Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Ok it's official the Tory manifesto has basically killed off their lead:

quote:

Before the manifesto launches 35% of people thought the Conservative party’s policies seemed well thought-through, 38% did not. A week later only 19% think their policies are well thought-through, 54% do not. Contrast this with the positive impact of Labour’s manifesto. Before their launch only 25% of people thought they had well-thought through policies, now 31% of people do.

I'm guessing this'll be known as the nastiest suicide note in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'll lol forever if corbyn and labour manage to pull this out of the bag.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I still think FPTP is gonna do it's job and gently caress us.
Nearly everyone I know is gonna vote labour but is also in a non-labour safe seat so our votes won't matter.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm seeing a lot of Lib Dem placards attached to people's gateposts around Portsmouth.
This seat used to be Lib Dem, went Tory in 2015. Might be the #LIBDEMFIGHTBACK is a real thing here. Sad, but I'll take 1 less tory seat, even if it does go to the party of misogynistic homophobes, because at least I know they won't be running the country.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

I'm seeing a lot of Lib Dem placards attached to people's gateposts around Portsmouth.
This seat used to be Lib Dem, went Tory in 2015. Might be the #LIBDEMFIGHTBACK is a real thing here. Sad, but I'll take 1 less tory seat, even if it does go to the party of misogynistic homophobes, because at least I know they won't be running the country.

Likewise in West Oxford - lots of Lib Dem placards, no Tory placards. But we'll see if it bears out.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

I still think FPTP is gonna do it's job and gently caress us.
Nearly everyone I know is gonna vote labour but is also in a non-labour safe seat so our votes won't matter.
No being a debbie downer, get out there and vote. You just never know who's going to show up on the day.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

namesake posted:

Ok it's official the Tory manifesto has basically killed off their lead:

I'm guessing this'll be known as the nastiest suicide note in history.

Where is this from?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

mediadave posted:

Where is this from?

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/05/25/manifesto-destinies/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They seriously called it "Manifesto Destinies"?

Someone linked me this, I think you'll all like it. Click through for the rest.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Oberleutnant posted:

I'm guessing the homophobia remark is to do with Farrons voting history on gay marriage but where is the misogynistic claim from?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wasn't he anti abortion at some point?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm guessing the homophobia remark is to do with Farrons voting history on gay marriage but where is the misogynistic claim from?
His stance on abortion, which is a pretty fundamental women's rights issue.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jedit posted:

They seriously called it "Manifesto Destinies"?

Can't because you made it timg. Right clicking it and opening a new tab works though.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Hey, maybe if they get some new MPs, like whoever-from-your-constituency, they can find a leader that isn't total garbage! Hope springs eternal.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Can't because you made it timg. Right clicking it and opening a new tab works though.

Yeah, sorry - it was a bit large to do as a normal image.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Wasn't he anti abortion at some point?

Fairly certain that point is 'now'

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Oberleutnant posted:

His stance on abortion, which is a pretty fundamental women's rights issue.

I wasn't even aware he had one that was against the grain. The lib dems have done a pretty poor job of staying in the news, even when its for bad things.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/868418605372907520

Turns out "Troops on the streets the week before an election" is a bad look for the party in power.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Preach, Reverend!
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/867764820417949696
https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/868419686815420417

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
In the Sun, so I won't link, but this just happened in the US:

quote:

Man ordered Muslim women off Portland train before slashing the throats of passengers who stepped in to help

A MAN ordered two Muslim women off a Portland train before slashing the throats of passengers who tried to defend them – two men have since died.

He shouted racist slurs at the women on the crowded commuter Metro train in the US on Friday night.

Cops said the man was shouting and raving while directing "anti-Muslim" abuse at the two young women - one of whom was wearing a hijab.

He reportedly told them to "get off the bus" because he "doesn't like Muslims", adding they "don't pay taxes".

Three men tried to defend the women but the man is said to have started stabbing them.

One man died at the scene after the train pulled into Hollywood station at about 5pm.

The other two men were taken to hospital where one of them also died. The third victim is not thought to be suffering from life-threatening injuries.

A witness said the men had their throats cut before the emergency services arrived.

Sergeant Pete Simpson said: "This suspect was on the train and he was yelling and ranting and raving, a lot of different things, including what would be characterised as hate speech or bias language.

"In the midst of his ranting and raving, some people approached him and appeared to try to intervene with his behaviour and some of the people he was yelling at and they were attacked viciously by the suspect.”

One witness said: "By the time we get over here I didn't know that there was already people that got stabbed.
"The only thing that I noticed was one white guy that got stabbed in the neck and he stopped over there and other people helped him to stop the bleeding."

Police said the suspect is now in custody after being arrested and has also suffered minor injuries.

He was described as a white male aged between 20 to 40-years-old.

A candlelit vigil will be held this evening at the transit centre for the victims.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Ah, here's a tasty little number from a few year back given a refresher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxN1STgQXW8

if you buy this song the profits go to food banks/peoples assembly

Oberleutnant posted:

fucks sake.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

File this under "right wing violence"? Ohoho no, clearly this man is just a lone mentally unstable person :angel:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Killed By Death posted:

File this under "right wing violence"? Ohoho no, clearly this man is just a lone mentally unstable person :angel:

I think you'll find it goes under "other" !

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/868402721816293379
Look at this loving jebend

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oberleutnant posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/TRobinsonNewEra/status/868402721816293379[/ur

I don't even... How?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

That's a bit embarrassing lmao

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
White Nationalists aint to bright, innit

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve2911 posted:

I don't even... How?

The Sun doesn't print a pop-up edition yet.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I'm not seeing any "TERROR IN PORTLAND" headlines. "Man hurling racial slurs", amazing whitewashing.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jedit posted:

Existential comics are great and do quite a few communist jokes.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

He took it down, what'd it say?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

spectralent posted:

Quoting the story Ober posted and replying:

Edit: Holy nuts that's a big tweet, oops.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aww he deleted it. Here's a bad print screen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

spectralent posted:

Paraphrasing, "So much for the so called religion of peace!"

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

spectralent posted:

Something like "the religion of peace" - clearly just read the word Muslim and got angry.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

But Tommy Robinson definitely isn't just a fascist.

Mind him cutting about claiming that for years, the EDL weren't fash, we're just normal...gently caress off.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Probably assumed "ordered the women off, to protect them from his muslamic stabbings he was about to do on the poor whites".

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Even I am not voting Tory anymore.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Here's another Tory idiot falling over himself trying to attack Corbyn without also attacking other people who agree with him. I think people might be catching on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mediadave posted:

Likewise in West Oxford - lots of Lib Dem placards, no Tory placards. But we'll see if it bears out.

Sup fellow Oxford West and Abingdon comrade. As you know most of the Tories are out in the countryside as opposed to Oxford and Abingdon, sadly.

• Locked thread