Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't support the people calling him something vulgar or whatever. Being a toxic rear end in a top hat on Twitter is being a toxic rear end in a top hat on Twitter. But like... it goes both ways and if you're a pseudo celebrity on Twitter you're just gonna draw that poo poo down on you from anonymous assholes with nothing to lose so you better develop some tough skin or self control.

I mean, I don't really care. Twitter basically exists for assholes to make public asses of themselves and there's no winners and only losers in most twitter fights. I was just a little surprised since that wasn't the impression I had of the guy. But I've really only paid attention to Meltzer over the years the way you kind of just have to know who he is if you've been following wrestling online without actually reading or listening to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave’s just a weirdo who feels like he has to correct every wrong statement placed before him.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah it's just the same reason when Bryan says "they sent that guy out there to die" Dave has to go "well he didn't actually die"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dave’s just a weirdo who feels like he has to correct every wrong statement placed before him.
He has more charm than ours.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

where are my call-ups and returns!!!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Destroy My Sweater posted:

where are my call-ups and returns!!!

Dave is apparently speculating that Kairi Sane and Candice LaRae are on the callup list, and that Sami Zayn will probably return next week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Dave is apparently speculating that Kairi Sane and Candice LaRae are on the callup list, and that Sami Zayn will probably return next week.

Wat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol at bringing Sami back when the crowd will be less hot for it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

She's not doing anything in NXT and certainly doesn't need the "developmental" stuff, why not?

Also it'd be Sami coming back in Montreal probably, he'll get a hot crowd.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They just called up 10 people within the past few months. You think they wouldn't further gut NXT by taking people that they don't need and have no plans for. But... they need something to shock the post mania crowd with.

DarkstarIV posted:

What wonderful insight by Dave

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Draxion posted:

She's not doing anything in NXT and certainly doesn't need the "developmental" stuff, why not?

Also it'd be Sami coming back in Montreal probably, he'll get a hot crowd.

I didn't realize it was in Montreal. That's a wise choice then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You laugh, but it's likely the only chance she has at being anything more than just Johnny's Wife for her entire run in the company

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol at bringing Sami back when the crowd will be less hot for it.

Next week is Montreal.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

They just called up 10 people within the past few months. You think they wouldn't further gut NXT by taking people that they don't need and have no plans for. But... they need something to shock the post mania crowd with.

What wonderful insight by Dave

I mean I guess there were plans previously in March as well to have both Kairi and Candice work the house show circuits. Kairi actually did work the house show circuits for a bit back in February. Candice hasn't, but I can see them wanting her on the main roster if she's going to ever amount to anything. They seem to be building to her facing Shayna, but I think she's likely just a filler challenger for San Jose or something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

You laugh, but it's likely the only chance she has at being anything more than just Johnny's Wife for her entire run in the company

I'm not laughing at all, it just seems incredibly out of nowhere so I'm confused. And I guess I don't see her being anything more than an afterthought on the main roster, but maybe she'll prove me wrong.

Like I'm pretty surprised that Bianca isn't on that list, she doesn't really have anything left for NXT imo. I know it's just speculation but seems odd to me that Dave wouldn't include her.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean I guess there were plans previously in March as well to have both Kairi and Candice work the house show circuits. Kairi actually did work the house show circuits for a bit back in February. Candice hasn't, but I can see them wanting her on the main roster if she's going to ever amount to anything. They seem to be building to her facing Shayna, but I think she's likely just a filler challenger for San Jose or something.

I am sure Dave's speculation is moreso that both of them were in the Women's Battle Royal.

I can't even think of who they could shock us with by having a surprise return.

Zayn is the obvious choice. Bray Wyatt is a possibility. They used Harper last night. Fandango, Akam, and Sin Cara have been injured, but would be underwhelming if they are healthy. They could maybe decide to move somebody up to Raw/SD from 205 Live....

NXT just feels like anybody big would be a big loss, and anybody too low on the card is going to not make an impact. Like I can't see TUE moving up, but could see them totally calling up TM61 and having them do nothing on the main roster

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

I am sure Dave's speculation is moreso that both of them were in the Women's Battle Royal.

I can't even think of who they could shock us with by having a surprise return.

Zayn is the obvious choice. Bray Wyatt is a possibility. They used Harper last night. Fandango, Akam, and Sin Cara have been injured, but would be underwhelming if they are healthy. They could maybe decide to move somebody up to Raw/SD from 205 Live....

NXT just feels like anybody big would be a big loss, and anybody too low on the card is going to not make an impact. Like I can't see TUE moving up, but could see them totally calling up TM61 and having them do nothing on the main roster

TM61 is done. Nick Miller was released a few months ago.

Also Worlds Collide tapings are going on, and while I'll wait for the full results to be posted, there was one match taped that was...not good. Marina Shayfir vs Taynara Conti. Apparently they botched the finish, and Marina had won using some sort of weird takedown like move.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mikey Nicholls just jobbed to Okada last month and is now in Chaos, so a TM61 call up is impossible now

e:f,b lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Some of the results so far:

- Dana Brooke defeated Jessie Elaban

- Candice LaRae defeated Kay Lee Ray

- Toni Storm defeated Bianca Belair and Nikki Cross

- Marina Shafir defeated Taynara Conti

- Piper Niven defeated Zelina Vega

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Astro7x posted:

Like I can't see TUE moving up

Sort of like Bianca, I feel like there's not really anything left for them and expect them to get called up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm just ready for Finn to get demolished by Lars Sullivan tonight.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Don't speak these things into the world

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm just ready for Finn to get demolished by Lars Sullivan tonight.

He hasn’t burned his bridges after the no-show incident? Huh, guess the fascists’ll give each other infinite chances.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Venomous posted:

He hasn’t burned his bridges after the no-show incident? Huh, guess the fascists’ll give each other infinite chances.

Word was that Lars was never coming back.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think Pete Dunne could be a strong callup possibility.

I guess with the Ciampa injuries and winning the title at Takeover that Gargano had his call-up put on hold?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sonya Deville defeated Io Shirai in the main event of the Worlds Collide taping via a spear. I guess the crowd was stunned by the result.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

I think Pete Dunne could be a strong callup possibility.

I guess with the Ciampa injuries and winning the title at Takeover that Gargano had his call-up put on hold?

Dunne is never ever leaving the UK. The second Vince lays eyes on him in a hallway, he'll be lucky to not get released the next day.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Your Parents posted:

Word was that Lars was never coming back.

HHH said on his NXT conference call that he’s likely back, and it might be soon

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nathan Jones 2K19

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Nathan Jones 2K19
Do you think Lars will lactate through his t-shirt too?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Street Profits should be called up because they're never gonna do anything in NXT so they might as well call them up and get lost in the shuffle on the main roster instead

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tue going up tonight, at least that was the plan yesterday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lars was spotted near the arena

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

If this is true then it was on Wikipedia on Friday. :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I hope they beat Ryder and Hawkins for the Tag Titles

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope they beat Ryder and Hawkins for the Tag Titles

Oh my God yes please.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Local TV just said Kofi vs Bryan for the wwe title at a house show so gently caress finish incoming

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

LionYeti posted:

Local TV just said Kofi vs Bryan for the wwe title at a house show so gently caress finish incoming

Local advertising for a show I'm going to on the 19th says the Shield will be wrestling together and that bayley and sasha are defending the titles. It's meaningless.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LionYeti posted:

Local ads have been saying Dean's 1) there, and 2) with the Shield, for the rest of the month's house shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MY local ad said it'd be Seth/Roman and Braun as an honorary Shield member in a six man, so local advertising is obviously correct and good