Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

aghhhhhhh I can't stop reading, Griffith just got made a viscount!

Everything sure is working out great for him and his good friend Guts. #livingthedream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Everything sure is working out great for him and his good friend Guts. #livingthedream

Nosferatu just appeared which is Guts and Gang's first meeting with a Demon, well first we've seen. I suspect Griffith either knows of them or the Betholit(?) he has will react to Nosferatu's blood. Also even though Griffith and Guts are totally Will Graham/Hannibal right now I still really want someone to wipe the smile off Griffith's face.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You will get your wish, yes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I loving LOST MY poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rangpur posted:

You will get your wish, yes.

:bisonyes:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latest chapter owns

I feel like the latest episode could have had some neat fight scenes if the tech was there to make them not choppy. It had some nice 2D bits.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Like, the final part in the tavern is legit good by any anime standard not just Berserk.

And the end card basically confirms Season 3

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am ashamed that it took until Nosferatu's warning that I realised how Gut's will get his brand :saddowns: Going to put it down to marathoning as opposed to slow weekly reading also massive dumbness.

e: someone punch and/or make love to this man immmediately

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The end of the season said "The Story Continues" which could mean a season 3, or it could mean that the story continues... in the manga.

That last scene in the tavern was like the studio saying "This is what we COULD do if we had the budget". Unfortunately they covered it with the god drat credits!

Awful hookups between shots in the 3d parts of the episode. Schierke is running, then it cuts and she's walking, without any time having elapsed. Or Sonia's head angle won't match up at all. Really jarring. That's not even an animation thing, that's just continuity.

Anyway newest manga chapter was awesome as usual. Really hope "Winter" means, like, November and not February.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
the grossest and most disturbing part of the chapter

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guts overheard Griffith's description of a friend and he's heartbroken now. It's like a teen romcom where the geek who was dating the quarterback finds out it was a bet. I think true love will blossom between them though :kimchi:

Also I am so down with how driven Griffith is "people are willing to die for me and my dream so how dare I disrespect them by not sucking old man dick if it gets me what I want"

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Griffith is sure willing to sacrifice a lot for his dream.

Sacrifice.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

EmmyOk posted:

Guts overheard Griffith's description of a friend and he's heartbroken now. It's like a teen romcom where the geek who was dating the quarterback finds out it was a bet. I think true love will blossom between them though :kimchi:

Also I am so down with how driven Griffith is "people are willing to die for me and my dream so how dare I disrespect them by not sucking old man dick if it gets me what I want"

Hey EmmyOk your liveblogging is much appreciated. Just wanted to let you know.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ccs posted:

Griffith is sure willing to sacrifice a lot for his dream.

Sacrifice.

Yeah I'm so mad lol it took me until Nosferatu to realise what was coming! Also I guess it's not so much a flash back as those first chapters were a flash forward?

LordMune posted:

Hey EmmyOk your liveblogging is much appreciated. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks! I always worry it's grating!

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 23, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Those are kind of a hook that sits in the back of your mind and makes you wonder just what the gently caress Griffith does. Also, knowing that Griffith does something completely monstrous all along lets the series shift from Golden Age into the Eclipse without it feeling out of nowhere. I don't know if that was the intent but it really works.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I don't know if that was the intent but it really works.

Yes, you do.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
But remember, let's not give too many hints. Part of what makes it so good, as was just discussed, is when you realize that the answer was right there all along but you got distracted.

I too love the live blogging. It allows us to relive the excitement!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Those are kind of a hook that sits in the back of your mind and makes you wonder just what the gently caress Griffith does. Also, knowing that Griffith does something completely monstrous all along lets the series shift from Golden Age into the Eclipse without it feeling out of nowhere. I don't know if that was the intent but it really works.

Yeah the whole time I'm thinking "what happened Gut's eye and what happened between them?". I'm trying to work out how Griffith's ambition collapses because so far he's strolling through enemies and the biggest dangers at the court were Julius and Minister Foss, only one of whom remains and Griffith seems to have his number. Time to read on! Excited to see what happens next between Griffith and Guts. Will Guts not say anything like that time with Gambino or call Griffith a oval office.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yes, you do.

Nah man I'm pretty sure I really don't know how much of an overarching plan Miura had back in the late 80s/early 90s when he was doing the Black Swordsman stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This dude with his family techniques including playing dead on the battlefield is Joseph Josestar/Alex Louis Armstrong-esque and blowing my mind in the world of Berserk lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This I did not expect

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Yes, keep going :getin:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GET hosed YOU SMUG oval office

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Please don't stop. You're almost there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is 3am so I am off to bed but goddamnit I'm so depressed right now. Casca and Guts just slept together and the band in general are planning to get Griffith now that they know where he is. However it's a year since Guts left and that skellington told him things were going to get hosed after a year. I was so happy when he left the Band but he didn't get to leave for nearly long enough :saddowns: Maybe despite the opening chapters it'll all actually be okay??? and Griffith won't tear my heart out???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nice post/avatar combo. is that from the anime? if so, they've improved their models a bit.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

EmmyOk posted:

It is 3am so I am off to bed but goddamnit I'm so depressed right now. Casca and Guts just slept together and the band in general are planning to get Griffith now that they know where he is. However it's a year since Guts left and that skellington told him things were going to get hosed after a year. I was so happy when he left the Band but he didn't get to leave for nearly long enough :saddowns: Maybe despite the opening chapters it'll all actually be okay??? and Griffith won't tear my heart out???

Yeah I'm sure those opening chapters were just a bad dream :allears:

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I Love Annie May posted:

The real ball buster in this chapter was Miura.

"veni, vidi,

veni (u-guuuuuu~!)"

verily, mine balls wax azure.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Begemot posted:

Yeah I'm sure those opening chapters were just a bad dream :allears:

At the minute I'm a man who jumped off a building and I'm telling myself "so far so good" all the way down :downs:

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

At the minute I'm a man who jumped off a building and I'm telling myself "so far so good" all the way down :downs:

ADTRW-Sempai dropping the ball

Hiatus is back until Thanksgiving

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You should honestly not go to sleep before finishing the Golden age

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Berserk 351 The one where Mozgus eats a bag of dicks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rodyle posted:

You should honestly not go to sleep before finishing the Golden age

I'm in work as soon as I wake up unfortunately :saddowns: I'll have time to finish the Golden Age arc before bed Saturday night and uni on Sunday!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You really need the soundtrack of the 90s anime to accompany what is to come.

And the narration too.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Can someone make me a .gif of the ducks marching part of sonias story at 9:30 ? I'm really happy they kept that in.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Using the ducks story to say what happened to Charlotte was clever, since they never actually animated that part. I guess it would have been too much to animate, and revealing Ganishka so close to the end of the series would be jarring.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Speaking of Golden Age. There was a scene in one of the movies of Griffith in a pond holding up the behelit with the sun in the background. The sound track was nearly silent. It was one of the most haunting images I've ever seen because I knew what was coming, but it all looked so beautiful.

Even in this potato quality youtube video it's still a joy to watch.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Descent actually did Berserk justice.

That's also the last moment that Griffith is a good person. He wants to tell them to stay away, but his tongue has been cut out. He tries to get away, but his muscles are torn and he's weak. But once Guts touches him, it's all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Episode 24 was... good???