who spend their entire life waiting to get married and settle down into a steady job, suburban house and kids, and people who spend their entire life railing against the banality of Midwest life and how they can't wait to leave, then get married and settle down into a steady job, suburban house and kids.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

We Know Catheters posted:

Rich and Mike are from Chicago initially(technically the greater Chicago area), and Jay is from somewhere else. Rich isn't too clear on why they all moved to Milwaukee, he just went along with Mike and thought it'd be a temporary thing after college, and now he's stuck there.

For some reason he has an irrational hatred of the Cubs, and from anecdotes he's shared on stream it seems to be because he got bullied by Cubs fans when he was a kid and can't emotionally move past it.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Paladinus posted:

I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

I didnt expect this to be the titular line of demolition man

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
New Star War trailer is very very cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks for spoiling it

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Lurdiak posted:

Rich and Mike are from Chicago initially(technically the greater Chicago area), and Jay is from somewhere else. Rich isn't too clear on why they all moved to Milwaukee, he just went along with Mike and thought it'd be a temporary thing after college, and now he's stuck there.

For some reason he has an irrational hatred of the Cubs, and from anecdotes he's shared on stream it seems to be because he got bullied by Cubs fans when he was a kid and can't emotionally move past it.

Jay is from some tiny lovely town in WI, where he went to a tiny lovely high school and his parents have a farm now. Milwaukee has to feel vibrant and exciting in contrast.

MikeCrotch posted:

Bill Bryson has a line about how there are two kinds of people in the Midwest - people who spend their entire life waiting to get married and settle down into a steady job, suburban house and kids, and people who spend their entire life railing against the banality of Midwest life and how they can't wait to leave, then get married and settle down into a steady job, suburban house and kids.
It's true, but maybe if you're the latter, you can move somewhere slightly less depressing first, which is what I did.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

New Star War trailer is very very cool

Me personally, I LOVE this film.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The vistas!! Very cool. Great vistas.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
And that shot of General Leia (spoiler). Amazing. There's so much to analyze and digest in that trailer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

What does the dog know?

This Twin Peaks reboot is looking gnarly

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

General Dog posted:

This Twin Peaks reboot is looking gnarly

Who would be the Laura Palmer?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Disney keeps hittin the FUCKIN HOME RUNS

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the starwars trailer looked loving boring

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Star Wars season gets earlier and earlier every year

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

so are fin and poe gonna kiss or what

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have literally no idea what the new star wars is about

That trailer told me that uh, Rey from the previous movie will be in it and uh, there are some sort of ships? And the emo darth vader is back doing...something

They're fighting the empire again? Or is it the pseudo-empire? I saw one of those empire spaceships

whats going on,

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Zzulu posted:

whats going on,

We need to wait for all the Nerd™ Podcasts to finish filming. In the next few hours they'll analyze and forecast the entire plot of the movie while offering us great deals on Audible and Crunchy Roll.

And then we can go to CD to learn that the Jedi represent the Democratic Party and the Sith represent the aging patriarchy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

whats going on,

Rey swings the lighstaber at air, Finn is sleeping and waiting for the kiss of Poe, carrie fisher's corpse looks at glowing lines, Kylo Ren points his lightsaber menacingly, then there's an explosion and ships flying around. Then the big reveal: Mark Hamill says "gently caress star wars"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i will refrain judgment on the new star wars trailer until i hear Nerd Crew talk about it. also until i actually watch it

naem
May 29, 2011

15 minutes of mark hammil in full joker face paint humming the Star Trek theme song eating one snickers bar after another from a huge couch sized pile of them he's sitting on

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how they're going to hide the puppeteer strings on Carrie Fisher's dead body.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

vermin posted:

Who would be the Laura Palmer?

Jessie, obv.

Mike is Killer Bob and Jay is James Hurley.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Star Wars: The Last Mary Sue

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Based on what they did with TFA, this will just be a recreation of ESB.

So Rei will train with Luke, and then have a vision of danger and leave, probably to save Finn. Finn and Poe will fight the Empire, maybe Poe dies to up the stakes or something, end on a down note. Kylo Ren wins a battle with Rei.

ENDLESS TRASH!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

WampaLord posted:

So Rei will train with Luke, and then have a vision of danger and leave, probably to save Finn. Finn and Poe will fight the Empire, maybe Poe dies to up the stakes or something, end on a down note. Kylo Ren wins a battle with Rei.

ENDLESS TRASH!

Darth Vader shows up in the last five minutes and murders a bunch of people though this is a modern age we're living in.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

WampaLord posted:

ENDLESS TRASH!

Luke will be all CGI instead of the hand puppet he was in the first trilogy.

Finn will become a combination of Leia and Lando... in that he will double cross his old friend Poe... because he's black... and then when Poe gets frozen in carbonite, Finn will say I love you because he's gay.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

naem posted:

15 minutes of mark hammil in full joker face paint humming the Star Trek theme song eating one snickers bar after another from a huge couch sized pile of them he's sitting on

Not an empty quote

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMedia/comments/65dtxy/i_found_this_old_webzone_of_the_rlm_gang_back/

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/gmppictures/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

naem posted:

• Locked thread