Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

To whoever it was that raided most of my stock of crafting mats last night: I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I connected to a goon 20 minutes ago, haven't been able to move yet

As soon as the flight info screen finishes i get another banner about someone leaving or coming, just awful

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 29, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Macaluso posted:

It's a cool mechanic that I just miss out on turnips if I work on a Sunday. I won't be able to buy turnips til Easter

Change your clock, my dude. That's why the mechanic exists. You're a grown-rear end adult with a job. You make the game operate on your time.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What’s up with the wallet size? My wife gets capped at 99k but I was able to carry around 130k without a problem.

E: ah, maybe it’s just the way the totals are displayed. I guess I didn’t dig into my inventory between withdrawing my life savings and going all in on turnips

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 29, 2020

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Macaluso posted:

It's a cool mechanic that I just miss out on turnips if I work on a Sunday. I won't be able to buy turnips til Easter

I'm going to set my clock back a couple hours today because of my work schedule. Otherwise I'm never going to be able to check morning turnip prices. I'll give it a week before I start complaining about never being able to do any night fishing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hobo Clown posted:

Do they go bad if they aren't in your house? Or is this to prevent visitors from stealing them?

They go bad if you don't sell them in a week, but yeah any visitors can pick em up if you leave them out in the open.

LawfulWaffle posted:

What’s up with the wallet size? My wife gets capped at 99k but I was able to carry around 130k without a problem.

Check your item screen, you can only carry 99k, anything over that takes up another item slot until *that* gets another 99k, then another item slot etcetc

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

Anything over 99k moves the first 99k into your inventory as a bag of bells. If you don't have an empty space you cap at 99

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hobo Clown posted:

Do they go bad if they aren't in your house? Or is this to prevent visitors from stealing them?

I think the only thing that makes them go bad is waiting a week (and maybe time traveling backwards).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

IronicDongz posted:

this is an obvious reason to change your date slightly that no one will fault you for

agreed 100% but be aware Turnips are extremely sensitive to time travel

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

The wallet only holds 99k, if you're carrying more than that it's in your inventory

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

LawfulWaffle posted:

You can fit 99k in your wallet. You are also able to hold bags of bells in your inventory.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
You sad sacks crying about loading screens today....this is only buying day

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They go bad if you don't sell them in a week, but yeah any visitors can pick em up if you leave them out in the open.

Ok that's what I thought. I've got them filling up a field near the store for now, I'll put up some barbed wire before I invite anyone over

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fun Times! posted:

oh god :negative:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cattail Prophet posted:

To whoever it was that raided most of my stock of crafting mats last night: I'm not angry, just disappointed.
...how did someone raid your crafting mats?

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What about if you leave them on the floor in your house? Are visitors able to pick those up or are they treated like furniture?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Is there a way to tell what hemisphere an island your visiting is on? Been hunting for south islands for fishing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Fun Times! posted:

I think I'm in over my head :cripes:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

Change your clock, my dude. That's why the mechanic exists. You're a grown-rear end adult with a job. You make the game operate on your time.

play the game right you loving cheating piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So when you're trying to connect to an island with a Dodo Code, is it worth it to keep doing the "Can you check again?" thing to try to sneak in? In my experience so far I've either been able to fly over right away or never but drat it Daisy Mae is selling super high on my island today so I want to buy cheaper.

I'm sure trying to connect now is a lovely idea anyway since everyone's going to be in their inventories and talking to Daisy Mae constantly but :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fun Times! posted:

i have 4 entire inventories worth of turnips to sell

rip to whoever gets a good price for them

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Harrow posted:

So when you're trying to connect to an island with a Dodo Code, is it worth it to keep doing the "Can you check again?" thing to try to sneak in? In my experience so far I've either been able to fly over right away or never but drat it Daisy Mae is selling super high on my island today so I want to buy cheaper.

I'm sure trying to connect now is a lovely idea anyway since everyone's going to be in their inventories and talking to Daisy Mae constantly but :negative:

I've had it work in the second or third try a couple times, but that's been on general visits rather than with folks lining up for dialogue-heavy merchants.

fereldish
Jun 25, 2012

Lux Animus posted:

Also, Nana just asked me:

"Remember Claire..?"

haha its me, I'm the casual trash

Opening my gates for a bit while I do chores - Mabel's in the plaza, Nook's has unlimited throwback skull radios, and Daisy Mae has turnips for 92 bells.

40N3K 8G8DK Closed for now; Daisy Mae has gone home. Thanks for the drawings! :allears:

fereldish fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 29, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I considered getting turnips today but remembering all the horror stories of dealing with Nintendo's online I put that money towards a ramp instead.

I feel I made the right choice.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

The only time you should stop trying to connect is if they straight tell you it's full, or if it gives you a connection error. Otherwise, it just means every one is trying to buy and they have to hop out of menus.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I considered getting turnips today but remembering all the horror stories of dealing with Nintendo's online I put that money towards a ramp instead.

I feel I made the right choice.

It's really not that bad if you're just looking to chill with a friend and make a few bucks. It's just everyone running in for cool items or making hundreds per turnip on a single island that's a pain.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Harrow posted:

Based on sell day experiences last week, if you're seeing the interference message you at least have a slot reserved on the server, you just have to wait until everyone is idle to slip in. I've never seen it go from "interference" to "town full", at least, where if I stopped trying again and retyped the dodo code of a busy town it'd immediately tell me it was full.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Can turnips be stored? I didn’t have the option but maybe my storage was full?

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Maybe some people know this already, but turnips rot when it turns to Sunday, not after one week.

If you visit an island that's on a time zone ahead of yours and buy turnips on their Sunday (your Saturday) then you better sell them as soon as you get back to your island or else they'll rot the next day.

At least I caught an ant for the museum...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well I managed to connect to someone's island finally and I've been running around for like 10 minutes without seeing the slightest hint of Daisy Mae so I'm quite confused

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

Can turnips be stored? I didn’t have the option but maybe my storage was full?

No, you just dump them on the floor. If it's outside people can take them unless you fence them in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forgot the buy price for turnips was a variable too and sank 200k at 110 per :negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there anything wrong with storing turnips outside instead of in my house? I don't have a ton of room in there yet.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
It's Biff's birthday! Come to his house and find out if the birthday attendance Nook Miles and titles still unlock when visiting another island! 93 bell turnips for 30 more minutes. Leave a message on the board!

BD10D I'll be afk at the party house.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fun Times! posted:

It's Biff's birthday! Come to his house and find out if the birthday attendance Nook Miles and titles still unlock when visiting another island! 93 bell turnips for 30 more minutes. Leave a message on the board!

BD10D I'll be afk at the party house.

I got my Biff a Zap Suit, he seemed to love it.

His birthday party really filled him with confidence.

I just wish more villagers went besides myself and Phoebe.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My first villager birthday is going to be Buck. gently caress Buck. He's getting a wasp nest.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Got 1500 turnips today @ 98 each. Not great, not bad. Feelin' good!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i have 4 entire inventories worth of turnips to sell

rip to whoever gets a good price for them
that person is afk'ing and playing doom eternal while everyone in their game tries to get through to the nooks

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

Is there anything wrong with storing turnips outside instead of in my house? I don't have a ton of room in there yet.

Visitors can steal them if they aren't fenced off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is my first time messing with turnips. I'm guessing starting tomorrow everyone's gonna check Nook's prices and if someone gets a really good deal, they'll post it and we'll swarm their island and tank the economy with millions of turnips?