Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

gun girl also has mass shooter shrek lurking around at all times

i'm michael heil's backpack. are they even in school anymore? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Spergin Morlock posted:

it's for the diapers and other such poopy paraphernalia

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

10 is the probably the best me mechanically of the older games and has the most cohesive story of them all so it’s not surprising

Grand Wizard Wakka is relevant to this thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Spergin Morlock posted:

everywhere he goes is a school

to shoot up

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we take the dang ff chat to the games thread

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

She will use the power of the orb to cleanse gun girl’s soul. She’ll call it...a spiritual enema.

"Mature ORBMother disciplines bratty chicken wing and ramen noodle dish"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
People should never forget that aside from the semi apocryphal stuff about Kent State Gun Girl making GBS threads here or there, it is a matter of fact and public record that she headed up the Toilet Paper USA diaper street show, which was such an amazing flop that she actually lost her sweet Koch Bro ride:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/student-activist-quits-turning-points-usa-shithole-organization

e: “I expect to be paid in full for my hours worked, since the organization is also too incompetent to multiply 10 by 12.50 every week.”

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 11:22 on Sep 6, 2019

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Blast of Confetti posted:

can we take the dang ff chat to the games thread

fallout 2 was the best one

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

This is an interesting wrinkle in the Straight Pride Parade poo poo, one Boston cop was responsible for nearly every instance of violence.

Also Judge Dick Sinnot refused to decline charges against some of the protesters, to the point of locking up their lawyer for reading case law about how he can't do that and the D.A. has appealed to the Mass supreme court.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

This is an interesting wrinkle in the Straight Pride Parade poo poo, one Boston cop was responsible for nearly every instance of violence.

Also Judge Dick Sinnot refused to decline charges against some of the protesters, to the point of locking up their lawyer for reading case law about how he can't do that and the D.A. has appealed to the Mass supreme court.

nazi cop troop chudge

quote:

Richard Sinnott is a judge of the Boston Municipal Court. He was nominated by Gov. Charlie Baker (R) on March 1, 2017, to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Patricia E. Bernstein. Sinnott's nomination was unanimously approved by the Governor's Council on April 12, 2017.[1][2][1][3]

Sinnott earned an A.A. and a B.A. in government from Norwich University and a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School.[1]

Sinnott's experience includes owning a firm, the Sinnott Law Office, and working as an investigator for the Suffolk District Attorney's Office. He has also served as a lieutenant colonel and judge advocate in the U.S. Army Reserve and an instructor for the Defense Institute of International Legal Studies, the U.S. Military Academy, the Harvard Law School Center for Criminal Justice, and the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council.

lmao :d2a:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is it possible for cops and judges to coordinate on something like that? Like somebody decided it would be good to throw protesters in jail and chose a violent cop to start poo poo knowing they had a judge who would support them?

Or is it just acab?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Some of those who wear robes

Are the same who wear robes

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Is it possible for cops and judges to coordinate on something like that? Like somebody decided it would be good to throw protesters in jail and chose a violent cop to start poo poo knowing they had a judge who would support them?

Or is it just acab?

System's designed to let scumfucks present other scumfucks with opportunities to be scumfucks without obvious collusion.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Or is it just acab?

I wouldn't put it past them. Dick Sinnot wasn't the only judge that the arrested faced for their arraignments (although the legal procedure the DA used made those ones perfectly legal for the judge to charge over the DAs head) and Sinnot went out of his way to make sure he got the last batch of defendants.

And the Boston pigs have been very uppity lately. A homeless person assaulted a cop and this set into motion an operation whereby the cops were brutalizing homeless people and destroying their personal property, including a loving wheel chair.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What’s the point? The judge cannot present evidence, or compel the DA to present a case can he?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ocrumsprug posted:

What’s the point? The judge cannot present evidence, or compel the DA to present a case can he?

No but they can he hostile as gently caress towards the defense

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

ocrumsprug posted:

It’s separation of powers. Only the executive (the DA’s office) can prosecute a crime, and the Suffolk County DA is some stripe of progressive so she was going to drop charges against most of the protesters (because the police reports were too vague - some people are still charged with assaulting officers and those will not be dropped I expect). The judge didn’t want to do that, brought up some sort of inapplicable victim’s rights statute (no victims identified on the police reports for these individuals). To preserve the issue for appeal she has to make the (completely correct) argument that he can’t do that, so he power tripped and threw her in jail to cool her heels for a few hours. He’s probably going to be recalled now I expect.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
more info about one of the guys who was rounded up after el paso for making mass shooting threats

https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1169957844466184192

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Or is it just acab?

you're probably overthinking this. given the right-wing media portrayal of antifa it doesn't take a conspiracy, just a cop eager to start poo poo and a power-tripping judge who watches a lot of tucker carlson

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1169964762484097025

i also see this pop up a lot and i've been thinking about unstable people who get attracted to radical politics. what you see here is a history of reckless, impulsive behavior indicative of some underlying mental illness. the nazis it seems to me just opted to weaponize these people and try to push them into violence, and these guys do it because they feel that they'll be awarded with social points or martyrdom status. there are white supremacist groups that don't want people like around at the same time, but the broader culture of the far right is more amenable, which isn't good for the groups that do want to appear more disciplined, because people still end up dead at the hands of white supremacists which shocks and horrifies millions of people. i suppose they might also have opted to use these people because they don't feel like they can turn anyone away, maybe, or that the idea of young white men being into this thing suddenly seems novel -- not to mention that nazism is a loving bugnuts ideology to begin with.

the left i think generally agrees that it needs to build an alternative so people like that don't get involved in the far right, and try to provide services to help them deal with their underlying problems exacerbated by their alienation. but i can see people like this bouncing around a lot too, and i think anyone involved in left groups over enough time has probably encountered random people (typically men) who show up and are just loving weird and creepy. but it seems like the left groups are better at showing those people the door. building a movement that can help those people is necessary, but it's asking too much from these groups to allow unstable people to have a role when they probably shouldn't be involved in anything political at all. the safety and security of the group's members comes first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRLVgFNTnIg

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Sep 6, 2019

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

more info about one of the guys who was rounded up after el paso for making mass shooting threats

https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1169957844466184192

crackin' pingin'

quote:

The reason for Clayton’s use of aliases was apparent from his posts, in which he ranted about having to impersonate others because of his main account being “zucced” — an apparent reference to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg — meaning taken down repeatedly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

It is seeking to have Clayton banned from owning firearms or ammunition for one year

That oughtta do it lmfao

this country sucks so bad

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol Judge Dicksnot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1170011872508047360

quote:

It was on one of those trips, sometime in the spring, that Canadian officials conducted a random search of his truck and located racist material which they say was so concerning, they contacted the intelligence unit of the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA).

As a result, the CBSA notified the RCMP and the military, triggering a covert military intelligence investigation.

Two weeks ago, a Winnipeg Free Press report was published, alleging Mathews was recruiting for a white supremacist network called The Base, which operates out of the U.S.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/portlandmercury/status/1170020322180915201
https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1170036725143523328

^ that second account posts lots of interesting legal deep-dive stuff

https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1169906694253506561
https://twitter.com/TTOJAF/status/1169910114423201792

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Sep 6, 2019

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1170011212240830465

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ruh roh:

https://twitter.com/amyspitalnick/status/1170021354361491456

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It was on one of those trips, sometime in the spring, that Canadian officials conducted a random search of his truck and located racist material which they say was so concerning, they contacted the intelligence unit of the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA).

As a result, the CBSA notified the RCMP and the military, triggering a covert military intelligence investigation.

Two weeks ago, a Winnipeg Free Press report was published, alleging Mathews was recruiting for a white supremacist network called The Base, which operates out of the U.S.
hey do you guys think someone with a truck full of jihadi literature would be allowed to walk away not wearing handcuffs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
spitball theory: the canadian nazi was hopping across the border to join fed-run camps but the feds weren't telling the mounties

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/timjacobwise/status/1170046210788532224?s=19

only the baddest and raddest of dudes will read the replies

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmfao honestly, people walk around going "WHY IS IT OK FOR THERE TO BE BLACK PRIDE AND NOT WHITE PRIDE!?!?! :mad:" like it's POC's who ruined that for them and not their fellow whites and they themselves for letting those fellow whites do what they do with it.

Maybe you'd be able to get away with using racial slurs if you historically limited their use to just schoolyard teasing and not associating them so closely with slavery, murder and actual de-humanization in general. It's not everyone elses fault your own ancestors ruined that for you.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Oh look, another centrist liberal protecting and enabling fascists:

https://twitter.com/agalbraith/status/1169674105634902017

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

you're probably overthinking this. given the right-wing media portrayal of antifa it doesn't take a conspiracy, just a cop eager to start poo poo and a power-tripping judge who watches a lot of tucker carlson

I don't think it's just one cop doing that. All the other cops went along with him. (And there was two judges that refused to not charge protesters, although for the first one it was procedurally different in a manner where the judge can indeed just arbitrarily decide to charge anyway). They genuinely think we're A.N.T.I.F.A. terrorists with poison concrete milkshakes despite the fact that political rallys in Boston have had almost no political violence what-so-ever, up until the police decided they wanted to fight us.

It's galling and frustrating and even if we force Captain Pepperjack to get a real job I very much worry this is going to get worse and worse until these idiot cops brain an 18 year old college kid with a tear gas canister and kill them.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I don't think it's just one cop doing that. All the other cops went along with him. (And there was two judges that refused to not charge protesters, although for the first one it was procedurally different in a manner where the judge can indeed just arbitrarily decide to charge anyway). They genuinely think we're A.N.T.I.F.A. terrorists with poison concrete milkshakes despite the fact that political rallys in Boston have had almost no political violence what-so-ever, up until the police decided they wanted to fight us.

It's galling and frustrating and even if we force Captain Pepperjack to get a real job I very much worry this is going to get worse and worse until these idiot cops brain an 18 year old college kid with a tear gas canister and kill them.

agreed, all i'm saying is it doesn't take an explicit conspiracy between cops and judges, the situation can easily occur organically: cop culture valorizes busting heads, judges have huge egos and are afforded nearly free reign in their courts, and statistically speaking plenty from both groups are highly predisposed to believe stories of concrete milkshakes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

in case you're a lurker who's just joining us, vanguard america was the group james fields was part of at charlottesville, and is being sued as an entity (along with a bunch of other groups) under the old ku klux klan act with the intent to prove these groups conspired to do violence to people. hopper, who was ousted as the group's leader by rousseau before UTR, complied with the motion to depose because he was basically threatened with a bench warrant if he didn't which would've sicced u.s. marshals after him.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

in case you're a lurker who's just joining us, vanguard america was the group james fields was part of at charlottesville, and is being sued as an entity (along with a bunch of other groups) under the old ku klux klan act with the intent to prove these groups conspired to do violence to people..

well its not as of there arent hundreds of lines of chatlogs where they conspired to do violence to people including plowing into a crowd with their car

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/NewCovenant2018/status/1170091047323602946?s=19

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

okay, this story seems pretty funny because either 1) this undercover officer was dumb enough to think he wouldn't be attacked by his fellow officers, OR 2) his 'friends' knew he was undercover and still beat the poo poo out of him anyway

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

the cop they whipped the poo poo out of was beaten so badly he hasn't worked since, so 5 for the price of 4 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

incredible face ratio