Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

El Padrino posted:

Do people that get angry at the McElroys consider that maybe, just maybe, they are people too and entitled to their own opinions and beliefs just as they are?

Seems like that person was earnestly engaging with travis on twitter and wasn't trying to poo poo down his throat or dogpile or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Who What Now posted:

Someone PM me when the fandom derail ends.

Would you rather talk about
A) MaxFun ads in general, or
B) Elliott Kalan's voice in particular

Maybe if there's time we can also do
C) how bad the Adventure Zone is now

KoB
May 1, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

and they also think a piece of overwatch fanart is racist because someone drew McCree with light skin

Im pretty sure Mcree is from like Colorado or something and is just a cowboy weaboo?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello welcome to the snooze cruise ARG, this is the start of the ARG

Your clue is "what bellows below, barrows in droves"

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 22, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watching the latest Awful Squad I want Polygon to do two things.
1. Play the Resistance with the New York office or over skype so they can also get Griffin and Nick in it.
2. Use their server to do a squad game with a bunch of different video game sites.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

If it's any consolation, at least a lot of these dumbass tweets and accusations (like that convo with Travis,) are coming from actual, literal children. Really, it's more indicative that the mcelroys desperately, DESPERATELY, need to learn how to ignore poo poo like this sometimes. Because you will never ever EVER be able to avoid upsetting a bunch of 15 year olds with their heads up their asses.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here's a thing that doesn't suck to talk about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mR0GU8EOEA

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

JUSTIN'S TROLLS TIE

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I've heard people mention that Justin has been looking slimmer lately, but I couldn't really see it until now. What a healthy boy!

well why not posted:

JUSTIN'S TROLLS TIE

It's important to dress for the job you want, not the one you have right now.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Came here just to post about Justin's Trolls tie

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Ariong posted:

It's important to dress for the job you want, not the one you have right now.

i mean... he already has it

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Not yet.

But he will.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

nerdman42 posted:

Not yet.

But he will already has.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Fyi BeamNG.drive is part of the Steam sale in case you want to have your mind utterly flayed and be sent to the sunchips place

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Colonel Whitey posted:

Fyi BeamNG.drive is part of the Steam sale in case you want to have your mind utterly flayed and be sent to the sunchips place

Buy it and play it and then realize that Nick "Fourth meal Brother" Robinson is the god of camera controls.

Beam is a fun game but that camera is a bitch and a half.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf9g102WlBM

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I've watched seven loving minutes of that and now I have a splitting headache

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

well why not posted:

My understanding is that because it's about the American 'Founding Fathers' and the Revolutionary War, but doesn't really focus on Natives or Slavery as much as it could, LMM is essentially a jackbooted thug to certain people.

He's probably the least racist person with a Twitter account, but these ideas are kinda pervasive. Travis is honestly just so sensitive, it seems like he has trouble just disregarding people who are loons.

I mean yea you can reduce it super hard to that but the one dude dude who started this whole "OH GOD THE BLACKS ON TWITTER ARE GOING WILD ON OUR POOR POOR BROTHERS" derail was just kinda taking the not unique or fringe stance that a show where george washington raps and only addresses slavery with generic 'and guys, slavery is bad' throwaway lines that none of the actual founders believed in and has moments where Thomas Jefferson has cutesy banter referencing the slave he raped like she was his girlfriend actually is kinda a problem to a lot of people and that manifests in being a little sick of seeing Lin getting praised as some progressive force for making Washington black.

Like, maybe boiling it down to people being crazy and lumping literally anyone who says 'maybe using your platform for this guy isn't the best move' in with some kinda insane targeted attack is part of the problem?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
twitter is that-a-way

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

I mean yea you can reduce it super hard to that but the one dude dude who started this whole "OH GOD THE BLACKS ON TWITTER ARE GOING WILD ON OUR POOR POOR BROTHERS" derail was just kinda taking the not unique or fringe stance that a show where george washington raps and only addresses slavery with generic 'and guys, slavery is bad' throwaway lines that none of the actual founders believed in and has moments where Thomas Jefferson has cutesy banter referencing the slave he raped like she was his girlfriend actually is kinda a problem to a lot of people and that manifests in being a little sick of seeing Lin getting praised as some progressive force for making Washington black.

Like, maybe boiling it down to people being crazy and lumping literally anyone who says 'maybe using your platform for this guy isn't the best move' in with some kinda insane targeted attack is part of the problem?

You have a lot of good points about the problems with Hamilton and Lin getting praise he doesn't deserve, but he is still personal friends with the McElroy's and it's bullshit to expect them to end a friendship because a musical wasn't perfect.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

sexpig by night posted:

whoa hey I didn't do any of this poo poo I just asked a fuckin question I definitely didn't say "the blacks", gently caress man come on. I saw one or two people mentioning a thing I was curious. I dont know a loving thing about Hamilton I have no dog in that race. Retract.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

The dancing piss monkeys would make an excellent gang tag

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The piss party is the gif I want to describe my life

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been slowly going through MBMBaM from the beginning but I just heard the Extreme Restraints presentation they did on Candlenights and it's the best six minutes I've ever heard.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

YggiDee posted:

I've been slowly going through MBMBaM from the beginning but I just heard the Extreme Restraints presentation they did on Candlenights and it's the best six minutes I've ever heard.

Is that the one with Sydnee in it because that one was the funniest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYKmU5Bfwc

I hope Chris Hardwick is watching this thread so he can see the video.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I've watched seven loving minutes of that and now I have a splitting headache

I can't believe the phrase "I'm gonna fuckin' yartz, dude" was not uttered in the entire runtime.

kidcoelacanth posted:

here's a thing that doesn't suck to talk about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mR0GU8EOEA

E3 2017 was a high point for Griffin eating things for comedy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
patrick's greatest comedy talent is being completely terrifyingly straight faced in all situations

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

iajanus posted:

Sydnee! How come the penis doesn't gain fat? HOW COME THE PENIS DOESN'T GAIN FAT?

So, what'd she say?

She said "JESUS."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Captain Internet posted:

Sydnee! How come the penis doesn't gain fat? HOW COME THE PENIS DOESN'T GAIN FAT?

So, what'd she say?

She said "JESUS."

What episode is this, it sounds hilarious.

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

Jade Mage posted:

What episode is this, it sounds hilarious.

Ep 182: Yogi The Stareater

DrankSinatra fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 23, 2017

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

DrankSinatra posted:

Ep 182: Yogi The Stareater

Bless you kind soul

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

iajanus posted:

It's the family-friendly episode with the G-rated descriptions of the restraints.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

patrick's greatest comedy talent is being completely terrifyingly straight faced in all situations

Nah he hella broke when Griffin did the Cronch, while Nick powered through like a beast

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

DrankSinatra posted:

Did Sydnee specifically call somebody out or something? I saw the post-shitshow shitshow, and nothing was elucidated.

Either Sydnee or someone else went off on the people harassing them about the racism show, specifically people harassing Rileigh. And there were some exchanges on Twitter with either another sister or their mom? Whatever the case, I think the fact that people wouldn't leave Rileigh alone is what triggered the angry reactions. Which is understandable, because she is sixteen and a 16-year-old should not be expected to be providing the end-all-and-be-all of social justice content.

The fan community in general has been real lovely about the general McElroy desire to be welcoming and kind to fans and acknowledging their own privilege. There is a minority of fans who see that openness and use it as an opportunity to crap on all and sundry McElroys if they feel that somewhere a McElroy has not significantly acknowledged their privilege and altered their content to the fans' satisfaction. I say this as a person who is often on the crazy-left side of arguments about discrimination and privilege and structural violence. This type of behavior is really starting to piss me off and hurts the cause more than it helps.

Also, the demands for the podcasts about racism and all that would be significantly more meaningful if they were being led by actual people of color, rather than apparent White kids who are so excited to ride their first High Horse they don't see how utterly counterproductive their little Internet cavalry attacks are to the overall social justice movement.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

As always with Facebook things like this I wish there was a backup since I'd love to see them tearing strips off the morons.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

iajanus posted:

As always with Facebook things like this I wish there was a backup since I'd love to see them tearing strips off the morons.

I can't really say they did . . . Their posts were angry, but in the "I'm so angry I'm just going to say a bunch of poo poo" way, not "Now I'm going to eloquently and wittily eviscerate you." :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
It's passably OK to mention when one of the McElroys or perhaps Smerls is personally involved in something dramatic on Twitter or Facebook but I tend to assume the people in this thread who care about drama in those spaces are already involved and participating in those spaces. There's really no reason one couldn't be.

So, thanks thread, for not dropping drama screen caps of Facebook or tweets of arguable relevance to delicious McElroy and McElroy-adjacent content, into this thread. I can appreciate the urge and I admire your restraint.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Yeah, this week's Rose Buddiez was really hard to listen to. It isn't that the shows did horrible things (spoiler: they did) but also how destroyed Griffin and Rachel sounded. It sucks when your happy fun questionable place turns into "My god, I am wading through eyebrow-high cesspools."

It looks, based on some dialogue, that the producers forced Corinne to keep Racist Dude on because drama.

I like Griffin/Rachel banter a lot and want to listen to their podcast, but wow, are they not having fun, and wow, is it not fun to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It looks, based on some dialogue, that the producers forced Corinne to keep Racist Dude on because drama.

You're crossing the garbage wires!

For real though, your post does make me wonder how long it could be this bad before Griffin and Rachel just quit with The Bachelor altogether.