Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody closed the lid on the MacBook discord is hosted on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

LibCrusher posted:

Somebody closed the lid on the MacBook discord is hosted on
PM Velocibacon

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

ilkhan posted:

PM Velocibacon

It’s a joke. All of discord is down.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:lol: just :lol: that the market has a swing down of 600 (+300 to -300) based on a speech by the fed indicating that they will be raising rates. It's not like this information hasn't been posted and known for months at this point. Why the crazy drop as soon as it's actually mentioned? Wall street and investors knew it was coming. Shouldn't it have been "priced in" already?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the market is completely irrational and any attempt to justify to the contrary is laughable at this point

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
the sudden reverse seems way overblown, but I took the opportunity to Buy The Dip for the first time in 2022. So you can expect an immediate 10% market correction. sorry about that.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Cacafuego posted:

:lol: just :lol: that the market has a swing down of 600 (+300 to -300) based on a speech by the fed indicating that they will be raising rates. It's not like this information hasn't been posted and known for months at this point. Why the crazy drop as soon as it's actually mentioned? Wall street and investors knew it was coming. Shouldn't it have been "priced in" already?

Only positive catalysts or good news is priced in. Never underestimate the ability of the market to panic sell on situations like these.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Jpow lied, spy died

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

crypto is going back up, buy back those cheap video cards before they get expensive again!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cheap...video cards????

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its all relative

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the market is completely irrational and any attempt to justify to the contrary is laughable at this point

Perfect information efficient market I scream as my leveraged nft eft get investigated by the feds

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I thought Jerome was my friend. :(

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cacafuego posted:

It's just super fragile. The 30 day volume for spy is pretty darn high, so it's not a low volume move.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lol we all know by now there's a ton of liquidity on the sidelines waiting to go somewhere... tomorrow we open with a rip up of 5%

can't believe I'm saying this but it's all in the hands of the tesla call today

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Cheap...video cards????

Yes! Apparently, $800 for a 3070 that has been running at full tilt 24/7 for the past two years is a deal.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

numberoneposter posted:

crypto is going back up, buy back those cheap video cards before they get expensive again!

You buying the BTC dip with RTX cards instead of coins or MARA calls? well okay.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pixaal posted:

You buying the BTC dip with RTX cards instead of coins or MARA calls? well okay.

You think MARA over RIOT?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Eric Cantonese posted:

I thought Jerome was my friend. :(

Even if it's good news, the market shits itself in a panic whenever he speaks.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You think MARA over RIOT?

Either or, picked at random. BITO also exists but the way it rolls I think it has slippage every month so not great.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Welp AJRD merger is dead thanks to the FTC. My shares are fuuucccked, gonna dump em

Yep, sold mine, major disappointment. Pure politics. Raytheon cries fowl & is also located in Sen. Warren's home state so there you go. It's now loud and clear the Biden admin. is going to stick it's fingers into every pie from here on in. Pentagon is not happy & big corp. is going to have second thoughts on any future mergers. Predictions are the Microsoft/Activision deal may get killed as well. The wheels are falling off the wagon...

Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) shares have fallen below $90, possibly on these fears. Could be a good grab if it goes lower.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Isn't war good for number, and isn't EU about to get in a land war with Russia in winter

Commodities are currently being priced in...

Russia + Ukraine export 29% of the world's wheat, ~10% of its aluminum & copper, 43% of its palladium, etc

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Afternoon rug pull came early today at noon instead of 1 or 2 like last week

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Looked at SoFi. Maybe I should just make a new account and pretend my current one doesn't exist to resist the urge to sell it. I wonder if the delayed earnings call was a portent for doom.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

dipwood posted:

Looked at SoFi. Maybe I should just make a new account and pretend my current one doesn't exist to resist the urge to sell it. I wonder if the delayed earnings call was a portent for doom.
Yeah that number definitely needs to be green. And soon.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Feeding the bear today

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

Feeding the bear today

IMPP showed up on my low float scanner yesterday so I'm pretty happy.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Love to buy a stock and have it go up several percentage points within minutes. Makes you feel like you nailed it (until it drops 10% per day for the next three days)

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

The Big Jesus posted:

Love to buy a stock and have it go up several percentage points within minutes. Makes you feel like you nailed it (until it drops 10% per day for the next three days)

plz don’t doxx me itt tia

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You guys are buying stock?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Average Bear posted:

Deep in SPY at the moment. It's lazy, medium risk, medium return taxable brokerage investing. It's my fav thing to buy/sell, haven't found anything else I like as much.

SPXS and SPXL are both cool too, but my risk tolerance and analysis skills are not up to the task.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

Average Bear posted:

Yes but only stocks that are going down after I buy them

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NDRA touched .55 today, someone convince me not to triple-down and drop another grand into this foolish gamble

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

NDRA touched .55 today, someone convince me not to triple-down and drop another grand into this foolish gamble

Do it you coward

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
There’s lots of support at 0

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Leperflesh posted:

by all means keep buying it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Woodchip posted:

:hmmyes:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

wait for the reverse split so you can effectively pay under $0.01 at current share total.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Woodchip posted:

Thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Woodchip posted: